Interview

Be With Me (EDITING)

Baekhyun's POV 

I pulled back slowly and realized what had just happened.  What is wrong with me?  I had just let my feelings go and get the best of me.  That kiss... shouldn't have happened, but I let it happen because I got caught up in talking with her.  I sighed, thinking of what to do or say if Taeyeon ever found out.  Not only was I worried about Taeyeon, though, I saw the look on Areum's face and felt so bad.  She looked so uncomfortable and shocked.  I had just made things even more awkward than before. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized.  Then I got up and walked out of the room, giving the both of us some space. 

I walked to Yixing's room and laid in his bed.  He was sitting at his desk, headphones on, and clicking away at a music program.  He didn't even notice that I had walked into the room because he was so immersed in his music, but I was glad.  I just needed some quiet to think more thoroughly of what to do.  And I bet Areum probably needed some time to herself as well. 

Again I sighed and to my side.  This was going to be a huge mess if Taeyeon found out what I had done.  I wanted to regret it, but Areum's soft lips made it hard to forget.  Even if I tried my hardest to forget or think about something else, I couldn't help but still feel the tingling sensation on my lips. 

 

Your POV 

I watched as Baekhyun got up and walked out of the room, leaving me alone.  Slowly, I lifted my fingers up to my lips and gently glossed my fingers across them.   As happy I was kissing Baekhyun, I also felt guilty.  It wasn't just his fault, it was also mine because I didn't push him away. 

Before I could think about anything else, Jongdae came running into the room with a big smile on his face.  I pushed away all thoughts of Baekhyun and me kissing and tried my best to focus on what Jongdae was saying. 

"SM said that they can fit an interview in with you tomorrow morning at ten," he announced, keeping a big smile on. 

"That's great," I said, equally as joyed. 

"Yeah, so I can drive you back home tomorrow and-" 

"Oh, wait," I interrupted.  I thought for a moment and then said, "I have to go to the daycare tomorrow morning." 

"Oh, then I can ask them to push the interview back." 

"No, it's okay.  I'll ask my co-worker to cover for me." 

"Are you sure?" 

I nodded and smiled. 

Since it was getting late, Jongdae went to change his clothes in the closet and then offered me some so that I could sleep more comfortably.  Then he said that I could sleep on his bed while he would sleep in Chanyeol's because he wasn't here.  I thanked him and crawled under his covers. 

The next morning, I rubbed my sleepy eyes and yawned.  It was still early and very quiet in their dorm.  The sunlight was peaking through the curtain, creating a source of light in the room.  I sat up and looked around.  Baekhyun's back was facing me, so I couldn't see his face.  Then I turned to Jongdae and realized how cute he actually was.  I had always thought he was handsome of course because all of the EXO members were handsome, but taking a closer look-- I felt attracted.  As soon as I realized what I was thinking, I felt my cheeks get hot and I forced myself to look away. 

Although I didn't want to get up and leave, I had to in order to not be late for work.  As quietly as I could, I made Jongdae's bed and went to change into my clothes.  After I exited the bathroom, I walked to the living room to see if anyone was awake, but it didn't seem like it.  Then I decided to go back to Jongdae's room to see if he had woken up. 

When I peaked into the room, I saw Jongdae dressed and grabbing his phone.  Then he looked my way and noticed me standing in the doorway.  He smiled and picked up his wallet before walking towards me. 

"You ready?" he asked, staying quiet because Baekhyun was still sleeping. 

I nodded my head and walked with him to the entrance.  I slipped on my shoes while Jongdae pulled on a jacket and put his shoes on.  Then we drove off to my house. 

When we got to my house, he stayed in the car while I slipped in and quietly changed my clothes and gathered what I needed for the interview.  Then I stuffed whatever I needed into a bag and got back into the car.  Then we drove down to the daycare. 

Once we got there, Jongdae parked and I went in to talk to my co-worker.  I told Soobin about my interview and she said that she was fine with covering for me. 

"It's fine," she said, "but you have to get me a signed album or something from EXO." 

"Okay, I will," I laughed. 

Because there was still time left, I helped around for a bit.  Talking and taking care of the kids helped take the stress and nervousness away, which was a major relief for me.  Then Jongdae came into the room. 

 

Jongdae's POV

After driving Areum to the daycare, I got a call from my manager.  He just reminded me about our schedule and not to be late.  I said okay and quickly hung up.  Then I looked at the time.  There was a little more than half an hour left before it was time for us to go, so I decided to head in and see if Areum was ready to go or not. 

When I got inside, the front desk lady smiled at me.  I asked her where Areum was and then she directed me to the room that Areum was in.  I thanked her and then she left.  I slid into the room and stood there quietly because it seemed that Areum was a bit busy, dealing with two little children where were fighting over something.  I smiled as I watched her calm the two down and talk to them gently, but firmly.  She looked so motherly that it just made me fall for her even more.  Then another part-timer walked in from a different door and noticed me standing at the entrance.  Her jaw dropped and she froze in place.  I smiled at her and she looked like she was about to faint. 

"Are you okay, Soobin?" I heard Areum ask as she stood up. 

The girl, named Soobin, who saw me nodded and shook her head at the same time.  "I'm--  He..." she stuttered, not looking away from me for a second.  My eyes shifted from her to Areum.  Areum turned around and looked at me and smiled. 

"Oh, hey," she said with a smile.  Then she walked over to her co-worker and placed a hand on her shoulder.  "This is Soobin." 

"Hi, I'm Jongdae," I introduced myself. 

"Hey, I saw you on t.v.!" one of the little kids exclaimed.  That grabbed the attention of all of the other children in the room and they all started crowding around with curious eyes.  I smiled.  They were all so cute and tiny.  I waved to them and said "hello". 

Then Areum came up to me and whispered, "Soobin over there is a big fan.  Do you mind giving her a signed album?" 

"Sure, I can give you the album later." 

"Alright, thanks."  Then she grabbed Soobin and pulled her over to us. 

"Hi," I smiled.  "I'm sorry I don't have an album for you right now, but I'll give it to Areum so that she can give it to you later." 

Soobin just nodded her head, staring at me, starstruck. 

"How about a hug for now?" I asked. 

Once again she nodded, so I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug.  After we pulled apart, Soobin thanked me and then I said goodbye to all the little kids.  Areum cleaned up a little and said goodbye to the kids, too, before following me out to the car.  We got in and drove down to the company. 

I parked in the parking lot and lead her to the offices.  I patted her on the shoulder for good luck and shot her two thumbs up, knowing that she'll be fine and do well.  Then I left her to the staff and went straight to the practice rooms.  Peeking in, I saw that the rooms were full of trainees.  Glancing down at my watch, I noticed that I was about two hours early, so I decided to watch the trainees practice.  During their break, I stopped in and helped by giving them tips and words of encouragement.

 

Your POV

Jongdae showed me to the offices' waiting area where my interview would take place.  He wished me luck and then headed out of the room.  Without the bubbly atmosphere that Jongdae gave off, I was left feeling nervous again.  I took a deep breath in and went to sit in one of the chairs.  It was still a bit early, so I ran over possible interview questions in my head and thought of how to answer them.  As I sat there thinking to myself, a young, skinny woman entered the room and smiled at me.

"Hi there. Nice to meet you," she said in English, reaching her hand out to mine.

"O-Oh, nice to meet you, too," I replied, hoping that my accent wasn't too heavy and shaking her hand.

"My name is Haerin," she continued smoothly.

"I'm Areum."

"Alright, shall we move to the next room?"

I smiled and nodded my head. Haerin opened the door and allowed me to walk in. Then I followed her to a different room with a big window and two seats facing a desk. She motioned me to sit down while she walked around the desk and sat down herself.

"Okay, so do you have your paperwork with you?" she asked, still keeping a nice smile plastered onto her face.

"Yes," I replied and pulled out a manila folder from my work bag.  I took out the documents that were required and handed them over to her.

"Thank you."  She took the papers and quickly glanced over it.  Then she began questioning and talking to me in English about my experiences and such.

Everything went very smoothly and she complimented my organization and English skills.  She also had mentioned how they did a quick background check on me and said that I was clear.  Then she excused herself from the room at the end of the interview and came back within a few minutes saying that I was hired. I was surprised at how quickly they hired me, but I wasn't complaining. I bowed to her and and the other employees before thanking them one last time and leaving.

I stood in SM Entertainment's main lobby with a wide smile and tried to process what was happening.  Then I stuffed my folder into my work bag and asked the receptionist directions to the idols' practice rooms.  I thanked the lady and walked over to where the practice rooms were.  When I arrived, I knocked on the door, but received no answer. Then I heard the music and feet moving across the hardwood floor. I let myself in and quietly stood near the entrance as to not disturb them.

When I was inside, all twelve members were so focused that they didn't seem to realize that I was in the room.  They continued to practice and sweat everywhere. I smiled as I watched them work hard. Their movements were strong and all in sync, and it was amazing to watch, though, I have seen them do that on tv many times before.

While I was watching them, someone came in behind me and asked, "Who are you?"

Startled, I flinched in surprise before I turned around and introduced myself.  She stared at me suspiciously and crossed her arms.  I reassured her that I wasn't a crazy fan and that I was actually a friend of theirs, but she didn't believe it and took me by the arm.

"Uh, hey can you let go of me?" I asked, trying to be polite.

She frowned and tightened her grip on me as I tried to tug my arm away. Then the loud music stopped and the whole room went quiet. The woman and I paused and turned to see that all twelve pairs of eyes were on us.

"Noona, what are you doing?" Jongdae asked, staring at the woman.

"Sorry for the disturbance.  Continue practicing, boys," she replied, slightly pulling on me.

"Wait, that's our friend."

She paused. "Well, you know the rules, Jongdae."

"But she works for SM now."

"Unless she can prove it and I can get a confirmation, then she can't be here."

"Let her stay," Joonmyeon tried convincing.

"Joonmyeon, you've been here the longest," she replied sternly, causing him to close his mouth.

Everything was still until Jongdae came in between us.  He placed his hand on hers and tore her grip off of me.  I looked at him and saw a glimpse of anger in his eyes.  This was a side that I hadn't really seen of Jongdae and it made my heart warm.

"I can call Haerin noona," Jongdae said.

Just as Jongdae said that, Haerin knocked on the door and invited herself in.  She came in with a bright smile like she had during the interview and was holding onto some papers.

She paused when she realized how tense the atmosphere seemed and looked around. "What's going on?"

"Haerin, Areum works here now, right?" Jongdae asked, still keeping between the other woman and me.

"Yeah, I just got the okay from my boss."  

Then everyone turned their heads to look at the other woman that stood there awkwardly.  It was obvious on her face that she was embarrassed and upset about the whole thing and being proven wrong.  Then she scoffed after a minute and exited the room.

Jongdae turned to me and smiled. Then Haerin walked over and gave me some papers and proceeded to talk some business. She gave me an idea of how my first week will look like, and then she said goodbye and left. 

After Haerin was gone, I turned to the rest of EXO with a wide smile.  "I'll be working with you guys from now on." 

They all cheered and congratulated me.  Jongdae was the first to give me a hug.  And when he did, it felt nice and made my heart skip a beat.  But it only lasted a second and I didn't dwell on it too long because the next person came along.  Although they were all sweaty and hot from practicing, I didn't mind their quick hugs and pats on the back.  The only one who didn't come near me was Baekhyun. He stayed in the back and simply smiled. I gave him a small wave and then left with Jongdae back to the daycare. 

 

 


Hi guys!! here's another update for you guys!  i hope you like it!!  tell me what you guys think in the comments and as mostly every single one of you know, I will reply at least a smiley face :) hehe...  and thank you guys sooo much for 62 subscribers now!!!  I really appreciate it!!  You guys really don't know how happy I am :D

 

OH!  and it's Chen's/Jongdae's birthday here where I live >.<  so Happy Birthday to Chennie!!  (that's why there were a lot of Chenxyou parts XP)

But anyways, I hope you enjoyed like I said millions and millions of times already and yeah :)

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

 

(3/31/2020)

Wow, it's been a long time. I am so sorry for leaving this fic. I can't promise that I will be updating anytime soon, but I really want to finish up with the editing and getting everything done.

Anyway, after coming back, I noticed how much I switched point of views (and that can get really confusing sometimes)... Now, I really don't do that anymore in my writing, but for the sake of this fic and to be consistent, I will try to stick to how I originally wrote it.