Mind Games

Pick Up Sticks

~~~~4 Years Later~~~~


Their trip was what Henry just needed. He wrote the remaining songs and they were a hit, Chaerin finally graduated from school and she’s working in a huge company now. Henry’s a known composer as well and if you’re wondering about Donghae and Dara, they're happily married with 3 children ; HeeJoo(4), YooRin(3) and YongBin(2). They live in Busan, near the beach and they own a cafe as well.

Chaerin and Henry are still going strong. Rover finally has a woman in his life, in the form of Sabrina. They adopted Sabrina from the shelter, Rover took over and a year later; Rover and Sabrina are proud parents of three adorable puppies. All are under the care of Chaerin and Henry, they’re planning on giving one to Donghae and Dara’s kids as a gift since they haven’t seen them recently. Henry was planning on going to Busan the but before they did, Henry booked their dinner. He didnt say where, he just said that "I’ll come pick you up at work on Friday" .
Morning came and Chaerin was feeling real sick, it’s 2am and her stomach wants her to go to the toilet and spew whatever it is that’s in it. Nothing came out because she had nothing, except dinner maybe. She turned in sick for the morning and went to work in the afternoon. The same thing happened again the next morning, she rushed to the bathroom to see that she isn’t spewing out anything. She got really worried so she turned in sick and went to the hospital. She told them what was happening and then they asked her "When was your last period?"
"Oh uhm... what date is it today?" She asked
"It’s Wednesday, 24th"
"Let’s see... my last one was last month on the 10th"
"Okay... ually Active?"
"Uhm... Yes" she said, thw nurse then took something from the cabinet and gave it to her "Here, I’ll recommend you to see an OBGYN as well" the nurse said and then Chaerin left. She then used the thing that the nurse gave to her and the results were shocking, even to Chaerin. She then went to see an OBGYN the next day before going to work.

Friday came and Chaerin went to work and was happily greeted by the lady at the entrance. She smiled back and then head to the office. She did her thing and by lunch she got out and had her meal, when she came back again to the office; the lady was smiling again then said "Ms. Chaerin Lee?"
"Yes?"
"A parcel was left for you"
"Oh... thank you. Who is it from?"
"Sorry ma’am, there’s no name plus the guy that delivered it was in a hurry"
"Oh okay ... thank you" Chaerin said and then went back to desk at the office. She opened the box and there was a little card there, she opened it and it said "Looking forward to see you wearing this dress as you join me for dinner. See you later, Babe" it
said. She smiled, blushed and was about to cry but she laughed instead. Her office mates were teasing her and her boss told her
that she could leave early. Henry sent her a message that he’s almost to her office; so she changed to the dress and fixed herself up, she said goodbye to her boss and went down to the lobby. Henry arrived in no time and he was looking real handsome as well, he opened the car door for her and then he went in the driver’s seat.
"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere" he said
"Henry Lau! What is going on?"
"Nothing is going on, Chaerin Lee" he said as he buckled Chaerin’s in and himself. Henry drove and drove till they arrived at a house. It was empty and open so they let themselves in and they went to the garden. When they were there, the lights , revealing a table for two at the center with numerous flowers surrounding them and rose petals scattered all around.
"What is all this?" Chaerin asked
"This is dinner" Henry simply replied. Chaerin looked at him and said "Babe... This is... uhm... Thank you"
"Don’t thank me yet, sweetheart" he thought.
Dinner was served, they had salad for starters; steak as their main and poached pear with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.
They were just chatting away when Chaerin cleared "Hey Babe... I need to tell you something"
"Me too" Henry answered
"You first" she said. Henry stood up, pulled Chaerin up as well and then started "Chaerin Lee, you have turned my life into a crazy game when my dog barked at you in that park. I never regret the day that I said cheesy pick up lines just for you to notice me because now, Here I am; 4 years later in front of you and still crazy."
"So I am asking you something that might sound crazy..." he added. He kneeled, took a box from his pocket, opened it and finally said "Will you marry me?" Chaerin was already crying, she was shaking as she leaned to kiss Henry. Then she whispered "Can I say something even crazier?"
"Is that a yes?" Henry asked
"YES" she finally said, then she whispered something to him "and you’re gonna be a dad"
"WHAT? REALLY?" Henry asked, shocked
"I’m three weeks pregnant." She said, getting her bag and giving him pictures of the ultrasound
"Oh my god" He said, kissing Chaerin and hugging her "I love you" he then whispered
"I love you, too" she whispered back. People then came out from the house, cheering and crying. Dara was there, crying and running to Chaerin, her friends from the Coffee Shop were there, as well as her friends from the office. They congratulated her for being engaged and pregnant. Donghae came running to Henry, tapping him on the shoulder and congratulating him as well. He then handed him an envelope
"is it done?" Henry asked
"Yep, it’s all yours"
"Thanks Hyung"
Donghae then settled everyone down "Chaerin ah, I forgot to tell you something"
"There’s more?" Chaerin asked, laughing
"See this? All of this" he said, referring to the house and the garden "It’s all ours"
"Oh my god" Chaerin said, hugging Henry once again. The people cheered again, they send their congratulations for the last time
before leaving the new engaged couple to have their time alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wover!!!!" he little child screamed, as he clung to Rover’s leg
"Alex, Don’t hold Rover like that" Henry said to the little bo
"But he doesn’t want to pway wib me" he replied
Henry then kneeled in front of him, cleaning the boy's hands "He isn’t that young anymore, so he can't play like you do. Why dont you go to mommy, maybe she can help you?"
"MOMMY!!!!!!" He screamed again. 
"Yes Baby?" Chaerin responded, as she picked up the boy. She cleared his brown hair off his eyes and brushed off the fur that was on his shirt
"Wover doesn’t want to pway wib me"
"Sweetie, Rover isn’t that young anymore. Don’t worry, we’ll go visit Auntie Dara and Uncle Donghae so you can play with YongBin. Okay?" she comforted. The boy's eyes were filled with joy when he heard the name YongBin and he smiled at the thought of seeing his favorite uncle as he said "Okay!"
"Now, do you want to watch something?" Chaerin asked
"Tayo!!!!"
"Tayo, it is" Chaerin said The two then went to the TV area and while Chaerin was looking for the Tayo CD, she heard her little Alexander sing something in French. Chaerin then was all smiles as she talked to Alex in french. Henry was watching them and was smiling as well. He looked at his son, Chaerin, Rover, Sabrina, Dubu and Cookie (Rover and Sabrina's children) and was happy how the way things are in his life. He then took a long look at Rover, who's age was getting to him. He was glad that he listened to Rover and that in return, Rover got to have a family of his own and be with Henry.


~~~FIN~~~