CHAPTER 1 Kim Junmyeon

Other World

"KIM JUNMYEON.. WAKE UP, SON.."

Mrs. Kim called out for her son softly while caressed his hair lightly, pushing away the little hair that cover the little face when Junmyeon slowly open his eyes. He looked at the clock on the side table, 6.30 am. "Still early, mom," he answered, still lying down. "Come on, it's your first day of school. Wake up and get ready, okay?" Her mom tried to persuade him. But Junmyeon was never excited about going to school. It's scared him.   

Several weeks before, his mother have explained to him about the school, he didn't like the idea at all but her mother tried very hard to told him that the school is a place where he will meet new friends to play together and have fun while learning something new every day. It took his mother two weeks to persuade him because he is not a child who knows how to socialize with others. Being the only child in the family, he never left his parent's side, he didn't really met or befriend other people of his age.

To talk about his family, his family consisted of only three members, that includes his caring father and his loving mother, of course. His father was a well-known bussiness man and one of the richest man in the country. Due to his work, Junmyeon seldom have time to play with his father. However, her mother didn't want him to be raised up in a very comfortable surrounding, thus, instead of living in his father's well-built villa in the city, his father bought a small cottage for them at a small village which is surrounded by nature.  Once in a while, they would go to his father's villa to just spend time there or if there are any occasion that requires both of his parent to be in the event.

After 10 minutes, Junmyeon was ready to go to school. Although he was only 7 years old, her mother had taught him to be independent in terms of putting on his own clothes. Quickly of course. It was still a little early before the bus come to pick him up, so, he ate his cereal, finished up his milk and washed his dishes. As soon as he finished washing his dishes, the school bus was already in front of his house.

Fear, thrilled, nervous, a little bit of excitement, all his feelings mixed up together as he put on his shoes, gave his mother a hug and walked to the school bus. Due to his timid personality, he hesitantly climb up into the bus and took a seat just behind the bus driver's seat. The bus took off to school after being packed up with elementary school students. All the way, Junmyeon was sitting alone in the bus and as the bus got closer and closer to the school, he was getting more and more nervous. He always thought that he was not ready to go to school, he can start going to school next year, as so he thought. He even planned to run back to his house on the way to school but, unfortunately, he didn't know the way home.

When the bus stopped, Junmyeon was still seated on the bus until one of the teacher reached out to him and lead him to his classroom. There are about five people including him in the classroom due to small population in the village, where each grade have only one calss with not more than 5 students in each class. As the class went on, Junmyeon didn't speak a word even during ice breaking time. Only told the class his name and age, went back to his seat and continued being silent. Other students were having a very great time learning in the class, interacting with each other but Junmyeon can't cope with the sudden change in his surrounding. 

For the first week, his teacher, Miss Lee, didn't seem to care for she thought that he needed time to make friends and talk, but as the second week ended, his mother was called to discuss about Junmyeon's condition in class. He wasn't active, didn't even talk to people nor does he interacted with other kids even teachers.

During the discussion between his mother and his teacher, Junmyeon was left alone at the playground. He was swinging front and back with a smile on his face until he saw a tall kid. He recognized the kid, whom he recalled as a one year senior with the name Kris. As Kris approached him, he looked down, didn't dare to look at the tall kid on the face. He wanted to walk away but his feet suddenly couldn't move, as if there was something prevent him from moving. When he looked up, he saw Kris was also struggling to move his feet from the ground. And in a split second, he could see visions. Something that was different from everything in this world. He was lost in those visions as it was too much for him to 'digest' them. Beautiful sceneries. People living in harmony. Partying and having a great time. Visions of twelve kings and queens, each queen holding a prince. Everything was so wonderful. "They shall meet again when the time comes. It is their destiny." Faint, trembling woman's voice suddenly heard before everything turned white.

The visions disappeared in a blink and Junmyeon looked up at Kris who was looking at him as well. Kris opened his mouth to talk but suddenly, it started to rain. Junmyeon stared blankly at him as Kris quickly dragged him to a shelter. Kris was a big boy, a bit taller than Junmyeon. Junmyeon realised that he want to be like Kris, with his height and nice facial feature. Kris heaved a sigh, wiping the drips of rain on his forehead before he turned to face Junmyeon.

Junmyeon was still frowning, deep in his own thoughts about the sudden visions he saw. What was that?, he questioned himself. He realized Kris standing beside him, staring down at him. "Are you okay?" asked Kris, tilting his head. That's when he saw his mother ran towards the playground., looking for him, "Junmyeon!!! Junmyeon!! Where are you?!". "I'm here, mom" Junmyeon ran to his mother. "Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" His mother asked him hastily. "Yes, I'm okay." he said. 'I think.' he said to himself. 

Junmyeon noticed his mother staring at Kris, eyeing him in suspiscion before she sighed, facing him again. "Good. Let's go." she took his hand, leaving. His mother glanced at Kris again as they left. "I talked to your teacher, honey." said his mother as they went into the car. Junmyeon nodded, letting her to continue. "You should make some friends, you know but be careful with strangers, sweety." said her mother to him, glancing at Junmyeon from time to time.

Junmyeon nodded quietly, his eyes staring out the window. It was still raining heavily outside with no sign of stopping. As he stared outside the window, the rain made him feel calm as if it was his friend. He slightly smiled to himself, his hand touching the window. However, his expression suddenly changed, "Mom, why is the rain following us?".