Chapter 1

Relationship Status: It's Complicated (HIATUS)

Tiffany stumbled along the cobblestone sidewalk, trying not to fall over, as Jessica dragged her into yet another store. Her friend's power-shopping sprees were anything except enjoyable. She sighed and attempted to catch up as Jessica headed towards the shoe section. 

"In thirty minutes, we'll be leaving this store and going to Coach. We'll leave after another thirty minutes," Jessica declared, pausing to look at the boots that Tiffany was holding, "And then we'll go to Gucci. After twenty minutes there, we'll head to Versace and-"

"It's just a six-week vacation, Jess," Tiffany interrupted, "Are you sure we're going to need all this?" Jessica huffed and looked at her as if she was joking.

"Yeah. It's six weeks. And plus, Louis Vuitton is having a sale, Prada just opened up a new store here, Burberry came out with a new line of sunglasses, and I need a new swimsuit." Jessica replied matter-of-factly. Tiffany raised her eyebrows under her thick bangs.

"What happened to last year's swimsuits?" Tiffany asked.

"Those are last year's. You can't seriously expect me to wear those." Jessica answered without looking up, brushing it off like an invisible speck of dust. Tiffany bit back a laugh, but she wasn't really surprised. She had known Jessica for 8 years after all. 

"Hey, Tiff, do you think these sandals would go with my blue A-line skirt?" Jessica wondered, holding up a pair of gold-rimmed wedges. Tiffany looked up from the pumps she was inspecting and nodded absentmindedly. Suddenly, Jessica looked at her watch and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Aish!! Tiff, we have to go, we have two minutes left!" Jessica blurted so loudly she was almost shouting. She pulled Tiffany towards the cashier. Tiffany grabbed the pumps that she had been eyeing. 

As she slid her credit card across the counter, Tiffany watched out of the corner of her eye as Jessica whipped out her phone to check on their schedule. She chuckled quietly to herself and wondered how she and Jessica had ever become friends. 

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

"Look at her, not so great now, is she?" a voice sneered.

"Oh no, are your designer jeans dirty?" someone else asked sarcastically, kicking dirt in her direction.

Tiffany brushed the dirt off her palms and tried to act like she didn't care. She held back her tears as the others threw stones at her. Her scraped knee started stinging and she knew that she should give in and just go see the nurse, but she didn't want them to have the satisfaction of winning.

"It's okay, It's okay," she chanted quietly to herself, hoping that the other students would leave soon.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" a voice shouted. Tiffany looked up and saw a girl in her class who she had never seen talk. She didn't think she had ever been so happy to see someone in her entire life. The girl held out her hand and helped Tiffany to her feet.

"Hi! My name's Jessica. But you can call me Jess or Sica. Or just Jessica." she smiled angelicly. Tiffany grinned.

"I'm Tiffany."

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

Five pairs of sandals, three sundresses, two sunglasses, four pairs of jeans, two t-shirts, three blouses, nine pairs of shorts, four swimsuits, and six skirts later, Tiffany was at the end of her rope. She stretched her aching back as Jessica made her way back to their table with two drinks in hand. 

"I got a pink lemonade for you and my usual caramel frappe," Jessica winked, handing Tiffany her lemonade. Tiffany took a sip appreciatively. "So when are we going to finish our shopping?" Jessica continued. Tiffany almost choked on her drink and looked at Jessica incredulously. 

"Uh, I think I bought enough, Jess. I'm tired and I don't think I can take any more of this." Tiffany answered. Jessica frowned and Tiffany braced herself for the volcano that was about to erupt. Luckily, before Jessica could open , Tiffany's phone beeped from her coat pocket. She checked her phone. It was a text message.

From: Daddy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Tiffany-ah. I have to talk to you. Come home soon. Love you.

"My dad messaged me. I have to get home. Bye!" Tiffany said, before quickly grabbing her things and escaping. Jessica noticed that she had forgotten her lemonade, but Tiffany was already long gone. She sighed and continued drinking her coffee, thinking that she would get Tiffany back for ditching her. 

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

Hey guuuuuuuys. This is probably not all that good. But it should get better. Just keep reading, kay? Well. Not if you don't want to, ♥ Love youuu.