Thoughts

Be With Me (EDITING)

Baekhyun's POV: 

I sighed loudly after hanging up with Taeyeon and stared up at the ceiling while thinking about the two girls in my life.  I thought about Taeyeon's quick hang up on me and then I thought about what Areum said.  She still liked me.  After all this time, she confessed that she still liked me.  I didn't know how to feel after that, though.  It wasn't like I was unhappy or uncomfortable with her confession.  Then I thought back to what Jongdae had told me the night before. 

While I was still in deep thought, the door swung open and Jongdae walked in.  He went straight to the closet to hang up his jacket.  I shifted and then sat up.  I wanted to talk to him about what he had said.  He turned around and was about to walk out of the room until he saw me. 

"Oh, hey," he said, looking surprised.  "I didn't see you." 

"Hey..." I started, "Uhm...  about what you said yesterday...  who was that "someone" you were talking about?" 

Jongdae sat himself down on his bed and asked, "Why do you ask?" 

"Because I was just thinking back to what you told me." 

"Oh... W-well..." 

There was only silence between the two of us for a moment before I cleared my throat and looked directly at him.  "You were talking about Areum, right?" 

Jongdae paused.  "How did you know?" 

"So I'm right?" 

He nodded his head.  "Yeah, I was talking about her."  Then he looked away.  "You know, she likes you.  She told me that night when you came to pick me up from her house." 

"Oh... you two must be close, huh?"  Jongdae didn't answer, probably taking it as a rhetorical question, but I was glad he didn't say anything because I didn't want to know how close they had gotten just within a couple of months of knowing each other.  "Anyway, what did you mean about the whole noticing her or not and the possibility of her being taken away?" 

Jongdae locked eye with me.  "Baekhyun, she likes you.  You probably should've noticed that she liked you...  And maybe you should notice that you like her, too." 

I scoffed in disbelief.  "What are you talking about?  I love Taeyeon." 

He chuckled half-heartedly.  "Come on, Baekhyun, if I like her, I know you like her, too.  Your feelings that you said that you had for her before are still there, aren't they?" 

I was speechless.  I didn't know what I was feeling at the moment, but I did hear the part when he said that he liked Areum, too.  "You like Areum?" 

He smiled shyly and nodded.  Then he said, "You probably would've found out sooner or later.  But, anyway, you better figure out your feelings soon and tell her because you never know what can happen."  He stayed in his seat for a minute before getting up and leaving the room.  After he left, I was confused and lost in deep thought once again. 

I was stuck.  Did I like Areum back or did I only like her as a friend?  For a second, I felt a passionate feeling towards Areum that made my heart race, but it was soon interrupted by Taeyeon, who suddenly popped into mind.  There was a war raging within me.  One second I would be thinking of Areum, and the other second I would be thinking of Taeyeon, and it kept going back and forth with no official winner in the end. 

The war was put on a hiatus when our manager came to pick us up to head to the company.  At practice no one really said anything.  It was just the usual encouraging comments and some criticizing.  With no small, side conversations or jokes, I was into my thoughts more than ever.  Even when we got home, I couldn't stop thinking about the whole situation that had come up. 

 

Your POV: 

When I got home, the first thing I saw was Eunsun laying unconscious on the ground.  I rushed over to her and kneeled down beside her and tried to wake her up, but it was to no avail.  I looked over her body to see if she was hurt anywhere, but there didn't seem to be any external injuries.  She was breathing steadily, too.  The next thing I worried about was Minkyung.  I got up quickly to look for him.  Eventually, I found him fast asleep on the couch.  The first thing I did, was get Eunsun to the car.  Then I ran back to the house to get Minkyung.  On the way to the hospital, I called Myungdae and told him to meet us there as soon as possible.  

Once I reached the hospital, I shouted for help.  A nurse heard and came running to the car to ask what was wrong.  I gave a quick explanation to the nurse and she went to get a stretcher for Eunsun.  The nurses and doctor came out and took Eunsun.  The first nurse came over to me and asked for some information before going off with the rest of the others. 

I went to park in the parking lot and brought Minkyung out of the back.  Somehow he was able to stay asleep through all this chaos, but I was glad that he didn't have to see all that was happening.  Just as I got to the main lobby, Myungdae came rushing in.  He bumped into me at the main desk and was able to relax a little bit. 

"Where's Eunsun?" he asked. 

"They just took her in," I answered. 

"I can show you the way," a nurse told us. 

Myungdae looked at me, then at Minkyung. 

"Go ahead," I told him.  "I'll take care of whatever needs to be taken care of here.  Then Minkyung and I will join you later." 

He nodded his head and followed the nurse to his wife. 

Once I finished the paper work and whatnot at the front desk, I continued to carry Minkyung to where Myungdae and Eunsun were.  Myungdae was sitting in a chair outside of the examination hall crouched over with his face in his hands.  I made my way over to him and sat down beside him.  Before I said anything, I tried to catch my breath because it wasn't easy carrying a sleeping child around in a hospital.  Myungdae looked up when I sat down and put his arms out to take Minkyung from me. 

I passed the kid over and took the chance to sit back.  "What'd they say?" I asked. 

"Nothing really," Myungdae replied while shifting Minkyung in his arms.  "One of the nurses told me to wait out here and reassured that everything would be fine." 

"Oh...  I-I'm sorry...  It's my fault.  I didn't go straight home when mom came to the hospital this morning.  I went over to Baekhyun's dorm and-  i-it's all my fault.  I'm so sorry, Myungdae oppa," I apologized.  Tears were starting to form and made my vision start to blur.  I felt so guilty.  We might've not had to come to the hospital if only I went straight home. 

"Areum, don't apologize. It's not your fault."  Myungdae patted my head gently as if I were a little kid again.  "Don't say it was your fault, because it's not, okay?" 

I hesitated at first, but nodded my head.  Tears rolled down my cheeks and then I felt an arm pull me into a half hug.  I sniffled and let my head rest on Myungdae's shoulder.  He continued to pat the back of my hand with his hand comfortingly until I stopped crying. 

"Listen to your older brother, okay?  Don't cry...  It's not your fault," he told me in a soft, calming vice. 

I nodded my head again and pulled away.  Minkyung awake from my crying and sat up in his father's lap.  The little child rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked up at us.  Then he cokced his head to the side, completely confused about his surroundings and what was happening.  I was still surprised that he was able to sleep though the whole situation. 

"Daddy, why are we at the hospital?  And why is auntie crying?" Minkyung asked curiously.  Then he looked around.  "Where's mommy?" 

Myungdae's expression softened and he moved Minkyung's hair away from his face.  "Mom is getting a check up and-" 

"Auntie just got something in her eye," I interupted, speaking in third person so that Minkyung would understand. 

"Oh...  Did you get the dirt out?" Minkyung asked, trying hard to look into my eyes. 

I smiled a small smile and nodded my head.  "Yes, Kyungie." 

Minkyung smiled back and started playing with his dad's hand.  I sighed and thought of this morning again.  Why did I go over to Baekhyun's this morning? I asked myself.  Just thinking about that made me remember what had happened in the morning.  I felt like crawling into a hole and hiding forever.  Baekhyun didn't seem to have much of a reaction and it just made me feel even more embarrassed.  I shook my head and stopped thinking.  I didn't need to be thinking of that.  I just needed to focus on Eunsun for the time being. 

 

 

 


Hey guys!!  here's an update for you!  i'm sorry i didn't update yesterday... my laptop restarted.  and it actually did again while I was typing it out for you guys, but i really wanted to put a chapter up for you guys!  so here it is :)  i hope you like it!!

 

Thank you

~Angelflyer

 

(1/6/19)

OMG Hello everyone!  It's been a very long time!  I am soooo sorry!  I feel really bad that I haven't updated at all for like half a year...  I am 100% to blame.  I am hoping to update more often, but I can't promise anything.  I might be MIA for a while again, but I'm not really sure.  Anyway, I hope that you all like this chapter! :D