Chapter 3

Relationship Status: It's Complicated (HIATUS)

Tiffany entered the kitchen, her stomach grumbling loudly, as she prepared breakfast. Without warning, the doorman appeared in front of the counter. She just waved and wished him a good morning as she continued to butter her toast.

"Miss, the men are here. Would you like for me to take you to them?" he asked curtly, bowing politely. Feeling slightly embarrassed, Tiffany bowed back before nodding.

"Please, there is no need for you to bow to me! I have told you this multiple times already," Tiffany reassured him, chuckling nervously while they walked out of the dining room. But he didn't reply and just showed her to the room, which she thought was a little odd.

As she stepped into the room,  a horrible stench filled her nose. Tiffany coughed at the strange smell. It was like a mixture of alcohol, tobacco, and musty cologne. When she finally caught her breath, she looked up and she saw a group of men who looked to be in their forties. One was smoking a cigar, taking large, leisurely puffs, while another picked his nose. Where these the so-called "eligible men" that her father had mentioned?

Suddenly, the man with the cigar looked around the room and noticed Tiffany standing in front of the doorway. He flicked his cigar onto the ground and crushed it under his heel. She flinched and momentarily wondered if she could still back out of her deal with her father.

"What do we have here?" he smirked. Tiffany gulped and took a step back against the wall. "Well, well. If it isn't Miss Tiffany." All at once, almost as if they had practiced it, the others turned and started towards her.

"Stop! What are you doing?! This is my home!" Tiffany screamed. She tried to open the door, but to her horror, it was locked. From the outside. Panicking, she banged on the door, hoping someone, anyone would come save her from her impending doom. The men were getting closer, and she was trapped. Tiffany was close to tears as she was surrounded. One of them reached out and touched her arm.

"Someone! Help me!! Stop!" she cried, trying to yank herself from his grasp.

This is what your mother would have wanted...what...your mother...wanted...

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

"Miss...Miss! Get up! You are going to be late!" The maid shook Tiffany’s arm frantically, trying to wake her up.

"No! Stop touching me! Get away from me, you jerk!" Tiffany shrieked, batting wildly at the air. The maid looked at her with a confused expression as she let go of her arm.

“Uh..Miss Tiffany...Are you alright?” she asked quietly, wondering if she was going to be calling the number of the mental asylum. When Tiffany heard her voice, her eyes shot open immediately and her face reddened in realization of what had just happened.

“Oh shoot! Sorry about that. I just had a bad dream, that’s it.” Tiffany promised, smiling meekly at the other girl. The maid just looked at her in doubt and gestured towards the huge, pink wall clock on the wall. Tiffany’s jaw dropped and she nearly fell out of bed. She had fifteen minutes to get ready before she left for the airport to meet up with Jessica and the men her father had selected. And then she fell out of bed.

~~~~  (´▽`)~~~~

"Ugh. She's late. I hate people who are late." Sehun commented, fixing his hair for the third time in five minutes.

"Who knows what she's like." Kai cautioned, shaking his head in distaste. "For all we know, she could be a midget with warts all over her face and chunky thighs." The others nodded seriously in agreement.

"Why else would her father pay five million won to marry her off?" Kris added. The room soon erupted into conversation about all the deformities that this "Tiffany Hwang" could be expected to have. 

“Well now what do we do? I didn’t think about any of this before signing that contract.” Tao whined with unease, tugging on Xiumin’s sleeve. Xiumin slapped his hand away impatiently.

“Hey! This is new. And besides, there is nothing we can do now. We will just have to wait.” Xiumin replied, re-adjusting his suit jacket.

Suddenly, the door opened, and each and every one of their theories was disproved when a girl frantically barged into the room, a pair of high heels in hand. Even from far away, it could be seen that she was definitely not anything like what they had previously imagined.

Her dark hair had been pinned into a simple updo that complimented her light makeup. Her pale skin was flawless and her eyes sparkled like tiny stars that had been plucked from their place in the night sky. The shift dress that she was wearing showed off her perfect figure. Every eye in the room was one her and the sound of jaws dropping could almost be heard from inside the room.

“Uhhhhh...” they stammered, speechless.

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

 

Tiffany cringed at the stares that were all directed towards her. Was her hair too messy? Was her dress too long for the season? Was her makeup too heavy? She self-consciously played with the sleeve of her dress, secretly looking at the twelve handsome men standing in front of her from underneath her bangs.

The silence stretched.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang. It's nice to meet you.”

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

Hiiiiiiiiii. So. I've got a new chapter for you. I think I'm going to wait a little bit before closing the "poll" so I have some more opinions to work with :) Sorry about how short this is. And how weird this is. ♥ Love you guysssss