Sick

Will We Make It Work?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I wrote this for Vee because she was sick and she guilted me into writing it OTL

I hope you guys like it ^___^

Please excuse any errors... It's 6am here so >___<

 

“The number you are calling cannot be reached at the moment. Please try again later. Thank you.”

This was the third time today that Jiyong tried calling Seunghyun but got this annoying message. He knew Seunghyun was in the middle of a 36hr shift, but he thought he would at least keep his phone on. A sigh escaped his lips as he threw his phone next to him on the bed and snuggled further in the covers, hoping the warmth from the blankets will stop his shivering.

Summoning all his strength, he reached for the phone one more time.

 

 

 

“So where’s your roommate?”

Jiyong looked up from at the man standing next to the couch. “He’s working. He has a 36hr shift and he barely finished half of it,” Jiyong sighed. “He must be really busy because he didn’t answer when I called him.”

“How about your siblings?” the man asked, wetting a cloth and wringing it.

“I only have one sister and she lives Jeju Island,” Jiyong replied. “My parents are travelling.”

“Girlfriend?” the man asked as he applied the wet cloth on Jiyong’s forehead.

“Don’t have one,” Jiyong replied sheepishly. Well he didn’t ask if I had a boyfriend.

Dong Youngbae was the closest person Jiyong could think of to come and take care of him. He was a new neighbor that moved right across the hall from his and Seunghyun’s apartment a month ago. Jiyong met him a couple of weeks ago in the hall after getting home from work and they chatted a bit. He seemed like a nice guy so Jiyong told him he’d invite him to have dinner with him and his roommate.

They still didn’t get a chance to do that because Seunghyun rarely had free time and the free time he did have he spent sleeping.

Youngbae nodded silently as he moved to sit in the armchair next to the couch.

“How about you?” Jiyong asked after a minute.

“How about me what?”

“Do you have someone special in your life?”

“No…” Youngbae said, his voice a bit sad.

They stayed quiet for a while. Jiyong was starting to feel a bit drowsy from the flu medicine that Youngbae insisted on giving him. Jiyong hated taking pills, but he thought it would be rude to whine to a complete stranger so he took the pills quietly.

Youngbae stayed with him well into the night, changing the wet cloth on his forehead every now and then, checking if his temperature went down, and giving him his medicine on time. Jiyong was drifting in and out of sleep, barely registering when Youngbae shoved a few pills down his throat and brought a glass of water to his lips.

“You’re a good friend, Youngbae. And a good neighbor,” Jiyong slurred sleepily as Youngbae lifted him from the couch and walked him to his room. He pulled the covers, helped Jiyong slide on the bed, and tucked him in, bringing a pitcher of water and a glass to the bedside table.

Youngbae chuckled. “I want to hear you say that when you’re not high on flu medicine. I’ll write down what I did on a piece of paper before I leave. When should he be back?”

“He should be back any minute now,” Jiyong answered through a yawn.

“Okay cool. Then I’ll go home and come and check up on you tomorrow okay?”

Jiyong just hummed as he snuggled into the covers. Youngbae made his way out of the bedroom and to the front door. Just as he reached it, the door opened.

 

 

Seunghyun stood stunned for a while. Who is this guy? And what is he doing in my apartment? Oh my god is Jiyong alright? Did he hurt Jiyong? All these thoughts were running through his head as he looked at the man that was standing at the door of his apartment.

“You must be the roommate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter