Chapter One

Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh as she trudged back up to her room to grab her camera. She had forgotten to bring it and she was late again. She was like that, quite forgetful. Sighing once again, she rushed to school immediately.

 

“The teacher’s out again?” she heard someone ask.

Oh. That teacher. Her teacher hasn't been attending class lately, not that anyone really cared. No substitute teacher bothered to replace her because they all had their own business to attend to.

“Sweet!” another guy exclaimed.

Sitting down the chair at the back of the class, she let her eyes wander around the room and narrowed her eyes at a group of girls not far away from her. They were gossiping with each other and they looked terrified, as if it was the worst day of their lives. With their frowns adorning their once flirty faces, she knew she wouldn’t feel the same. She was different. She had nothing in common with them.

But little did she know, they actually had one thing in common.

They would both have the worst day of their lives.

 

After school, Taeyeon headed to the library, one of the only places where she could read in peace. There weren't a lot of people that actually went there, but there were quite a handful of students that would frequently go to the library to meet up since it was the only place that was open after school hours. Taeyeon had not seen Baekhyun today, and she suddenly had a flashback of Baekhyun at the very same place she was staring at, where the picture frames were carefully hung up. She smiled and started reading a book that she had grabbed from a shelf earlier.

 

"I like this photograph." I heard him say. Him. The one that had me thinking that I had to catch up to him, that one that made me believe that I had to be better than him without me being over competitive. He was the only light of my life. I used to think human brings were too imperfect to exist. Too sinful to exist, even. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter