One

Stupid Cupid (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin: Apple of the eye.

The white walls are far more interesting than today’s discussion about History. It’s not that the subject is boring – he’s just always bored when he’s confined in a classroom. Much to his further dismay, Sehun shifted nearer him. The obnoxious nagging started four days ago. On a dreaded Monday, Sehun met this damsel not in distress and since then, his mouth sprouted nothing but stories about the girl. It was nothing new; the funny thing about Sehun is that he constantly swaps his apple of the eye.

Sehun always asks him to do peculiar things concerning his pretty girls and how to make them fall for Sehun, too. Jongin, in short, is Sehun’s vassal and cupid boy. Of course, it’s not like Jongin will ever have a say on this. If it would mean that Sehun will shut up for a week, he did not mind much because the only duties he had to do so far were to stealthily place cheesy love letters in the target’s locker or coax the officer in the student’s affairs to give him the prey’s schedule so Sehun would be able to know when and where to attack.

This time is different though, Sehun’s request was a little over the top. It annoys Jongin to no end because he knows how this little debate of them will end.

“Sehun, I’m not going to give anyone flowers.” Jongin grunted in an exasperated whisper in an effort to stay quiet not to be called in front for an embarrassing sermon from their aged professor. Sehun just asked him to give some girl named Son Naeun – ‘The Cutest and Kindest Woman on Earth’ as his not-so-bestfriend bestfriend had been saying repeatedly for days. Jongin had nothing else to do but to roll his eyes.

It was something about how that Naeun lent Sehun a pen at the most crucial day of Sehun’s life – meaning when Sehun signed up for the basketball training camp that made Sehun fall for the girl. Jongin doesn’t understand what is so critical about that day because Sehun can sign up any day and even online. What he understands, is that Sehun being Sehun finds the ways of falling in ‘love’. Normally, he won’t care a bit but when Sehun’s badgering him nonstop for the whole day, Jongin’s left with only two choices: (a) Jump off a cliff or (b) agree. Well, he doesn’t want to die just yet.

He was lucky enough that Sehun shut his mouth for as long as after their gaudy old professor dismissed them but he should have known that Sehun was just coming up with a sure idea to wheedle him into executing – Plan: Make Naeun fall in love.

“Then I’ll stop being your friend.” Sehun threatened Jongin although they both know by now that, that won’t happen anytime soon. Jongin chuckled in response because Sehun does know how to be hilarious. He saw how Sehun’s eyes narrowed at him and he really had nothing else left to do but sigh. When he sighs, he knows what’s coming up next.

“Fine. Go buy some crimson or black colored roses, I don’t really care.” Truthfully, Jongin just wanted to get this over with and Sehun didn’t need to be told twice.

Following Naeun’s schedule which Jongin stole from the student affairs officer, Naeun still has two more classes before dismissal. That, will be enough time for Sehun to fetch himself nice flowers that Jongin will give to Naeun after classes in the name of Oh Sehun, of course. While waiting for Sehun to comeback, Jongin went to his usual hangout place: the school’s rooftop. Somewhere at the back of his mind, Jongin hoped to see the cute girl again. Preferably, not asleep so maybe he could strike up some conversation. He’s not very friendly or at least, not as much as he used to be but you could never go wrong with a girl who reads classic books.

Jongin will never admit the slight disappointment he felt when he found the hallway empty.

Why he likes the rooftop? So many reasons but mostly, it’s because no one ever comes up there. He had a lot of moments where he wondered why the students didn’t come there but he was thankful too because he just got his own place where no one bothers him. He lied down on the concrete floor and covered his face with his notebook deciding to take a nap before Sehun comes and ruin his peaceful life again.

His sleep was dreamless.

When he woke up, Sehun was already in the rooftop too holding a bouquet of red roses in his hands. He was obviously fidgeting because of nervousness which Jongin doesn’t get since it’s him who’s going to give the goddamn flowers to a stranger named Naeun. Plus, it’s not like Sehun’s really in ‘love’. Jongin guesses that something is screwed up in Sehun’s head which makes him believe himself.

“Calm down, your anxiousness will kill me as well.” Jongin said with his sleepy voice as he sat up.

The scrawny male shot Jongin an appalled look, “This is Son Naeun we’re talking about!”

Jongin rolled his eyes and simply answered, “You’ve known her for four days.”

Whatever Sehun said in retaliation of Jongin’s statement was blocked out by Jongin because really, he didn’t want to listen to more nonsensical reasons. He stood up then and brushed dirt off his school pants. Sehun’s case this time is severe. Actually, Sehun’s been endlessly claiming that it’s not only a crush because he’s been feeling a little more than that. As usual, Jongin doesn’t really care as long as he’s out the whole wooing process but Sehun is too good of a friend to opt him out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter