Not Giving Up

Be With Me (EDITING)

Your POV

When they finally released Eunsun from the examination room, Myungdae and I stood up and watched as they pulled her bed into a normal hospital room.  Then a nurse came out from behind and smiled at us and told us to follow.  Once we were inside the room, Myungdae talked to the nurse while Minkyung and I sat down beside the bed.  Minkyung silently watched his mother and reached out to hold her hand.  I kept glancing over at Myungdae and the nurse, trying to catch what they were saying.  When he was done talking with her, she left and closed the door behind her.  Myungdae turned and walked over to us, looking stressed and worried. 

"What did she say?" I asked. 

"She said that Eunsun is fine.  She was just exhausted and overworked herself, so it's nothing too serious," he replied and took a quick look at his wife. 

"Oh...  well, if that's it, then that's good, right?" 

"Yeah, it is."  His face still seemed sullen. 

"I'll tell her to stop working.  It'll be fine because I'm working now, too.  And since we're starting to catch up on all the payments, we should be okay.  I wouldn't want her overworking herself again." 

"I know.  Thanks, but I'll tell her myself." 

"Okay then.  Oh, and I'm accepting the offer." 

"What?"  He looked at me in surprise.  "No.  It's already bad enough that you're working more than two jobs... and I would want to see you end up in the hospital like Eunsun right now." 

I sighed.  "Well, what am I supposed to do then?" 

Silence hung over us for a moment.  "My friend's brother is a principal of a university and maybe I can talk him into getting you a job offer there instead of the community center." 

"Don't I have to go back to school for something like that?" 

"Y-Yeah...  Probably." 

"Don't worry.  I don't plan on working there forever." 

He looked at me and then looked over at Eunsun.  "Okay, if you say so..." 

I pressed my lips together and let Minkyung down to the ground.  "I'm going to head home.  I have to get ready for tomorrow.  I can take Minkyung with me if you want." 

Myungdae nodded his head as he took our seat that Minkyung and I had been sitting in.  I grabbed the keys and took Minkyung's hand.  He said goodbye to his dad and planted a kiss on his mom's cheek, then we headed out. 

Once we got home, I opened the door and Minkyung we running in.  I closed the door behind us and dropped the car keys off in the kitchen.  Then I went to wash up and change into my comfy clothes before coming back out to the living room to where Minkyung was playing.  "Kyungie," I called out to him.  "Let's wash up now." 

"Okay," he replied with a smile. 

I walked ahead to the bathroom and waited for him there.  It only took a minute before he came running in with his same smile.  Looking at Minkyung smile reminded me of how Jongdae was always smiling.  I soon shook the thought away and helped Minkyung wash up. 

After Minkyung was done, I got him ready for bed and took him into my room because I didn't think he would want to sleep alone in his parents' room alone.  As soon as I turned off the light and only the lamp was on, Minkyung knew that it was time to get ready to go to sleep soon.  He crawled up on my bed and tried his best to pull the covers up on himself.  I smiled to myself when I saw him.  I tied my hair back before I slid into bed next to him and turned off the lamp.  Then I cuddled up close to him because I just couldn't help it. 

Just as I was about to doze off, I heard my phone buzz.  I groggily turned my body, without waking Minkyung, and grabbed my phone.  When I turned it on and the screen lit up, I saw that it was Jongdae and my mood lightened. 

Jongdae [10:18 pm]:  Hey, are you still up?  Sorry if I woke you...

I smiled at the text and wondered what to say back. 

Me [10:20 pm]:  I was just about to sleep, but it's fine.  How are you?

Jongdae [10:21 pm]:  I'm sooo sorry!  Forgive me!  I'll buy you lunch next time we hang out :3  And I'm tired from practicing :(

Me [10:21 pm]:  Really??  Promise?  When is your next free day?

Jongdae [10:22 pm]:  I promise :)  I don't know yet... we're practicing for our next comeback

Me [10:23 pm]:  Hmm... okay then.

Jongdae [10:23 pm]:  Yeah, but maybe I can sneak away from practice tomorrow?

Me [10:23 pm]:  No!  You shouldn't do that.

Jongdae [10:24 pm]:  It's okay.  It'll only be one practice 

Me [10:24 pm]:  Well, I'm busy tomorrow

Jongdae [10:25 pm]:  Okayyy fine.  But let's go out soon!

Me [10:25 pm]:  A date???

Jongdae [10:25 pm]:  Only if you want it to be ;)

I blushed.  I didn't know if Jongdae was being serious or not, but it definitely made me smile. 

Jongdae [10:26 pm]:  I've gotta go.  Goodnight!

Me [10:27 pm]:  Goodnight :)

After our last texts to each other, I set my phone down next to my lamp and turned back to Minkyung.  Jongdae was such a flirt and it made me blush even more.  He was such a sweet guy, and if Baekhyun and I weren't so close, I think I would've fallen for him right away. 

The next morning, I was awoken to my alarm going off.  I shut it off and noticed that Minkyng wasn't sleeping next to me anymore.  Immediately, I sat up and ran out of my door to search for the toddler.  I made my way to the living room and saw that he was playing with some of his toys.  Silently, I let out a sigh of relief and smiled knowing that nothing had happened. 

I went back to my room to get ready for the day.  After I was ready and dressed, I went to cook up a simple breakfast for Minkyung and I.  Just as we were finished eating, the front door opened.  I placed the plates into the sink and went to see who it was.  I was expecting it to be my mom, but I was surprised when it was actually Myungdae and Eunsun. 

"What are you guys doing home so early?" I asked. 

"She wanted to come home," Myungdae answered as he threw his bag on the couch and put his keys down. 

"And the doctor said that I was perfectly fine," Eunsun added and took off her cardigan. 

"Oh," I said.  "Well, I need to go to work, so I'll see you guys later." 

They all said goodbye to me and then I left.  After working at the daycare for a couple of hours, I headed over to the cafe afterwards.  While I was working, my manager came by to ask if I could close the shop.  Of course I said yes because I always needed the extra cash.  He smiled and thanked me before going back to work.  As time passed, less and less customers came in.  It became night in no time and once the last customer came and left, I turned the sign over to say that we were closed.  Then I went to the back and cleaned up a bit. 

It was around 10:30 when I heard some sort of knocking coming from the front of the shop.  I looked up, but ignored it because whoever was outside would eventually read the sign and figure out that we were closed.  When the knocking didn't stop, I grew increasingly annoyed.  I marched up to the front to see who it was, but I didn't see anyone outside at all.  The shop had big windows, but it was still kind of hard to see when it was so dark outside.  At first I shrugged it off, but it started to scare me a bit.  I decided to try and finish cleaning up and mopping the floors as fast as I could.  When I was done with everything, I went to double check if I had locked the door, even though I had dreaded going back there.  As I locked up and looked around outside a bit more, a hand suddenly slapped the door as if it were trying to grab my face.  I jumped back and my heart beat against my chest so hard that I could hear it in my ears. 

Because I had backed up so fast, I slipped on the wet floors and fell on my .  I winced to myself and got back up on my feet.  Then I glanced over at the door again.  At first I thought it was probably someone messing with me, but then someone came knocking at the door.  This time I could see who it was. 

"Noona!  Open the door!" the persona shouted from outside.  I looked closer and saw that it was Sehun. 

I sighed and unlocked the door for him, but it wasn't only him, Jongdae was there, too. 

"Were you scared?" Sehun asked with worry. 

"Yeah, I had a heart attack," I said monotonely. 

Then I saw the younger glare at Jongdae.  "It was all his fault.  I told him not to do it, but he just-" 

I laughed.  "It's okay.  I'm fine, so it's okay." 

"I'm sorry, Areum.  I didn't think that you would react like that and fall.  Are you okay?" Jongdae finally spoke. 

"Yeah, I'm good.  The floor was just a bit slippery," I told him. 

"Jongdae hyung just wanted to stalk you for a bit, that's why we didn't come in at first.  Sorry," Sehun apologized. 

I turned my head to look at Jongdae and saw that he was taken a back by what Sehun had blurted out.  He shook his head at me and tried to deny it.  I raised my eyebrows and gave him a look. 

"No, it wasn't like that!" he defended himself.  "I wanted to scare you!  I'm not some stalker." 

"Sure, whatever," I replied sarcastically. 

 

Jongdae's POV 

It was pretty dark out when we finally got a break from learning the new choreography.  It was so tiring practicing for hours and hours, but we also enjoyed it because we were all together.  Chanyeol wasn't away on his new reality show, Baekhyun didn't go on so many dates with Taeyeon, Kyungsoo wasn't busy with his dramas and movie, Jongin and Sehun were done with their photoshoots, Luhan took a break from filming, and Yixing came back from doing his show that he was guest staring on.  Everything seemed so peaceful and kind of like the old times when we were all trainees. 

While we were on break, Tao tugged Kris and Joonmyeon to a new restaurant that he had found, Jongin and Yixing went to discuss the choreography more with the choreographer, Baekhyun and Chanyeol talked and went somewhere together, Luhan, Minseok, and Kyungsoo went out, and I dragged Sehun with me to "go and get bubble tea." 

We passed the street where the shop we would usually go to get bubble tea at and Sehun gave me a weird look.  I continued to walk towards the cafe that Areum worked at without saying a word to Sehun.  He kept bugging me and whining as we continued to walk. 

"Hyung, where are we going?  We passed the bubble tea shops like five minutes ago," he complained. 

"To Areum," I answered.  "Don't you want to see her?" 

"Couldn't we have gotten some bubble tea first?  I could've bought her one, too." 

"Well, I think she should be leaving work soon." 

He sighed, but continued to walk behind me without another word.  Once we reached the shop, the sign had said that the cafe was closed.  I frowned, but when I caught glimpses of Areum walking around in the back, I smiled.  We tried knocking on the door at first to see if we could get her attention, but she never came out.  While we were knocking, I suddenly got a call from our manager, so we headed to the side of the cafe to get away from some of the street noise. 

Then when we came back around to the main doors, we found that she was standing at the front counters wiping down the machines and mopping the floor.  We knocked again and this time she finally looked up.  Then she made her way up to the glass door.  I pushed Sehun to the side so that she wouldn't see us. 

"W-What are you doing?" Sehun asked in surprise. 

"I'm going to scare her," I replied. 

"No, don't!" 

I smirked and put my finger by my lips, signaling him to be quiet.  He shut his mouth and looked at me questionably.  I peaked over to the door and slowly crept over so that I was closer.  Then I finally slapped my hand on the door about where her face was.  When I looked back to Sehun, he hit my shoulder and pushed me away.  Then he knocked on the door and yelled out to her. 

She unlocked and opened the door for us and we entered the shop.  I had felt bad that I actually made her fall backwards, but it was just a little but funny.  And while we were talking, Sehun had said that I was stalking her.  I shook my head because it wasn't true.  Pluse Sehun was there, too, so he can't say that I was the only one "stalking." 

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" she asked. 

"We came to buy bubble tea, but then Jongdae hyung lied and we came here instead," Sehun replied. 

"I'll buy you some on the way back.  I promise," I told him. 

"Oh, you guys have practice, don't you?  Don't overwork yourselves," she said. 

"Yeah, you, too.  Don't be overworking yourself." 

She looked up at me and gave me a warm smile.  Although she was smiling so warmly, something told me that something was on her mind, but I didn't get the chance to ask her.  I wondered if it had something to do with Baekhyun.  Even though she may like Baekhyun, I was not going to give up entirely, at least no yet. 

 

 


Annyeong!!  ahhh! it's been FOREVER since I last updated... (or at least that what I fell :P)  I was busy on the weekend so I couldn't update then, and school started on Tuesday for me and I think it's pretty cool... only some classes... other than that I hate school sooooo much.  and it's not really exciting when you have no kpop friends at all in your school.  actually I have two, but they're both in different classes than I'm in... and one of them i'm getting her into kpop and she likes a couple of groups and the other one... he only likes 2ne1... no one else.  if I suggest a group he won't listen and will say that they're good, but 2ne1's the best at everything or something like that.  but whatever... i guess let the torture begin :/

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

(1/23/19)

Wow, looking back at what I wrote, I'm pretty cringy...  Even with all my cringy moments and such, I hope you guys are enjoying reading!  :D