Guessing Game

Pick Up Sticks

When Chaerin got to the bed, she immediately fell asleep. She wasn't even able to think about where she is and whose bed it is she's sleeping on. She took in the smell of the blanket and smiled as she slept, wrapping herself in the blanket and sinking her head on the pillow made her comfortable as she slept. Morning came and Chaerin woke up with a big smile on her face, she took in the view of the room and then a thought came into her mind, reminding her that she's not in her room. "Oh Shoot!" she hissed, lifting up the blanket and looking at herself, inspecting and recalling everything.

She exhaled when everything came back to her, she went to the bathroom and freshened up, washing her face and fixing her hair before she went out. She found Henry still sleeping on the couch and walked over to him with light steps. She watched him sleep and was observing his face, and took notice of how his eyelashes are long and nice and attractive. She stretched her hand, wanting to touch but before her hand could reach it's destination; Henry's eyes opened up, she quickly retracted her hand and looked away. "Good Morning" Henry said in his sleepy, groggy voice and then fashioned a smile
"Morning" she said, smiling as well. She stood up, took a few steps back and watched the man get out of bed. Noticing how cute his hair was, she let out a small laugh that took Henry by surprise "What is it?" He asked, rubbing his still half opened eyes.
"Your hair" she said, trying so hard not to continue giggling.
Henry smiled, shook his head and ruffled his hair "Better?" He asked. Chaerin nodded and Henry stood up, ruffled her hair and went to the bathroom. "Heyyy!" She protested, but he was already gone. She fixed her hair and stayed to where she was and waited till he came back, she asked if she could prepare breakfast but Henry insisted that he'd be the one in charge. "Please?? " she asked, acting all cute and not herself, he laughed at her and said "No, not with that awkward aegyo of yours" going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the two of them.

She hung out inches from him, following wherever he went and becoming his shadow. Chaerin just decided to let him be, she watched him cook and she helped out with the dishes; Chaerin then started to cough and then sniff.. "Are you okay?" Henry asked, while washing the dishes "I'm fine" she replied, then coughed
"Are you sure? I'll take you to the hospital..." He offered
"No, it's fine. I was just cold from all the rain yesterday, this will be gone in a few days" she replied
"Are you really sure?"
"Yes" she said, standing up
"I'm sure" she added, walking to where he is, taking a plate and a cloth and wiping the plate clean beside him, he then wiped his hand on his shirt and put it on her forehead "You're not that hot"
"See, told you I'm fine" she said, flashing a smile. Henry smiled as well and shook his head. "Why don't you go relax for a while, I'll go take a shower and then I'll walk you home" he said, tapping her shoulder.

Henry then went to his room and Chaerin settled on the couch, she was paying with her phone and taking pictures of Henry's childhood photos "He looks so adorable" she said, while taking a photo. He then got out of the room, all dressed and ready. "I think your clothes are all dry, do you want me to get them for you?" he asked
"No it's okay."
"Towel?"
"Yes, please" she said, going to the laundry room and getting her clothes then back to the room. She stepped in the shower and freshened up, she then heard a voice saying "Towels are on the bed, Chae"
"Okay, thanks Swee.." she started "Uhm thanks Henry" she then said then finished her shower. She then got out and got the towels, blow dried her hair and prepared to go home. She got out and walked to the couch where Henry's sitting "I'm good" she said, he got looked at her; paused for a second then said "Oh.. Okay".

The two then walked to the door and straight on to Chaerin's dorm. On the way there, she wondered why she wasn't able to see Rover, Henry replied by saying "He's still with the vet, his stomachache isn't going away so they suggested that I leave him there for a while" "I hope he'll be okay" she then replied. The two then were almost to the dorm, they approached the stairs and then Henry suddenly stopped "You should go in" he said
"Uhm... do you want to have coffee or tea ?"
"No, It's alright... Next time maybe?"
"Alright, you take care on the way back" she said, letting out a cough
"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"
"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for everything" she then said, then with a sudden movement she planted a kiss on Henry's cheek He was all smiles, and then he spaced out for a second before stuttering "N..n..n..no problem" and slowly making his way down the stairs, he tripped a little but he suddenly got up, smiled and assured Chaerin that he's okay.

A smile then formed on her face as she walked to her room, her face turned red as she recalled what she just did "so embarrassing" she said while opening the door to her dorm room. She got in, dropped her bag on the floor and jumped on the bed. She squirmed and turned and said "What were you thinking Chaerin?! The guy should be the one doing the first move. Not you!! UGHHHHH!" Chaerin was uneasy, she kept looking at her phone; waiting for him to send her a message or maybe call. She changed her clothes and was preparing for work. As she was packing her stuff for school, she felt her head getting heavier by the minute so she called her manager and told him that she's calling in sick. Luckily, she had medicines left in her kit, she drank capsules and tablets for cough and flu. She stayed in bed, watched TV and just got a good bed rest. By night time she made herself some soup; she gulped a bowl of that and then on to another set of medicines.

The next day, there wasn't much change. She woke up later than usual, made breakfast and then slept. She hates getting sick, mainly because she misses home when she is plus taking care of yourself while sick is much harder than you can imagine. That afternoon, her unnie called to check up on her "Hello?" She said, her voice sounding real sick
"Chae? Is that you? Are you okay?"
"Oh.. Hi unnie.. I'm fine. Just caught a flu yesterday. Got rained at."
"So that's why you're not here.. Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Naaa.. I'm okay" she said, coughing
"Look, I'm dropping by after work. I'll bring you some porridge and medicines"
"Thank You unnie" she smiled, sniffing.
"You go sleep, don't move a lot and rest. I'll call you later"
"Okay unnie. Thank you, take care" Chaerin said and hung up. She closed her eyes for a bit and woke up to the sound of voices calling her from the door. "Chae!" Someone called "Open up!" Another one said. She dragged herself to the door and opened it, when she did, arms wrapped around her real tight; hands cupped her face and then horror can be seen in the other's eyes "Henry?" she managed to say.


A/N : We have progress! yes :3