Chapter 6

Relationship Status: It's Complicated (HIATUS)

"You have reached your destination." Tiffany's phone informed her in a monotonous voice. Tiffany stood in front of a ritzy apartment building.

She walked in, the stainless glass doors sliding open quietly. Tiffany scanned the apartment's directory, frowning.

"Hey! Tiffany!" she turned around. It was Lay. "Everyone was worried you wouldn't be able to figure out the room number, so they sent me to come get you."

"Me? Not be able to find my way?" Tiffany scoffed, pretending that she hadn't been lost in the five-story apartment's directory.

"Come on! Baekhyun's apartment is in the main building." Lay answered, ignoring her previous comment.

"There are multiple buildings?"

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

“Baekhyun! Baek! She’s here!!” Lay yelled, banging on the door. An elderly couple walked by, staring. Tiffany doubt that it was the right time to bring up the fact that the doorbell was on his left. Without warning, the door suddenly swung open, and Lay, losing his balance, stepped on Baekhyun, who was opening the door.

“Geesh, what was that for? I left the door open.” he grumbled, rubbing his foot as they entered the apartment.

“Sorry Baek, I didn’t notice.” Lay apologized. They walked into what Tiffany assumed was the living room, where everyone was waiting. Or seemed to be waiting. Tao and Chanyeol were taking selfies, Luhan was picking at his nails, Chen was listening to music, Kris was sleeping, Kai was...practicing his hair flip? And everyone else was watching the soccer match playing on the 72” flatscreen. Baekhyun coughed discreetly.

After a moment, everyone had noticed Tiffany’s arrival, except for Kris, who was still sleeping. Tao kicked him. Awkwardness filled the room.  A car horn could be heard in the distance, followed by a harsh string of profanity.

“So...what is it that you guys called me for?” Tiffany began.

“Uh...I know this sounds super awkward, but we um wanted to know how you were planning to...choose your husband.” Xiumin said, sounding more like a question than a statement.

Tiffany shifted her feet as she considered it, thinking about the wave of ideas she had come up with only the day before. She hadn’t really had much time to think about anything too clearly.

“I’m not really sure,” she said, shrugging nervously.

“That’s great!” Baekhyun suddenly burst out. Tiffany’s head snapped up. "Because we have it all planned out!" he winked, clapping twice and a translucent screen slid smoothly from the ceiling. Tiffany was reminded of all the spy movies that she had seen in America. A powerpoint flickered brightly onto the surface.

"Sehun, lights please." Sehun groaned, not moving from his spot on the couch.

"Can't you just snap your fingers or something?" he grumbled, as he finally stood and dragged himself towards the light switch.

"Actually, I can." Baekhyun grinned, smoothly sliding his glasses into place.

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

Half an hour later, Tiffany blinked tiredly, her eyelids drooping from Baekhyun's tattered, sketchy logic.

"Tiffany...Tiffany?!" a blurry hand waved in front of her eyes. Tiffany jerked herself awake and mentally kicked herself.

"Um, yeah? I mean, yes?" she answered uncomfortably.

"Do you understand the plan?" Baekhyun asked seriously.

"Oh, that. I guess I do...but isn't this just like a rip-off of The Bachelorette?" Baekhyun sighed, running his hand through his hair with a troubled, self-pitying expression, like why-do-I-live-with-such-terribly-thick-headed-people. 

"Then I guess you don't understand. Let me go over this again so-"

"Um, Baek. Are you done? I'm sorta hungry." Chen piped up, voicing Tiffany's thoughts. Baekhyun glared at him from underneath his glasses. Tiffany tensed up. 

"I'll call in for delivery."

"Aw, hyunnnnnnnnng~ Let's go somewhere fancier." Kai pleaded.

"I'm not paying." he replied pointedly. Everyone looked at Suho.

"Fine, fine. Dinner's on me, guys." he groaned in defeat.

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

"And what would you like to drink, ma'am?"

"A pink lemonade for me," Tiffany responded politely, before turning to peek over Tao's shoulder to see what he was doing on his phone. Come to think of it, Tiffany realized that he always seemed to be on his phone...

"Ah. Fruit ninja. Can I try? I am really good at that game." Tao took a quick glance at Tiffany doubtfully, before nodding.

[Fast Forward 5 Minutes Later]

"Wow, Noona, you're so good at this!" Tao remarked, his voice full of awe. His eyes were glued to the screen, where Tiffany was intensely swiping her finger over the surface and mutilating fruit.

"Told you so," Tiffany answered, pretending to be smug, as she handed him his phone back.

"Here are everyone's drinks," the waiter announced, two trays in hand. "Three waters with ice, one water with no ice, one Coke, two Sprites, three beers, one custom-made cocktail, and two pink lemonades." Tiffany looked up. The waiter slid one cup to Tiffany and the other towards the opposite end of the table. Tiffany stretched her neck, trying to find the other person who had ordered a pink lemonade, but to no avail. Screw all these tall people and identical cups. 

Tiffany thought about asking, but then she realized that it would sound so silly to ask. She shrugged to herself and continued sipping her lemonade and watching Sehun and Kai argue about who could do the better hair flip. 

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

Tiffany stood outside the restaurant, leftovers tied up neatly in a plastic bag, watching everyone say their goodbyes. She hesitated and wondered if she should join in or if it would be better to just quietly leave. In the end, she decided on the latter and snuck away, trying to be stealthy.  

"Hey! Tiffany!" Uh-oh. Caught. She turned around, swallowing and plastering a fake smile on her face.

"Do you need a ride? Should we hail a cab for you?"

"No, it's okay, I think my hotel is around here somewhere. I'll walk, it's okay, I need the exercise after so much garlic bread." Tiffany replied, winking. 

"If you're sure then I guess we'll be going..." Xiumin trailed off. 

"Yeah, I'm sure, thanks for everything, I had fun." 

"No problem, see you soon." Suho said, smiling, as he entered a cab. 

Tiffany watched as everyone disappeared and the street grew silent and empty. As she shuffled down the street, playing a solo game of Scramble, Tiffany felt a tiny tinge of loneliness. Every street looked the same in the dark. Maybe she should have taken up the offer to take a cab, but it was too late now. There didn't seem to be a single person around.

But thank goodness for her phone. 

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

Ahh, I'm so sorry for being so abandonfulllll....You guys can slap me now. ;n; But here's an update. A much awaited update. <3

Alsoooooooo, the poll is closed. And I think that's all. Yeah. Love you guyyyys.