Chapter 4

Relationship Status: It's Complicated (HIATUS)

Tiffany waited, hoping that they would get the hint and introduce themselves too. But no one had seemed to catch her point. She sighed inwardly, asking herself how rich and successful people could be so dense sometimes.

“Uh, why don’t we leave for the airport? We can uh, introduce ourselves on the way.” someone suggested quietly. Surprised that someone had understood, Tiffany turned to find the speaker, a shy looking boy. She looked at him gratefully and smiled. He just blushed furiously.

“Um. Yes, what a great idea,” Tiffany agreed, shooing everyone out of the door. She checked her watch and groaned. She told Jessica she would be at the gate at 7:30. It was already 7:45, and she hadn’t even left the house. She was so dead.

~~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later, the thirteen of them had finally managed to cram all of their suitcases into the trunk of the limousine and get inside.

“So...you already know my name. Why don’t you tell me all of yours?” Tiffany began, smiling. Everyone looked around expectantly at each other, hoping someone else would start.

Finally, the tall guy sitting next to Tiffany took the plunge.

“I’m Wu Yifan, but everybody calls me Kris.” He nudged the person next to him who was intently playing on his phone.

“What? I just got to level 34!” he snapped, and then noticed that everyone was staring at him. “Oh...I am Tao. I like uh walking on the beach.”

“My name is Xiumin. People call me ‘steamed bun’ because of my chubby cheeks.”

“I am Byun Baekhyun,” another guy said, smiling cheekily.

“Hello, I’m Chanyeol, and I am the tallest!”

“What! No, I am the tallest.” Kris argued, giving him the evil eye.

“Who said so? I am the tallest.” Chanyeol replied snarkily.

“No way!”

“Way.”

“Hey! Stop it!” someone else interefered, glowering. “I am Lay.” he added, bowing. Tiffany marveled at the fact that he could bow 90 degrees while wearing a seatbelt.

“And I am Kai.” piped a guy sitting behind Tiffany, flipping his hair charismatically and flashing a blinding smile.

“I am called Suho.”

“He’s also the richest,” the boy sitting on the other side of Tiffany teased, winking at her. “By the way, I’m Sehun.”

“Sehun!” Suho growled, glowering at him, but Sehun just laughed.

“My name’s Luhan.” continued a boy with big eyes and long eyelashes. Tiffany thought that this made him look a lot like a girl.

“I’m Chen.”

“And my name is Kyungsoo. Or D.O.” finished the boy who had made the suggestion earlier. Tiffany smiled at everyone and tried to remember all of their names.

“Pleased to meet everyone,” Tiffany exclaimed enthusiastically.

“Miss Tiffany! We have arrived at the airport!” the driver yelled from the trunk where he was struggling with everyone’s luggage.

~~~~ (^▽^) ~~~~

Jessica checked her phone, disappointed that it had only been five minutes since she had last looked at the time. Five minutes that had seemed like an eternity.

Tiffany had promised to arrive at 7:30, but she was already half an hour late and no where to be seen. She was so dead.

Jessica stared intensely at her cuticles, scrutinizing her manicure for any chipping and cracking.  

“Uh, Jess?” a voice suddenly jerked Jessica back to reality. It was Tiffany. Jessica winced, thinking about how stupid she must have looked, but she acted like nothing had happened.

“Tiffany! Do you know how long I have been waiting?” Jessica grumbled, narrowing her eyes. Tiffany was about to get it.

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

Tiffany nodded towards the guys behind her, trying to point it out to Jessica, who was fuming so hard that Tiffany swore that she could see smoke leaking out of her ears. She knew that saying that she overslept wasn't going to cut it. She jerked her them behind her subtly. Too subtly. Jessica didn’t seem to notice and proceeded to begin lecturing Tiffany.

“Hwang Miyoung! What were you busy with the past forty-five minutes that were more important than your best friend and your flight to Paris?! Hm?” Without waiting for Tiffany to answer, she rambled on. “I was sitting here waiting with nothing to do except look at my nails and stare at the time hoping you’d arrive! I was bored out of my mind-” Suddenly, Jessica seemed to see the crowd of guys standing awkwardly with Tiffany. “Oh. That’s what you were doing.” she finally responded weakly.

“Your korean name is Miyoung? That’s hilarious!” Kai chortled in between laughs. Tiffany just pressed her lips together and dragged Jessica towards the security checkpoint. The boys couldn’t do anything but follow her.

"Um...what's up with them?" Jessica nodded towards the group of guys following them.

"I'll explain later." Tiffany replied, checking to see if they had heard. 

“Where’s your luggage?” Jessica asked.

“I decided to fly it separately.” Tiffany replied, handing her ticket to the airport staff before boarding the jet bridge. Jessica mentally smacked herself for not thinking of that.

But when they finally found their seats, there was already a person sitting in Tiffany’s seat. Tiffany frowned and double checked her seat number. For a brief moment, she wondered if she had gotten onto the wrong plane.

“Uh, excuse me, ma’am, you’re blocking the aisle.” a stewardess informed her politely.

“Oh! I’m sorry, but is this the flight to Paris?” she asked, trying to get out of the other passengers’ way.

“Um, yes.” the stewardess replied impatiently, looking pointedly at her.

“The seat number printed on my ticket is wrong.” the stewardess watched her closely, trying to make sure this wasn’t just some joke to waste her time. But after looking at the ticket, she told Tiffany that her seat was, in fact already taken. Suddenly, the plane’s speaker and a voice informed her that “all passengers were advised to find their seats and secure their seat belts.” Tiffany panicked and thought about how un-fun it would be if she was stuck in Seoul while everyone went to France.

But after sorting things out, the plane’s captain apologized and told her that the airport had made a mistake on her ticket and that her seat had been relocated.

Relieved, Tiffany plopped down onto her new seat. The person sitting next to her looked up. It was him, what’s-his-face, the tall one. Tiffany tried to remember his name.

“Oh. Lay!” she finally blurted, hoping she had guessed correctly. He looked at her amusedly. After a second, she realized what he was doing. Coloring. To be precise, coloring a My Little Pony coloring book. Tiffany almost fell out of her seat laughing.

“What?” he asked seriously. Tiffany just laughed harder and pointed to the coloring book in his hand.

“You still color coloring books?” she taunted, out of breath. He just shrugged and offered her some crayons.

There was nothing else she could do anyways, so Tiffany took a crayon and started coloring.

“Hey! Rainbowdash is blue! Not pink.” Lay protested, furrowing his eyebrows.

~~~~ ( ・ω・) ~~~~

After 3 more hours of coloring, 6 hours of sleep, and 2 hours of phone games, the speakers .

“Please fasten your seat belts. We are getting ready to land. We are now in Paris.”