Two

Stupid Cupid (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun: Bestfriends.

Staring at her reflection through the mirror in the women’s comfort room, Naeun knows exactly why she feels like being ripped apart. She should be happy that she got beautiful flowers from Oh Sehun. It’s not like she doesn’t know Sehun, of course she does. Actually, more than three fourths of the whole high school population knows Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin. Sehun’s the infamous lover boy and Kim Jongin’s the cold but handsome guy and the both of them are best of friends. She knows how famous he is and to receive flowers from him will always be a good thing but why is it that she doesn’t look happy? She doesn’t even feel like it. Why is she even asking that unnecessary question to herself? Of course, she knows the reason why and why not.

After contemplating for far too long, Naeun finally decides it's not good to make someone wait so she finally went to meet the Oh Sehun.

Naeun allows herself to catch her breath first before she steps on the stairs up to the school rooftop. There’s only really one rooftop where students can sneak in to because all the others are heavily guarded. It’s dangerous to hangout in places like those anyway especially with much consideration of how high school students generally act. Reckless. That’s the word.

Reckless. That’s what he told her once.

She cautiously opened the metal entrance to where Oh Sehun is. She sees Sehun standing there. His posture and everything else looks so dramatic. His hands are clasped together behind him; his back faced the entry, the wind blowing his locks smoothly giving a cinematic aura.

It seems like he’s unaware of Naeun’s arrival so Naeun took it upon herself to make her presence known, “Oh Sehun? Uh… Kim Jongin, told me you’ll be waiting here and that you wanted to see me?” She fumbles with the flowers on her hands as Sehun turned to look at her with intense eyes. Sehun’s stare makes her feel antsy but not in the same way with how Jongin’s stare made her tense up earlier.

Sehun broadly grins. At least the gladness projected in his face seems so genuine, “Sehun. Just Sehun. And yeah, I mean- I wanted to – “ There was  a long pause and Sehun seemed really nervous which in turn allowed Naeun to feel a little bit at ease because she’s not alone at that zone.

The boy brought his curled fist up to his mouth and cleared his throat, “Well, I wanted to ask if you want to go out with me?” Naeun expected the question to come but her face still shows nothing but surprise. She’s had her fair share of suitors but she never really entertained anyone. But with Sehun’s case, there are a lot of things to be considered.

Jongin’s voice rang in her head once again, “Please help me get rid of his nagging and just meet him. I’d appreciate it.”

Naeun closes her eyes for a jiffy just to detach herself from the world to think through what’s happening just for a quick moment. Two things. There are two things bordering her mind, one is the heartache she’ll have to endure waiting for someone who will probably never even bat an eye in her direction and two, the heartache she will inflict on Sehun if she’s to hold on to things who will never even happen in the first place. If there’s anyone who knows the pain of always just watching in the sidelines and never having the person you like to yourself, it’s Naeun.

Maybe, it’s time for her to move on. She’s been wasting a whole year on her unwarranted affection for someone who showed her kindness once and doesn’t even seem like he remembers it. She thinks that she should finally just listen to her bestfriend Bomi and let herself experience how sweet a girl’s high school love life can be. Reality speaking, that cannot happen unless she starts by letting of emotions she should not have garnered in the beginning. Agonizing over a love not known must end now.

She reopens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter