Chapter Three

Transparent World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll take you home,” Chanyeol offered to the girl with a light smile.

After the declaration of her self-claimed mission, Chanyeol had stared at her in shock.

What a shocking day, right?

But shortly after she announced her statement, Chanyeol smiled warmly at her, and told her, "That would make me really happy."

Without a second of hesitation, she agreed almost immediately, taking him up on his offer to take her home. She had grown to trust Chanyeol, one of the reason she did so was because Baekhyun had trusted the latter with his secret.

No words were exchanged between them as they walked through the school, making their way out of the school grounds. Although they were in fact comfortable, that didn’t automatically mean that they still weren’t awkward with each other's presence. Baekhyun -who had left a while ago, saying that he wanted to try haunting the other students that were left in the campus grounds and wanted to check if anyone else could see him– was not here to ease their awkwardness.

When they approached the gates of the school, Chanyeol finally spoke up, “So, I forgot to ask. Where do you live? I mean I’m pretty sure that it’s nearby since almost everyone else at school are walkers.”

“Uh, I’ll lead the way,” Taeyeon said nervously. She hoped her parents weren’t there, or else she would have to face the endless teasing they would surely give her.

“So…” Chanyeol said, interrupting her train of thoughts. “How come you can see Baekhyun?” He suddenly had a mischievous smile on his face. Taeyeon, confused at the reason of his smile – was not prepared for what was coming when he suddenly fired her with a straightforward question, “You like him, don’t you?”

Taeyeon’s head quickly turned to him, horrified. Her eyes were so wide and enlarged that it was scary and her face flushed red so quickly that it would be a sight to see if you were a vampire. (A/n:I'M SORRY! I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE!) If she didn't have such a shy demeanor, she would’ve screamed at him, or even hit him, but instead she settled on replying in a shouting-whisper manner, fearing that someone -or worse, Baekhyun- might hear them.

“No! Wh – who said that?" she questioned. "You never know, I might have had the ability to see ghosts ever since I was young or if I’m just a special person or-“ Taeyeon paused for a while. Her? Special? Nope. Another thing. How could she see Baekhyun?

“Right.” Chanyeol said declaratively. "I know you are special! Don’t worry. And don’t worry about what I asked you, I’ll keep it a secret. Our little secret. ” He spoke and gave her a side grin.

                                                                     It was important to him, yes, that he and Taeyeon would have their own secret. Taeyeon would be his other friend now.

"How 'bout you?" Taeyeon asked. "How can you see him?"

Chanyeol looked at her with raised brows, shocked that Taeyeon was actually interested about that. "Well, I actually have a sixth sense about stuff like that." Chanyeol explained.

Taeyeon just hummed in understanding. 

Chanyeol was the best friend of the oh-so-popular Byun Baekhyun, but he was never famous. People did what they did best and judged him all the time, making him never get the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter