A New Friend

The Bad Fairytale

"Go to school with me from now on." Although Oh Sehun's voice was cold as always, there was a noticeable awkwardness in it. 

"Huh? but I still need to walk to school with Baekhyun..." Zhang Yi Xing carefully responded. 

"Then... the three of us will go together."

"Um okay." Zhang Yi Xing kept his head down and looked at the egg that he was currently holding onto, still in shock of Oh Sehun's sudden attitude change.. [Maybe... maybe... the sweater that I gave him the other night made him accept me more..?...]

Up until the moment Zhang Yi Xing went to bed, his mind was still full of the scene when Oh Sehun was gently helping him with his swollen cheek...

In another room, Lu Han was gripping onto a picture that had two boys... one carefully placing an egg on the other's cheek and one with his head slightly looking down with a shade of pink covering his face..

"Hmph... so this is the type you like, huh." Lu Han said with a low voice and ripped the picture into pieces. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Zhang Yi Xing finished his breakfast, he waited at the gates. The sky was gray and the streets were surrounded with a fine layer of rain, making the it look mysterious and dreamy. 

A short while later, Baekhyun came out with an umbrella, "Why are you so early today~?" Baekhyun asked with a surprised tone. 

"You make it sound like I'm always late," Zhang Yi Xing said with pouted lips. 

"Wait..," Baekhyun suddenly became serious as he reached his hand to raise Zhang Yi Xing's face for a better perspective," What happened to your face?" 

"Huh? Oh.. Maybe I fell off the bed last night... hehe ..." Zhang Yi Xing replied awkwardly. Baekhyun didn't reply but continued to look at his swollen cheek, making Yi Xing blush from his intense staring.

Baekhyun let out a small sigh and looked away to open the umbrella in his hand. "Okay. let's go." 

"Wait..." Yi Xing pulled back Baekhyun's arm. "There's one more person..." 

"Huh? Who?"

"Oh.. Oh Sehun," Yi Xing replied slowly. 

"What!?" Baekhyun widened his eyes and asked loudly. "You two..." Before he could finish his question, a loud beep was heard.

Zhang Yi Xing turned around and the person sitting in the backseat rolled down his window. "Come in," and that was all Oh Sehun said before turning his head back to face the front.

"Baekhyun.." Yi Xing took a quick glimpse at his reaction and lightly pulled Baekhyun's fingers to get his attention, "if you don't want to... we can go to school on our own." 

"Let's go, I'll sit in the front." Baekhyun replied as he pinched Yi Xing's cheek and chuckled at his worried face. 

The mood inside the car was similar to that of the weather- a bit dark and gloomy. Suddenly Yi Xing felt a hand on his cheek and noticed Oh Sehun looking intensely at his wound. "Seems like it's gotten much better."

"Um.. Yeah. I'm fine." Yi Xing replied awkwardly, not forgetting to take a look at Baekhyun's reaction. [I should've told Baekhyun the truth about my face...]

Right when the car stopped, Yi Xing open the door and dashed to Baekhyun, " Baekhyun, don't be mad, I didn't tell you the truth because I didn't want you to worry," Yi Xing said as he swayed Baekhyun's arm, like a young child who feared punishment. "I got hurt when I was trying to save someone who was being bullied. It really hurts~" 

Baekhyun knew Yi Xing was putting on his innocent act on purpose, but it still worked well, and he was no longer able to hold his emotionless face at Yi Xing. "Who did it? Where else are you hurt at?" Baekhyun said as he turned around to take a better look at Yi Xing's cheek. 

"That's it. That's it." Proud that Baekhyun was no longer mad, Yi Xing quickly replied with a giggle. 

"Go to class now," the tone of the incoming voice was cold and icy. Before Yi Xing could react, his hand was already held by Oh Sehun as he dragged him to their classroom. Following behind Oh Sehun, Yi Xing was able to feel the anger coming from him. [Wasn't he okay just now... Why is he mad all of a sudden... What's wrong with him!]

Baekhyun stood in his original spot as he watched Yi Xing being pulled away by Oh Sehun. [The extra attention that Oh Sehun gives Yi Xing is so noticeable that any passerby would be able to see it...but the thing is... it might not be as good to Yi Xing as it seems...] 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang Yi Xing had his head down as he focus on a difficult math problem and sighed [What should I do.. My grades were never really good to begin with, and now, transferring to Morning High is making it even harder for me...] While still thinking about his math problem, a commotion in the class caught his attention. Oh Sehun was standing in front of the boy seated beside him . "Get up," Oh Sehun told the clueless boy with his usual, unfriendly tone. The boy was worried that he might've done something wrong that angried Oh Sehun, so he stood up cautiously. "I meant pack up your stuff and get up," Oh Sehun continued. The class was now dead silent as everyone focused their attention on the two.

"Do... do you want to sit here?" the boy asked carefully. 

"Mhm..." although Oh Sehun didn't say anything more as a reply, his impatient expression helped him revealed how annoyed he was. 

Yi Xing watched as the boy quickly packed up his stuff to give up his seat for "The Oh Sehun." After Oh Sehun took his seat, Yi Xing looked at him and asked, "Did you tell the teacher already?" 

"Tell him what?" 

"You have to give the teacher a notice first before you change seats." 

"No I don't." 

"..." Yi Xing was speechless. [That's true.. the boy's scared reaction already shows how high Oh Sehun's status in this school is.]  "Aye," Yi Xing leaned in to close in the gap and said with a lowered voice, "Are you giving me more acceptance because I gave you my sweater last time?" 

"Who said I'm accepting you more..." Oh Sehun looked at him doubtingly.

"Then why did you come to school with me, and now, sit next to me." Yi Xing snapped back with slightly pouted lips.

"I just find your clumsiness and slowness quite interesting." Yi Xing really disliked Oh Sehun's response. [The first time Lu Han saw me, he said I was interesting too...]

"I'm not interesting at all," Yi Xing kept his head down as he tried to solve his math problem, but was distracted when Oh Sehun took out his own pen and took away the worksheet with the problem that Yi Xing was stuck on. Oh Sehun began to write the steps out to finding the solution of the math problem. 

"You can't even solve this type of question? I told you you were slow." 

"Hmph," Yi Xing replied weakly. He wasn't able to think of anything more to reply because Oh Sehun' side view- a serious expression, the unpaced moving of his long eyelashes, and the extra coat of warm sunlight that surrounded him- made him look mesmerizing...

Yi Xing then realized how long he had been staring at Oh Sehun for, and turned around embarrassingly. A short while later, Oh Sehun pushed the worksheet back. Yi Xing looked down at the detailed explanation and an inexplicable feeling filled his mind.

 

“It’s so hard to bare with you.” Oh Sehun said as he smiled at Yi Xing’s touched expression. When Yi Xing heard what Oh Sehun said, he raised his head and was about to tell him that he was the one that’s harder to bare with; but Oh Sehun’s smile stopped him. It was his first time seeing Oh Sehun smile, and it was a smile that he could remember for a lifelong.

 

“You should smile more often,” Yi Xing stared at Oh Sehun and commented; unconsciously adding, “looks really nice.”

Oh Sehun’s smile stiffened when he heard Yi Xing’s praise, and clearly his throat awkwardly, “If you have a question that you don’t understand, I’ll give you the special permission to ask me.”

 

Yi Xing nodded with a smile and jokingly remarked, “Wow, then thank you Master Sehun.”

“Don’t call me ‘Master’ anymore. Call me Sehun.” He didn’t like the title.


Sehun… Yi Xing gave him a judging look… but deep down, he felt really happy, [Seems like I just gained a new friend…]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or typos.

Next update will be before the weekend, 11/29/14. Please continue to support "The Bad Fairytale" and Lulay/Layhan! THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING ^-^