new life. new people.

The Bad Fairytale

[FOREWORD]

"You... look really nice," Zhang Yi Xing said unmindfully... then suddenly lost his train of thoughts. 
"I..." [Am I being bothersome to him? Am I making him mad?] 
"Sorry, I just wanted to ask for directions to the side entrance." 
Looking at the blushing and apologetic Zhang Yi Xing, the young man slightly moved his lips, yet before any sound of his could be heard, a screeching woman's voice appeared. 

"I've been waiting for you for a long time, why are you here?! You're not allowed to randomly walk around in this property!" Zhang Xiao Qian swiftly pulled Zhang Yi Xing behind her. The moment her eyes met with those of the young man, she felt a loss of strength. 
"Ma...Master Sehun, I am very sorry to have caused you trouble, I... I will take him away immediately." 

Before Zhang Yi Xing could react, he was already being dragged away by his aunt. Turning around to look at the person, he became curious [Master Sehun? He's the master of this mansion? No wonder why he seems so sophisticated... But... through those beautiful eyes of his... why is there such a strong sense of loneliness and despair?]

Oh Sehun coldly watched the leaving person. After Zhang Yi Xing's innocent face disappeared from his view, he turned around to continue his previous activity. Suddenly, he squinted and aimed a pebble into the water, before long, a colorful fish had floated to the surface, but its liveliness was gone, and was now dead...

"Yi Xing-ah, I promised your mom to take care of you in the city, but as you can see, I am only a maid in the Lu family, so you need to behave.  Don't create any problems, okay?" Zhang Xiao Qian saied as she tidied up Yi Xing's room. 
"Don't worry auntie, Yi Xing will be good and won't cause you any toubles."
Zhang Yi Xing politely responded as his whole mind drifted to the stranger from before. [Is he part of the Lu family too?...]

"Oh yeah, there is a boy around your age here, I will introduce you to him later."
"Okay, sure!" Suddenly pausing from folding his clothes, Zhang Yi Xing smiled at his aunt and said, "Auntie, I heard my school's tuition fees are really expensive, I don't need to be at such a costly school..." 
"Oh, don't worry about it, child. After hearing about your family's conditions, Lady Lu said she will pay for all the costs."
"...this doesn't seem appropriate though" Zhang Yi Xing said with his head down.
"just put this topic aside. Don't worry about the fees... You should be hungry by now, let's go" 

Zhang Yi Xing stared at the dishes before his eyes and became dumbfounded at how rich the Lu Family could possibly be [even the servant's meals are so fancy... no wonder why Auntie choses to serve as a maid here rather than to return to the countryside..." 


In the midst of enjoying the meal, Zhang Yi Xing felt a soft tap on his back. As he looked up, he met the eyes of a smiling boy.
"Hi~ you must be Yi Xing~ I am Byun Baekhyun. Call me Baekhyun." 
Zhang Yi Xing immediately placed his chopsticks down and stood up to greet the boy, 
"Hi Baekhyun. Yes, I am Yi Xing..." [he should be the boy that Auntie wanted to introduce me to] 
Baekhyun watched the nervous Yi Xing and giggled softly, "Don't be so nervous. just continue your meal, We're friends so you dont need to be so courteous.
Zhang Yi Xing blushed and nodded, he really likes Baekhyun's personality... it's as soothing as the spring breeze, make everyone around him feel at ease.
"Yi Xing seems to blush easily~" Baekhyun mentioned as he saw the cute reactions from Yi Xing. 
"mhm... I've been like this since I was little" Yi Xing replied honestly.
"Uh oh, your gentle personality will surely make people at school want to bully you." 
"Huh? Why?" Yi Xing was confused and suprised. Back in his old school, everyone was friendly and kind.
Baekhyun stared into Yi Xing's eyes [He's such an innocent boy, his heart seems to be so pure... comparable to winter's first snowflake..] 
"Calm down, it's fine, you have me." Baekhyun smiled to reassure him.
"Baekhyun, you go to the same school as me?" Yi Xing excitedly asked. 
"Yup, so no need to worry."
"Mhm." Yi Xing happily nodded, "Oh yeah. Baekhyun, do you know Master Lu Sehun?"
"Lu Sehun?" Baekhyun questioned. "It should be Oh Sehun." 
"Oh Sehun? but isn't he part of the Lu family?" 
"Yes, but..." Baekhyun quickly scanned to room to make sure no one was there. "Master Sehun was adopted into the family; however, his importance in the family is the same as those under the surname of Lu." 
"Oh..." Yi Xing murmured, "Then what happened to his own parents?"
Baekhyun took a short pause, "Do you really want to know?"
Noticing Baekhyun's serious tone, Yi Xing became a bit nervous . "Um...Is it something that we're not allowed to mention?"
"Well, not exactly. I guess it would be better for you to know ahead of time, just in case you bring up something you shouldn't in the future. 
When Master Sehun was 8, his father took a bullet for Sir Lu (Lu Han's dad) and died. His mother was very depressed and committed suicide in front of him. Sir Lu wanted to make up for Master Sehun's losses and started to treat him like his own son. In this mansion, whoever dared to look down on Master Sehun, should be prepared for the worst."
"Wait...You said his mother commited suicide... in front of him?! 
"Yup." Baekhyun nodded but quickly noticed Yi Xing's sympathy towards Sehun and added "Don't every feel sympathetic towards him!"
"Huh?"
"Master Sehun's has a really cold personality, actually... you can even say he's... violent and brutal..."
"Really?" Zhang Yi Xing asked with a shocked expression as he recalled the peaceful scene of the lonely person, beside the pond, with.. a depressed look...
Baekhyun shook his head at Yi Xing's doubting expression and jokingly pinched his cheeks, "Just stay away and don't mess with him, okay?"
Yi Xing nodded.
...

"then what is Master Lu like?"
Baekhyun's expression slightly changed, but quickly returned to normal, "Master Lu Han... just try to stay away from him too."
"Why?" 
Yi Xing's question left Baekhyun in a speechless state. [Should I just tell him Lu Han is a devil with an angelic appearance?... i guess, it's the best description I can give]


Since he was living off of the Lu family, Zhang Yi Xing decided it was more suitable if he had helped with house chores.
"Baekhyun, what kind of business does the Lu family do?" Yi Xing asked as he stared off into the large garden, meanwhile thinking of the cause in Oh Sehun's father's death... [What kind of business would cause gun shooting...?]
Right when Baekhyun was about to reply, he suddenly became nervous and frantically pulled Yi Xing into a bow as he quietly said "Greetings Master Lu" 
Baekhyun worriedly raised his head and met with a pair of mysterious eyes that made the short contact, simply nerve-racking.
"Hurry and giving Master Lu your greetings" Baekhyun softly whispered to Yi Xing.
"Greetings... Ma... Master Lu Han." Zhang Yi Xing's voice sounded as gently and soothing as that of a young child.
"Who's this," it was a voice that sounded clear and melodious, yet once it reached its audience's eardrums, it became rather emotionless.
"Master, he is Maid Zhang's nephew," Baekhyun politely responded.
"Name?"
"His name is..."
"I am asking him!" Baekhyun was left with a hanging sentence and a frightened look. 
"Why are you being so mean..." hearing the annoyed attitude coming from the man to Baekhyun, Yi Xing couldn't help but murmured. 
"What did you say..." the man slightly squinted his eyes to get a better focus, as he aggressively lifted Yi Xing's chin to make eye contact with him, causing so much pain that Yi Xing's eyes got watery uncontrollably.
"Lu Han!" Baekhyun reached out a hand in attempt to stop his actions.
"Why the panic? I haven't even done anything to him." Luhan turned to Baekhyun and gave him a mischievous smile...

"What is your name?" Lu Han looked directly into Zhang Yi Xing's eyes and asked again.
"Zhang Yi Xing..." being unused to someone touching his chin, Zhang Yi Xing then slapped Lu Han's hand off...
During that moment, everything around them seemed to have come to a halt...  
the sudden silence made the three men's unmatched breathing rhythms become clearly noticeable...