Weekend

Definitively not the same

The little girl watched the clouds fly by in the blue sky. Her head tilted to the side, she changed the position she was sitting in, and her eyes lowered to the tree in front of her. Her eyebrows furrowed and she let her eyes lower down to the grass she was sitting on. Her fingers tugged at the grass strands, playing with the ones she now had in her hand before she dropped them.

 

“Blankets!” The shout coming from beside her made her look up, but she had no time to see who it was as the world around her became completely dark when something soft covered her head and body.

 

A frown appeared on her lips and she pulled the blanket that had been thrown over her off her body. She turned to the girl who now had taken a seat beside her. The girl had a wide grin on her lips and before she even could question why the girl had thrown the blanket on her a glass was held up in front of her.

 

“And lemonade!” The girl said.

 

She blinked her eyes and grabbed the glass from the girl’s hand. The girl never stopped smiling and when the glass was out of her hand, she scooted closer and wrapped the blanket that was around the other girl around herself as well.

 

“Now, let’s watch the clouds!” The girl announced and pointed to the now completely blue sky.

 

The two girls stared at the sky, waiting for one of the white cotton like things to appear, but nothing appeared. The sky continued to be blue.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s look for bugs instead!” The girl said when she figured no clouds would appear.

 

The girl with the glass of lemonade in her hands watched as the other girl had her eyes focused on the grass around them. Her eyes kept looking for any crawling insect, but she didn’t seem to find any.

 

The other girl took a sip of the lemonade and watched as the other girl continued to look for the bugs she never seemed to find. She blinked and lowered the glass from her lips. When the other girl never seemed to find any bug to amuse herself with, an idea popped up in her head, and she stretched out the hand with the glass in front of the other girl. The girl stopped her searching and watched as the girl titled the glass, letting some of the lemonade drop to the ground.

 

“Why did you do that?” The girl asked and turned towards her.

 

She nodded towards the spot, making the other girl turn towards it. It didn’t take long until ants had arrived at the spot, making the girl smile widely.

 

“How did you do that?” The girl asked amazed.

 

“Ants like sweet things.” She simply replied and continued to sip on her lemonade and watched as the other girl looked at the ants, completely immersed in what they were doing. She listened to the other girl as she told her about the six legged bugs, with a smile on her face.

 

 

---

 

 

The woman stirred in her sleep before she slowly opened her eyes. She blinked to take in her surroundings better. Making out something that looked like brunette hair in front of her a wide smile plastered itself on her face.

 

Her arm that was around a body of some sort tightened its hold and she moved herself closer to the person she was lying beside. She nuzzled her nose into the mass of brunette hair, she inhaled the smell of the person’s shampoo, and felt her heart warm up at the familiar scent.

 

She pulled away from the hair and raised her head up and looked down at the side profile of the person in front of her. Seeing the woman who was sleeping peacefully beside her the smile on her lips widened and she lowered her head down and planted a kiss on the woman’s cheek.

 

“Wakey, wakey, don’t leave me starring at you.” Jessica whispered into Taeyeon’s ear.

 

Taeyeon moved slightly at her words, but she didn’t open her eyes, which made Jessica smile. She continued kissing Taeyeon’s cheek, forehead, head, and lower to her neck.

 

“Sica…not the neck.” Taeyeon mumbled tiredly.

 

“Why not?” Jessica asked oblivious and continued to kiss the area the other woman had requested her to not kiss.

 

“You know why.” Taeyeon said and tried to make her stop by lightly pushing her away.

 

“No, I don’t know why.”

 

“You do.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“You do.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Jessica!”

 

“What?”

 

“Please stop…”

 

Jessica stopped covering Taeyeon’s neck with kisses and looked at the woman’s face now. Taeyeon was awake now, and was looking at her with a serious expression on her face. Jessica smiled when she had seen her mission in waking Taeyeon up had been successful. She grinned and lowered herself down to capture Taeyeon’s lips with hers.

 

“You’re awfully kissy this morning.” Taeyeon said when they had broken the morning kiss.

 

“Is ‘kissy’ even a word?” Jessica asked and tilted her head to the side.

 

“Now it is.” Taeyeon stated.

 

Jessica smiled at the woman who was lying beneath her. She continued to look Taeyeon in the eyes as her fingers tangled themselves in Taeyeon’s brown locks. Her smile widened and she noticed a small smile was forming on Taeyeon’s lips as well, which made her break out into a toothy grin.

 

“What’s with the smile?” Taeyeon asked even though she now also was smiling.

 

Jessica didn’t answer right away and instead lied down beside Taeyeon again. Both women were lying on their sides while looking into each other’s eyes. Jessica continued to grin like an idiot while Taeyeon smiled, and waited for Jessica to tell her why she was smiling so much.

 

“I missed this.” Jessica finally said.

 

Taeyeon blinked confused at Jessica’s words. She tried to figure out what ‘this’ was, and if her brain was still sleeping and that was the cause of her not being able to figure out what it was.

 

“This. Waking up with you like this. Spending time with you in the morning. Sharing this moment with you.” Jessica finally said.

 

“Oh…” Taeyeon nodded her head when she realized what Jessica meant. Her lips formed a sad smile as she continued to look at her fiancée who was still smiling widely. “We haven’t been able to spend much time in the morning when you got your job…” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yeah, because someone doesn’t wake up with when I wake up.” Jessica said.

 

A frown appeared on Taeyeon’s lips. Her expression only made Jessica smile wider.

 

“I don’t wanna wake up at five in the morning…” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yeah, I know. That’s why I don’t wake you up either.” Jessica said and leaned in and stole a kiss from the other woman’s lips. “But I do say goodbye before I leave, but I don’t know if you remember it.”

 

“I have a vague memory of you saying goodbye.” Taeyeon said after some thinking.

 

“I actually whisper goodbye in your ear and kiss your lips.” Jessica said.

 

Taeyeon stayed mum as she had no memory at all of being kissed in her sleep. Jessica seemed to figure it out as well, and a faked shocked expression appeared on the latter’s face.

 

“So anyone can kiss you in your sleep and you won’t notice it!” Jessica exclaimed.

 

“Who else but you would kiss me?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I don’t know. Your brother?”

 

“Ew!” Taeyeon kicked Jessica under the sheets, making the woman laugh and try to capture Taeyeon’s legs between her own before the woman kicked her. She captured Taeyeon’s hands before the woman pushed her out of bed, and she pulled herself closer to her till almost all space between them were erased.

                                     

“I was only kidding. No one but me would kiss you.” Jessica said. She felt Taeyeon relaxed, and she loosened her hold on the woman’s hands. “But you have very kissable lips, so if someone else wanted to kiss you I wouldn’t be surprised.” Jessica added later.

 

A blush formed on Taeyeon’s cheeks and the woman averted her gaze away from Jessica’s eyes. The action only made Jessica grin once again, and she kissed Taeyeon’s forehead before she completely let go of her hands and legs.

 

“It’s true though.” Jessica said and sat up in the bed.

 

Taeyeon didn’t say anything, and only turned to hide her blushing face in the pillow. The woman’s actions only caused Jessica’s grin to grow wider.

 

“I really like to kiss your lips.”

 

“Have you even kissed someone else’s lips?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Hmm…”

 

Jessica felt a fast movement beside her, and when she looked down she saw Taeyeon looked wide eyed at her. She blinked confused, and she got a raised eyebrow from the woman lying beside her.

 

“You’ve kissed someone else?!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

Jessica smiled warmly at her, and shook her head.

 

“No. I haven’t needed to kiss someone else. I’m very satisfied with the lips of the girl I love.” Jessica stated.

 

Taeyeon began to blush again and the woman hid her face against the pillow once again. It made a laugh escape Jessica’s lips and she patted her fiancée’s back before she got out of the bed.

 

She stretched her arms above her head before she walked towards the window in the room. Her eyes landed on the four flower pots that stood on the windowsill, a smile appearing on her lips as she saw the small plants growing inside of them.

 

“Our plants are growing!” Jessica said excitedly and turned around towards the bed. She got no response, and she discovered Taeyeon hadn’t moved in her position on the bed. She smiled warmly at the woman still in bed and she slowly made her way back to the bed.

 

“Hey, Taengoo-ah, let’s get up.” Jessica said and lightly shook the woman.

 

“Can’t we spend the day in bed?” Taeyeon asked and turned her head to look at Jessica that smiled at her. The woman shook her head no and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand.

 

“No, I have plans.” Jessica announced.

 

“You do?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yup. Now get up!”

 

Taeyeon let herself be pulled out of bed by the other woman to see what plans she had for them for this day.

 

 

---

 

 

Her head tilted back, her eyes taking in the leaves of the tree in front of her. The leaves swayed in the wind that blew past, making them rustle a little. A small shiver ran through her body and she wrapped the blanket around her tighter.

 

Seeing someone coming towards her she let her gaze go to the woman who was carrying a tray in her hands. A smile was on the woman’s lips as she took a seat next to Taeyeon and placed the tray in front of them. Taeyeon looked at what the woman had brought with her, it was two cups of what looked like hot chocolate, and two toasts.

 

She turned around to Jessica who now had wrapped the blanket around her body, and was smiling at her when she caught her looking at her.

 

“You know,” Taeyeon began and nodded towards the tray. “We could have done this inside, in bed.” Taeyeon stated.

 

“But that’s no fun!” Jessica stated and grabbed the two cups of hot chocolate. She handed one to Taeyeon while she cupped the other one between her hands. “This is more comfy, isn’t it?” She asked and tilted her head to the side.

 

Taeyeon turned away from the woman next to her. Her eyes went to the tree in front of them. She watched the leaves move in the wind, and the few clouds in the sky that flew past them. A small smile appeared on her lips and she turned back to Jessica.

 

“I guess it is.” She agreed.

 

She saw a wide grin appear on Jessica’s lips and the other woman turned towards the tree. Taeyeon felt Jessica scoot closer to her, and soon Jessica’s head was resting on her shoulder. The smile on Taeyeon’s lips widened and she leaned her head against the other woman’s.

 

“This reminds me of something.” Taeyeon later stated.

 

“Oh, what does it remind you of?”

 

“When we were younger, you used to drag me outside to this place, with blankets and lemonade, to just watch the scenery.”

 

A small giggle escaped Jessica’s lips which made Taeyeon turn towards her again.

 

“That’s exactly why I did this.” Jessica stated.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, and she returned to lean her head against Jessica’s while she thought back to the times she had been dragged outside to this spot to just sit in the garden to drink lemonade and watch clouds in the sky, and insects crawling in the grass with the woman beside her.