chapter 3 Yixing

Other World

"Hey, wake up." 

Yixing's eyes flutters as he felt someone shaked his body to wake him up. When Yixing finally opened his eyes, a boy abruptly asked him in a panic tone, "Are you okay? You were lying in the middle of the street. I have to dragged you here. What are you doing actually?" Junmyeon asked while helping the boy to sit down. Yixing answered the boy by staring with a confused stare before he remembered the accident. He started searching for something, looking around with a very panic and terified face. "Hana!" He started to called out a name. Junmyeon, who doesn't know how to react with the situation, started scratching the back of his head. His questions were still not answered by the boy. He don't even know the name of the boy.

Yixing suddenly stood up. "Hana! Where are you? Come here, girl."

"Who's Hana?" Junmyeon asked.

"Did you see a white cat anywhere around? She have a pink ribbon tied around her neck" Yixing explained.

"I think she ran through that bushes over there." Junmyeon answered.

A little while later, a white cat appeared in between those bushes beside them. The cat jumped out and ran towards her owner's arms. Yixing looked relieved. Well, a different kind of relieved actually, He thought the cat was gone. The cat was in a severe car accident that can cause the cat to die. It was a hit and run. The car owner didn't stop and ran through the cat. Yixing was trying to catch his cat from running away but it was to late. And at that short moment, he felt his body getting heavier and heavier causes him to slow down his movement, then everything stopped.

Actually, Junmyeon was in the scene but he just didn't notice the situation. He was sitting at the playground nearby the incident when he felt everything slows down and found a boy lying on the street. He tried to wake the boy up but end up dragging him to the side of the street before attempting to wake him up again.

Yixing was surprised, happy, and felt a little bizzare of what happening.'Was that a dream?' He asked himself. What about those weird things that he saw in those dream. 'Whatever, Hana is still alive right now.' he spoke to himself with a smile. 

"Umm, that's a cute cat you have there." Junmyeon tried to start a conversation again. "Hello, I'm Junmyeon, I live nearby and attend elementary school around here. First grader. What is your name?" Junmyeon asked with a friendly smile. An awkward friendly smile.

"I'm Yixing, my family just moved here yesterday. Nice to meet you." Yixing answered with a nice smile. "Thank you for helping me get out from the street. It must be a lot of work." 

"Nah, that's nothing, you're not that heavy. I've helped my mom to move a big bed from the entrance to the bedroom, it was heavier and my mom praised me for that, hahaha..." Junmyeon laughed out a mighty laugh before Yixing laughed as well. 

"Yixing right?" Yixing answered Junmyeon question with a nod. "How long has it been since you found the cat?" Junmyeon asked.

"My dad said Hana have been with our family since I was born. She have been my guardian after my mother's death." Yixing explained with an expressionless face. 

"I'm sorry." Junmyeon replied.

"At first, I am not so fond with Hana. I actually afraid of cat even now but it's different with Hana." Yixing continued with a smile.

"But then, well this is actually a secret and since you helped me, I'm going to tell you." Junmyeon anticipates the next word with an excited look. He loves secret and since this is his first one from someone else other than his parents, he anticipate it even more.

"What is it?" Junmyeon asked with excitement.

"Well, this cat have powers. You might not believe this but, when I was small and have a severe flu, this cat cured me." Yixing explained. Junmyeon started to give a disbelieving look. "I saw it, with my own eyes. My father said it was a dream and I was sick so I was seeing things but I saw her." Yixing tried to convinced Junmyeon. "I was 5 years old when I saw Hana changed into some kind of fairy. She was flying around pouring somekind of dust at my face before I felt sleepy and slept. Thatt evening, I felt better and played with my friends as if nothing happened. That's when I started to look after her with more care. I realized she cured me many times before and after that incident."

Junmyeon didn't know what to say. To say he believed in the story, he thinks its impossible but when he thought about it again, the afternoon incident still linger inside his mind. He just awkwardly smile at Yixing before he adverted his eyes to other direction. 

Hana was getting bored sitting on Yixing lap, jumped out and startled both children. The cat running around in circle before she stop to stare at the children. Yixing laughed and said " I think Hana asked us to play with her." "Well then, let's play!" Junmyeon answered.

As they play around the playground, Yixing's father stared at those children at the other side of the street with a shocking face. "It's happening." He said. He forced a smile when Yixing waved at him. "Time to go home, Yixing." He called out. The boy's father tried to hide his expression when Yixing started to run towards him.

"I see you have a new friend?"

"Yes, he helped me before, we promised to meet again next time." Yixing grabbed his father's hand.

"Someone is in a good mood. How about we ate dinner outside today, hmm?" His father make a suggestion.

"YAY!!!!! I want FRIED CHICKEN!!!" Yixing screamed excitedly.

"Chicken it is then." Yixing's father answered with a chuckle. He tried to look happy but behind his head he can't stop thinking of what happened that evening. He saw everything, from the beginning till the time he called out his son. 

'There are still time before all of them come to age'. He thought. 'There are still time before he start searching for them'.