Chapter Six

Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three decided to skip classes (which was unlikely of taeyeon and chanyeol, but it was baekhyun, so they're willing to do anything) and went to where their feet took them, which is a small playground for kids. Seeing the worn out and faded red slide and the small swings with rusty chains, Baekhyun had an idea. 

"Ahah!" He exclaims, holding his right index finger up. In the shade of the tree that they were standing in, baekhyun looks really frail and almost... Invisible. "There's a wish that i want to fulfill right now!"

The playful and happy gleam in Baekhyun's eyes almost makes Taeyeon groan. But she doesn't. Because she understands what he wants. He wants to play. Understanding Baekhyun's wish, she nods once and says, "Go play," with an uneven tone and turns around before Baekhyun could even reach the sandy ground of the playground and look back to see her red, flushed face. She strides forward to sit on the bench facing a really big tree - which was really ridiculous because why would you make a bench face a tree?- which is on the opposite of the playground. 

"You know," Chanyeol starts and Taeyeon turns to look at him, just in time to see him adjust his glasses. She hums in response, encouraging him to go on "I think we should like - may be write down Baek's wishes or something, so we can keep track," he trails on nervously. 

Taeyeon isn't really listening. She's thinking about baekhyun. How she finds it cute that the first thing he wants to do is play in a playground. He must've been really weak. She tries not think about how much of a fail her casual tone was when she said 'go play' because it's just plain embarassing. She tried to sound casual about it but she really couldn't contain her feels. She wanted to laugh because it was funny and cute, but then again, she wanted to cry because of a REALLY depressing thought. Baekhyun even needed to die to experience the little joys of childhood that is now forgotten by teenagers their age. Taeyeon silently promises Baekhyun that she'll one day bring him to a better park where the slides are bigger and the swings can take him higher, higher than he's ever been lifted before. Higher, so he can reach the sky, right where his ethereality belongs. 

"- And i think we can help him one by one or do you want to do it toge - " Chanyeol sighs, giving up on trying to spark up a conversation when he notices that Taeyeon is not at all listening.

He turns around to look at Baekhyun. "OH MY GOSH," chanyeol stares wide-eyed at the now empty playground in front of him. 

Taeyeon scrambles to get up, turns around, and is greatly appalled to see the empty playground. She stares. It takes time to process it inside her messy head. So many thoughts and possibilities run through her head. What if Baekhyun vanished? What if he left them? What if he's gone? She tries to steady her breathing as she leaves the gaping chanyeol behind and runs to where she last saw Baekhyun. No, no. Wait. She tries to steady her breathing, she tries so hard. But she's shaking. The mere thought of Baekhyun being gone... Maybe she's just overreacting. But no. No. 

Frantically searching around, she hears Chanyeol coming towards her. "Where is he?" She asks mostly to herself. 

It feels unreal. One moment Baekhyun was there, and gone the next. Had she not been keeping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter