One Sided Love

False Hope
 
False Hope
 
 
One Sided Love
 
 

The way it started still surprises me. I never saw it coming and yet I said nothing about it. I just let it be.

 

I was at the movies with three of our friends and after you gave a call, we decided that it would be good if you came along so we waited for you. When you arrived, we happily greeted you and went to pay for our movie tickets. Because we were a little bit early, we took the chance to spend the free time through the small arcade games that were there, simply enjoying the time between the five of us.

 

In that time, I decided to give a call to my mom, on her request, just to let her know about how things were going.

 

And that’s when you came to me.

 

As innocent as it sounds, how could have I known that you had something else in mind? Or did you not and it was simply in the spur of the moment that you gently took a hold of me and flirted?

 

Even after all this time I still don’t know the answer. Maybe I could’ve had one if I simply asked you why, but I didn’t and I don’t even know why.

 

I didn’t see anything into it though. We were just two close friends that were hanging out before waiting for a movie to start. In our little corner, we started talking about anything that popped out our heads, nothing serious.

 

I remember you asking me about that baggy jacket I was wearing at the time, laughing at me for my choice of clothing. I may not have been the stylish teenage girl like the rest of my friends but I was comfortable with the way I dressed. You only smiled at me and nodded, as if you understood what I was saying.

 

The next thing I knew, your hands were holding me by my hips while we still talked about our past, bringing up old memories of our friendship when we were much younger than fourteen years of age and how crazy time flew by. I never really paid attention to the way you looked at me or why we were physically close to each other.

 

I guess it never really bothered me.

 

The time came where the movie was about to start. Joining the rest of our friends, we went to take our seats and waited with the endless commercials popping out on the big screen. I sat next to you and you wrapped your arm around my shoulders. I didn’t say anything but just leaned against you for comfort while eating out of my bag filled with popcorn.

 

I remember that we were sitting a couple of rows above our other friends. I don’t know why but I don’t think I minded the privacy. I enjoyed having some time alone with you because we never had that before. In all out years we knew each other, I think that was the most time we spent alone… before things eventually got out of hand of course.

 

You were such a flirt and I was too innocent to realize what you were doing or trying to do.

 

Light graze from your fingertips over the fabric of my shirt hogging my chest, I turned my head to look at you and saw that sly smirk before fully exposing your gummy smile to me. I just chuckled and shook my head.

 

Maybe that was a mistake on my part; letting you go on without saying anything. We were just teenagers, so this kind of abrupt approach was kind of a big thing I guess. Especially since we weren’t a couple but just two friends.

 

All through the movie, you still had that arm around me. I reached up to hold your hand and you let me entangle our fingers together without saying anything. A crooked smile appeared on your face and maybe that’s why I started to think to much.

 

As in why so suddenly were you acting this way with me? Did you like me? Did you have a crush on me or something and this was your way of showing me that something was going on? By being like this, were you trying to figure out my response so to give you the chance to confess to me?

 

How the hell could have I known that you just wanted some fun?

 

It’s because I didn’t ask. I didn’t say anything.

 

Maybe if I did, things would’ve been different? Maybe this is how it would’ve gone.

 

“Guk?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What are you doing?” I would’ve whispered in your ear so you could hear me better over the noise of the movie. And you would’ve answered like this. “What are you talking about?” And look at me with that beautiful smile I grew to like.

 

I’m not bold. I don’t speak my feelings out because I don’t want to be a bother to anybody, but I could’ve said something like this, because it was just the two of us talking. “Are you trying to tell me something?”

 

“Maybe~” At that moment, I would’ve felt a light caress of your fingertips on the side of my , which would make me giggle because of the ticklish feeling. I would give you a playful slap on your chest, making me hear a chuckle from your husky voice, something that became endearing to my ears.

 

When the film ended and we came out of the movie theater, we went back to hang out at the arcades on the first floor. We separated ourselves from the rest of the group where you led me to a quiet spot just for the two of us.

 

You paid such attention to me, and so suddenly, I really did think that you liked me. But I guess I was too flustered to notice that I got the wrong message out of it.

 

But you got so close to me, I was starting to lose my train of thoughts. The perfume you had became such an intoxicating scent seeping through my brain, I wasn’t functioning properly anymore and just let some hidden desire begin to rise. “W-what are you doing?”

 

“Nothing…”

 

Your hands were trailing down from my waist to the back and further down until they rested right on the back pockets of my jeans. My back was further pressed against the wall and I could barely breathe anymore I was so shocked but mostly confused. You held me like this for I don’t know how long and from there, the rest of the day became a blur.

 

I just remember ending the day, when you had to leave, by softly kissing you on the cheek, simply telling you goodbye as if nothing happened.

 

And I guess it never did because you barely gave me a second glance before you walked out.    

 

 




 

A/N: And voilà the first chapter! :3

I'm telling this now, it's my first time writing something like this (not the sad but the concept in general) so I'm pretty nervous >.<

Let me know what you guys think :)

 

Lots of love, xo

 

P.S - the layout still needs some adjustment, sorry ><