Chapter 7

Best Friend's Boyfriend

Two months later, Jiyeon arrives back in Korea feeling really exhausted and out of energy. She didn't bother to tell Suzy about her return and just went straight home with her parents to rest. Jiyeon arrived back in Korea in the morning and she slept until 8 P.M. When she finally woke up, she called Suzy and Suzy was super happy upon knowing that Jiyeon was finally home. Jiyeon invited Suzy over so they could talk and hang out. Suzy came over immediately and upon entering the front door, Suzy couldn't help but automatically tell Jiyeon about her and Myungsoo. Jiyeon was in utter shock with her eyes and mouth wide opened and was unable to close the door because she was grabbing it tightly. Suzy stared at Jiyeon blankly and confusingly.

"Is somthing wrong? Why do you seem shocked? Aren't you happy for me?" asked Suzy.

"Oh...um...yeah of course I'm happy for you, congratulations. Nothing's wrong and why would I be shocked?" said Jiyeon, "I knew that you could get him to fall for you."

How could he do this to me? What in the world happened while I was away? I was planning on telling Suzy my feelings for Myungsoo and my confession to him, basically everything, Jiyeon thought.

Jiyeon was so deep in thought that she wasn't listening to anything Suzy was saying about how happy she was in the last two months. Suzy was smiling happily until she turned to look at Jiyeon and noticed she wasn't even paying attention.

"There is something wrong, isn't there? Why do you seem so distracted?" asked Suzy worriedly.

"No, no I'm fine. I'm happy for you," said Jiyeon half-heartedly.

"Alright, go ahead and try to lie to me," said Suzy sternly.

Suzy was a little bit upset at Jiyeon because she could tell that Jiyeon wasn't being her usual self and isn't talking about what's bothering her. Suzy started getting angry at Jiyeon and Jiyeon started arguing with her. Suzy was so angry that she stormed out and left. Jiyeon tried to call Suzy an hour later to apologize but Suzy didn't pick up. Jiyeon didn't want to bother Suzy so she just decided to go to sleep. Jiyeon spent the last month of summer by herself since Suzy was busy with Myungsoo and ignoring her. Suzy and Myungsoo was the typical happy couple. Ever since Myungsoo started dating Suzy, he hasn't spoken or seen Jiyeon. The day before school started though, Myungsoo encouraged Suzy to make amends with Jiyeon since they have been best friends for a long time. Suzy agreed and decided to call Jiyeon that night. Jiyeon was anxious when Suzy called and apologized immediately after picking up. They made amends that night and Jiyeon couldn't be happier. She didn't want a boy to get in the middle of their friendship.

I am going to forget all about Myungsoo. I am locking my feelings away. I can do this, Jiyeon thought.   

 

Sorry for making this chapter short. I wanted to leave the ending suspenseful. I also am a beginner at writing so I don't know how else to extend this chapter into more detail. Really sorry.