Three

Stupid Cupid (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Listening is tiring especially when Sehun talks nonstop. Informing Jongin of what happened yesterday could have been as fast as five minutes but when Sehun makes sure that even the way the wind blew yesterday is mentioned, it can take as long as the whole day. They are on their way to their last subject and it’s the longest, too. It takes three hours because it’s their special class. For their special class, Sehun and Jongin both signed up for basketball training in hopes that they can enter varsity in college and get a scholarship through that.

Their trainer, Mr. Yunho is strict but he sure knows what he is doing.

Sehun and Jongin are sitting beside each other and Sehun continues on blabbing about his and Naeun’s lovely time yesterday. Jongin wants to shut him off but he doesn’t do that in the name of their friendship.

He, however, is thankful when Mr. Yunho glares at Sehun for being loud and for not listening to his evaluation of their previous performance for their last week’s speed and agility conditioning. Sehun pretends to listen for a few minutes but engages back to his tittle-tattle quickly after Mr. Yunho turns his back on them. Jongin doesn’t say much. He nods at the right moments and chuckles at the parts where Sehun chuckles, too.

It takes Sehun the whole day to finally realize that Jongin isn’t really listening to him. Instead he is just humoring him while spacing out. It doesn’t sound possible but it’s happening. He rolls his eyes and opts to just watch the guys train in ball dribbling. Sehun and Jongin don’t have problems with that but even so, they still need to attend every session. Sometimes, Mr. Yunho will ask them to show their prowess but apparently, today’s not that day.

The ball dribbles in a constant and repetitive rhythm and Sehun listens.

“Sehun, I…” Naeun shyly looks down with her cheeks tinted red, glowing against the soft breeze. “I like you so much.” She continues and Sehun just stands there with his mouth slightly agape. It isn’t expected because last time they spoke, it seems like Naeun isn’t really attracted to him as much as he is to her but here they are, with Naeun confessing to her.

There will be no complaints from Sehun though. If anything, he is euphoric.

“I like you so much Sehun. Please say you like me back and please be my boyfriend.” It is a bold request but then again, Sehun is not complaining. In fact, that is what he wants in the first place: to be Naeun’s boyfriend and to date her exclusively.

Naeun holds his hands tightly and squeezes it mildly.

He must stop being tongue-tied and say something or else Naeun may change her mind, “Naeun… I – “ Whatever Sehun is about to say is cut when he feels a pair of soft lips pressing against his own. He also feels dizzy but it’s a good kind of dizzy. The kind of dizzy one gets when one’s elated. Sehun soon closes his eyes and he allows himself to be lost at the moment. It struck him that Naeun is kissing him. It makes his stomach twist just thinking about it. Naeun tilts her head to deepen the kiss and turn it into something more passionate.

After finally getting a snap of his head, Sehun snakes his arms around Naeun’s curvy waist. He kisses her back fervently with nothing but affection. It’s as if there are fireworks exploding in the background. It is an epic kiss. Sehun deepens the kiss, if that is possible, and enjoys the moment; not wanting to ever forget this moment. He notes that Naeun’s lips tastes so sweet and so velvety. As they kiss, Sehun also wonders if Naeun’s lips are bleeding. They’re so soft and fragile he can wound them just by being slightly rough.

Because of the need of oxygen, Sehun and Naeun pulls off the kiss. Naeun comes down from her tiptoes and rests her head against Sehun’s beating heart. Sehun relishes the moment before backing a little then he cups Naeun face to appreciate the girl’s beauty. Her eyes flutters open and her cheeks are cutely pink because of the obvious bashfulness. She wraps her arms around Sehun’s neck and looks at him lovingly.

“Sehun…”

Oh the angels probably sound like Naeun. “Say my name again.”He whispers, leaning in to Naeun.

“Sehun.”

Now, Sehun expected her voice to be soft and smooth like sweet honey glazing him but as Naeun calls his name continuously, it sounds more… more like a man…

“Sehun.”

Hearing his name again, he’s certain that the voice is his bestfriend’s voice.

“OhingSehun.”

Gosh, it sounds so much like Jongin’s.

Sehun’s eyes shot wide awake when Jongin kicks his shin and he let out a moderate yelp.

“Wake up dumbo. You really dare to sleep on Mr. Yunho’s development talk?” Jongin hisses because if Sehun gets in trouble he will hear no end of it. His rants are worse than his gossips. Sehun wipes the slobber on his chin using the back of his hand and hums, preparing himself to continue the nice dream he is having before Jongin ruined it. Sehun groans and leisurely attempts to go back to sleep.

“Hey! Oh Sehun!” Jongin screeches as he sends a clout on Sehun’s forehead with his curled fist. This time, Sehun shots his eyes wide open and takes a moment to glare at Jongin before he finally realizes that their professor is scowling at him, seething even.

“Mr. Oh, I see that my class bores you greatly. Can I take this act of yours as an assurance that you now understand all the dynamics of zone defense?”  Mr. Yunho speaks in an authoritative tone as if he demands respect and he’s obviously fuming that he is not getting much of it from his student. Sehun gives his professor a pleading look and all the while, Jongin looks at him like he’s enjoying the view. Sehun stutters out an apology but the professor will have nothing of those. There will be no excuses allowed and there will be consequences to every action.

Mr. Yunho stands in a commanding posture. There’s a reason why students respects him, it’s because he deserves it. “You will stay after class to clean the gym.”

He turns his back to Sehun then adds, “On your own. If anyone dares help, I’ll see to it you’ll get the work you want.” If there’s one thing everyone knows about Mr. Yunho, it’s the fact that his word is law. He is lenient and easy to speak with but once you get on his bad side, he’ll make sure you’ll regret it.

Sehun tries to apologize again and maybe, explain himself to the professor. The professor hears nothing of his explanations even after he dismisses the class. At their subject orientation a week before the school started, Mr. Yunho only gave two things to keep in mind. One is to attend his classes diligently and second is to never sleep on him. It’s disrespectful knowing that they signed into the special course on their own accord only to make it their nap time.

With a stern look, Mr. Yunho leaves the gym and Sehun is left with much to organize and clean. The basketball balls are scattered all over the gym, empty water bottles left on the benches and just seeing the huge gym floor he has to mop makes him want to kneel and beg his professor to let him off this once.

It’s almost a sad scene to watch for Jongin if it isn’t Sehun being punished. Well, he doesn’t want to say he told Sehun so but, he told Sehun so.

“I guess I’ll hear from you at home.” Jongin gives Sehun a mocking salute while a small glint of teasing grazes his lips. Sehun wants nothing but to rip his bestfriend’s annoying face because he isn’t helping at all but he can’t do that right now when he has a favor to ask of him.

It is going to be a tough persuading process but Sehun has to make his way around Jongin’s head if he doesn’t want Naeun to wait for him forever at the school gate. Jongin sees the way Sehun is looking at him and he immediately knows where the hell this conversation will head to if he doesn’t escape fast.

Without much thought, Jongin grabs his bag and tries to escape but Sehun’s agile and catches him in a blink of an eye. “Jongin, you have to help me.”

“Are you dumb? Mr. Yunho will not be pleased and I’d much rather not annoy him. I need his recommendation papers for college bro.” The tanned boy gives Sehun the cold shoulder but that isn’t what Sehun is asking help for. He wants to add that someone cannot sleep at Mr. Yunho’s class and get away with it easily, that’s just not how things are handled by the well-known professor.

“No! I mean, Naeun… She’s waiting at the school gates and I’m st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter