Morning

Definitively not the same

The little girl’s hand was brought up to the doorbell next to the front door, pressing it and listened to the bell sound it made. She let her hand fall down to her side, her lips widened into a smile as she waited for someone to open the door.

 

It didn’t take long, after just a few seconds she heard the front door unlock and a woman greeted her at the entrance.

 

“Good morning.” The woman told the little girl and stepped to the side to let the girl inside.

 

“Good morning!” The little girl said excitedly and happily skipped inside the house.

 

“She’s still sleeping.” The woman told the little girl that quickly removed her shoes. The girl smiled widely and turned to the woman that was smiling back at her.

 

“Okay! I’ll go and wake her up then!” The girl said and rushed towards the stairs in the house, leaving the woman to chuckle at her excitement.

 

The girl continued to run until she reached the door to the room she usually spent most of her time in when she visited. Her lips formed an even wider smile as she opened the door to the dimly lit room, her eyes quickly finding the lump that lied under the covers on the bed in the room.

 

She quietly closed the door before she made a dash for the bed, jumping up on it, feeling her body colliding with something else that emitted a tired groan of protest.

 

The covers moved and the girl was soon staring into another pair of brown orbs. The sight made her smile wider and she shifted a bit on top of the girl she just had woken up.

 

“Good morning!” She said excitedly.

 

She got no response as the girl just turned her head away from her. The action made her laugh and pull away to be able to pull the newly awoken girl up as well.

 

“C’mon Taeyeon! It’s the first day of school! You have to get up!” The girl said and grabbed the other girl’s hand to pull her up into a sitting position.

 

“I’m tired.” Taeyeon mumbled but let herself being pulled up into a sitting position nevertheless.

 

“No excuse! Your mom has made breakfast. Let’s go eat!” The girl said and jumped off from Taeyeon’s bed. She turned around towards the other girl, seeing she still didn’t seem like she would get out of bed she grabbed her hand and tried to pull her up.

 

“Jessica…” Taeyeon stayed firm in her position, trying to tug her hand out of the other girl’s as she felt like she wanted to rather stay in bed. At least for this time.

 

“Hmm?” Jessica tilted her head to the side, noting the slightly furrowed eyebrows on the other girl’s face which usually indicated something was bothering her.

 

“I don’t want to go to school.” Taeyeon said her hold on Jessica’s hand slightly tightened.

 

Jessica blinked, her expression softened slightly, and an assuring smile spread across her lips and she gave Taeyeon’s hand a small squeeze before she tugged on it.

 

“Don’t worry. It’ll be okay. I’ll be with you.” Jessica assured.

 

“What if we don’t end up in the same class this time?” Taeyeon continued still not letting herself getting pulled out of bed.

 

“It’s not the end of the world! I’ll just come visit you on the breaks. We’ll be fine!” The standing girl assured and grabbed Taeyeon’s other hand and pulled Taeyeon out of bed. The girl in bend finally relented and was soon standing on the floor.

 

“Really?” Taeyeon asked and eyed Jessica.

 

“Yeah, I promise. You’re my best friend, of course I would come visit you.” Jessica said and beamed a smile at the anxious girl.  

 

Taeyeon relaxed by the words. Jessica continued to smile at her and gave her hand a small tug.

 

“Let’s go eat breakfast. We’ll be late otherwise.” Jessica said.

 

Taeyeon gave in and followed the girl down stairs to get some breakfast before they would get ready to go to school together.

 

 

---

 

 

The brunette woman slowly opened her eyes after waking up after a good night’s sleep. One arm was draped over the waist of another woman that lied in bed next to her. A smile formed on her lips when she caught the sight of the other woman, and she tightened the hold around her, leaned closer and placed a small kiss against the other woman’s forehead.

 

The still sleeping woman didn’t move or make any sign of have woken up by the small kiss, and the woman smiled pleased by it, and carefully removed her arm around the companion in her bed and slowly got up.

 

She stretched the arms above her head and slowly made her way to the window in the room. The blinder were closed to keep the room dark, but a bit of light still shone through the small springs and filled the room in a dim light.

 

The woman stopped by the window and looked down at the plants that grew in the flower pots that stood on the windowsill. She smiled after checking the leaves and the soil of the plants. Pleased with how the plants looked she turned around and made her way back to the bed.

 

Instead of going to her side of the bed she went to the other woman’s side of the bed. She kept looking at the other woman for a few seconds before she let her body plop down beside the woman. Her arm wrapped around the body next to her and she placed her head against the other woman’s shoulder.

 

“Taeyeon,” Jessica whispered into the still sleeping Taeyeon’s ear. The latter made no movement or sign of waking up, making Jessica wrap her arms tighter around her body.

 

“Wake up.” Jessica continued and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. The action earned her a movement from the other woman. She smiled pleased and continued leaving kisses on Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Hey.” Jessica greeted the woman who now had opened her eyes and was now looking at her. Taeyeon only let out a tired sigh in response and turned her face away from Jessica, giving Jessica the chance to continue kissing her face.

 

“Jessica” Taeyeon breathed out when Jessica started kissing her neck. It made Jessica stop her actions and she distanced herself from the other woman and stared into Taeyeon’s eyes instead.

 

“Are you awake now?” Jessica asked with a smile. Taeyeon chuckled tiredly by the question and wrapped one arm around the woman who hovered above her now.

 

“Yes, I’m very awake now.” Taeyeon replied. Jessica smiled pleased and leaned down and kissed Taeyeon’s lips instead.

 

She broke the kiss and continued to stare at Taeyeon’s face. Her smile was still on her lips as her eyes wandered over Taeyeon’s features, admiring each detail of the face she saw every day. Her smile widened and she moved to lie down beside Taeyeon instead, the latter turned and they continued to stare at each other while lying face to face.

 

“Did you know you are beautiful?” Jessica asked and let her finger brush away a hair strand from Taeyeon’s face. The question and action made a blush creep onto Taeyeon’s cheeks, it made Jessica smile happily and she continued to trace the side of Taeyeon’s face with her finger.

 

“You…are the one that’s beautiful.” Taeyeon said after she had composed herself. The statement made Jessica smile and she leaned in and kissed Taeyeon’s lips before she leaned back and continued to admire her fiancée’s looks.

 

The couple continued to lie in bed while just staring at each other. Jessica smiling every now and then whenever she discovered parts of Taeyeon’s face she hadn’t noticed before, or other details about the woman she had missed to see.

 

“Hey, what do you think we should do today?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon’s left eyebrow rose and she stared Jessica in the eyes for a few seconds like she waited for the woman to answer her own question. But Jessica didn’t and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

 

“I don’t know. You’re the one with the ideas.” Taeyeon pointed out. Jessica smiled by the words.

 

“Yeah, but you’re the one that always protest against my ideas.” Jessica pointed out with the smile still remaining on her lips. It made Taeyeon frown and Jessica chuckled by the sight.

 

“Okay…” Taeyeon said after Jessica had stopped chuckling. “Let’s cuddle all day.” Taeyeon said and watched Jessica’s reaction.

 

The latter broke into a wide smile, her eyebrows raised and she looked almost excited by the idea. She shifted position in the bed, placing one arm around Taeyeon and made the woman lie closer to her. Soon the couple had their arms around each other and their legs tangled.

 

“You want to stay like this for the whole day?” Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon didn’t reply and stayed silent for a while. Jessica turned to look at her, and she noticed a blush on the other woman’s cheeks which made her break into a smile.

 

“Your face gives away your answer.” Jessica pointed out with a chuckle. Taeyeon didn’t verbally reply but just wrapped her arm tighter around Jessica who chuckled even more.

 

“Okay, we’ll be like this for the rest of the day.” Jessica said.

 

Taeyeon didn’t need to verbally say anything for Jessica to know that this was exactly what she wanted. That knowledge made Jessica smile to herself, and she leaned her head against the other woman and enjoyed the feeling of being close to her.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jessica asked after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Sure.” Taeyeon replied without needing to think.

 

“Why do chairs have legs but can’t walk with them like we can? Why hasn’t anyone invented a chair that can walk?” Jessica asked.

 

“That’s what chairs with wheels are for.” Taeyeon pointed out.

 

“No, no. I mean actually walking chairs. Like if you need to take a seat you just tell your chair that will come walking towards you. Wouldn’t that be cool?”

 

“Maybe. You should invent a chair like that.” Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica became quiet. The silence made Taeyeon look at her, seeing Jessica’s face she already knew what was going on inside Jessica’s head.

 

“Not today though, you can invent it in the future. Today you’re staying in bed with me.” Taeyeon pointed out.

 

Her words made Jessica snap out of whatever plan she had had for inventing that chair today. She smiled and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“Okay, today cuddling with you, tomorrow inventing new things.” Jessica said. Taeyeon nodded pleased and Jessica responded by wrapping her arm tighter around the woman.

 

And so they stayed for the rest of the day.