Chapter 2 More

Other World

It's been a year since he knew about himself. It's been a year since he had those visions. Those terrifying vissions. And today, he knew that there are others like him. He always doubted that he was the only one of his kind, that are more like him and today was a proved that he was right. He needed to talk to that kid. He wanted to know what did the kid saw in the vision. Was it the same as he saw or was it different? He was determined to know more about the kid.

Wu Yifan or Kris is a Canadian Chinese that lives with a normal family and his parent earned quite a lot for a three members family. His father is a doctor while his mother worked as a nurse. Different from other children his age, he was a very independent boy, he prepares his own food, he do his own laundry and other things himself. After his little sister's death two years ago, his parents seldom spend time with him. They try to keep themselves busy by working at a clinic nearby their house everyday from early morning to late night.

For a normal 8-year old kid, it may seems too much for him to handle because his parents lack of attention but he didn't seems to care. He likes to be independent, he also likes to be alone rather than being with someone. Since his sister's death, it hit him quite hardly until he told himself that he will never be friend with someone, because he was afraid of losing someone again, afraid to suffer and hurt again. Therefore, he was always seen alone. He maybe active during class but after class he will walk home alone, although it took about 30 minutes from the school to his home. 

Well, that was what everyone thought he'd been doing. 'Walking' home.

 

He was about to go home when he saw the little kid alone, having fun playing the swing, smiling, when he unconciously walk towards the boy and saw how the boy's expression changed from being happy to being scared. He wondered why would the boy scared at him. However, suddenly, his movement became slower and slower until he cannot move anymore, when he saw the boy's face, Kris was shocked at he saw. The boy's pupils and hair changed its colour from brown to dark blue. In a split second everything changed back to normal, before rain fell to the ground. As Kris grab the boy to a shelter nearby, he looked at the boy expressionlessly. The boy was clearly in a confused state right now and Kris knew what was happening. Kris was about to ask the boy about what he saw in the vision before a lady came calling out for assumely to be his son. As the boy ran to his mother, he knew that the rain was not a natural rain. The cause of the rain was that boy.

"Junmyeon is his name, is it?"

Suddenly a soft voice came out of nowhere. "Seems like you are one of us too, huh?" He heard another different voice later. "Well, you see, we thought that we are the only one who are different from others but then we saw what happened to the kid. It affected us too." Says the first voice before the owner of the voice jumping down from a tree branch. "You saw it too, didn't you?" The owner of the second voice showed up a few seconds later. They are two little kids, maybe around the age of 6 or 5 years old, Kris thought.  "Who are you guys?" Kris asked defensively. "Sorry, we should introduce ourselves first, I am Luhan and this is my cousin Kim Minseok. We are your classmates, that is, if you remember us, of course." Luhan explained. 'No wonder they are familiar', Kris told himself.  "My cousin here is from China but his parents sent him to our grandmother in this village so he can learned how 'typical' country children lives. His parents have a lot of money." Minseok added. "Or that what we thought so." 

Kris is still confused of the current situation, however, he tried to manage himself. "What do you mean?" Kris asked them. "As he told you, we are different, we have the visions a year before, when we are just 7 years old. My parents however, told us that, those visions are just a dream. Not that we believed it, but we are still too young to think about it. Unfortunately, a day after we 'dreamt', our powers was trigered. We assumed it was because of those visions." Minseok explained. Kris still cannot believed what he just heard. "What kind of powers?" Kris asked hesitantly. "We all have different power cores, that was what I saw in my vision. There are twelve power cores, Ice, Gravity, Flight, Heal, Water, Light, Electricity, Fire, Earth, Time, Space and wind. My power helps me to move anything around me wherever I want it to be." Luhan speaks up. " Minseok here, have the power to freeze everything he wants." "We played around with our powers sometimes, at a place where people couldn't see. Therefore, we can control our power better now." Minseok added again.

"Now, we've introduced ourselves, before we discuss more about this, how about you tell us a little about yourself." Minseok asked. "How can I know I can trust you guys?! How do I know you are telling the truth?!" Kris starts to panicked as he saw the two of them comfortably talking about their powers and demonstrate them. Although he always believed that there are more people like him, he never thought of meeting them at all. He was relieved to have found someone like him. But to meet more than one person for one day, he didn't know how to accept it. Kris still couldn't believe them even though their explaination was very convincing with proof. He didn't know how to react in this kind of situation.

He hurriedly turned around to run away but as he was about to run, his feet felt like being pressed to the ground. he couldn't move an inch. As he was forced to turned around by an unknown force, he  knew that one of them had started using his power to prevent him from running away. It turned out to be Luhan as he saw Luhan's pupils have changed shape to a symbol and his iris changed their colour to purple. Minseok was about to freeze his leg when suddenly all of it stopped. There was confusion in Luhan and Minseok face, as Kris was terified for what ever happening right now. Their eyes show how much they are in shocked of the situation as a bright light suddenly appeared between them. Then they heard a voice. "Find them and everything can be restored". The voice was very soft and soothing, instead of being more shock, all three them felt calmer than before. But it lasts for just a little while. All Kris can remember was that voice before everything gone blank.