Chapter 2

Blue Skies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Ho sat down on his bed and stayed quiet.

Emily stayed silence a bit longer till she took a breath and spoke. “I didn’t want to tell you,” she started to say. “When I found out I was in shock myself. I went to get treatment and some of it worked but then it just stopped in general. The doctors tried other treatment but all my body would do is reject it. My parent took me out of school and I started to be home-schooled. Soon it got worse; I have been in the hospital since. Things got chaotic and I didn’t want you to know. I didn’t want you to see me at my worse. All I did was cry and be a baby.” Emily laughed at herself. “Don’t worry; I am over that baby stuff now. I just didn’t want to make it worse for you.”

Su Ho was still hanging on the other line. He had tears swell up in his eyes. They started to fall slowly when he closed them.

“Come over tomorrow and we can talk more. If you don’t want to its ok I understand. It was just really good to hear from you Joon Myun.” Emily hung up the phone and went to sleep.

Su Ho pulled his cell away from his ear and put his head down to cry for a while. ‘She is sick!’ he thought. He moved his head up and looked at a photo of them that was sitting on his desk. It was taken when they were in sixth grade. Last day of school, they would go to the tree house and stay up for hours and talk about how the memories they had during the year.  Next to that picture was one of ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter