Chapter 2

Best Friend's Boyfriend

"Um.... I don't care if you ask Myungsoo out...um... why would I care right?" said Jiyeon while chuckling nervously.

Jiyeon never told Suzy that the guy she fell in love with freshman year was Myungsoo. Suzy has continuously asked Jiyeon who the lucky guy is, but Jiyeon just ignores her everytime. 

"Okay great, then I will go talk to him after class," said Suzy.

"Okay," chuckled Jiyeon.

Class ended and the bell rang for lunch. As Myungsoo was packing up, Suzy walked up to him, and Jiyeon just walked out without saying goodbye or looking at them. Myungsoo's eyes were fixated on Jiyeon while she walked out and was about to walk out to catch up with her, but Suzy stopped him.

"Hey there, I'm Suzy," said Suzy.

"Oh, hello, I'm Myungsoo and I know who you are," said Myungsoo.

"You do?" smiled Suzy.

"Yeah, you are one of the most popular girls at school and best friends with Jiyeon," replied Myungsoo.

"You know Jiyeon?" asked Suzy curiously.

"Yeah. We use to talk a lot during freshman year," replied Myungsoo.

"Oh, I didn't know that. Jiyeon never told me," said Suzy.

"Well...um... is there something you wanted to tell me or can I go?" asked Myungsoo, who was obviously not interested in Suzy and wanted to leave quickly.

"I wanted to tell you that I like you, and I hope we can go out some time," said Suzy.

"Oh....um...I would love to, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not attracted to you, but we can hang out as friends," said Myungsoo.

"You will like me someday, just wait," said Suzy confidently.

Suzy walks out of the classroom smiling while Myungsoo stands there dumbfounded. Jiyeon is waiting for Suzy at their lockers, and Suzy appears almost immediately calling Jiyeon's name.

"Jiyeon!" yelled Suzy excitedly.

Jiyeon turns around and said, "Oh, hey Suzy. What's with all the excitement? Did it go well with Myungsoo?"

"Well, he told me that he didn't like me, but we could be friends. And then I told him that he will like me and I left. I am going to make him mine," Suzy said smiling with confidence, "So to answer your question, I thought it went well."

"Oh okay, good for you then," said Jiyeon, "Now let's go eat lunch already because I'm starving."

They both walk towards the cafeteria to have lunch. During the walk to the cafeteria, Jiyeon was looking gloomy and had many thoughts running through her mind. After lunch, Jiyeon and Suzy went to their lockers to get their books for their next class, and then they went separate ways since they had different classes this time.

"Bye Suzy. I'll see you after school right? Coming to my house again?" said Jiyeon.

"Yup, you know it girl," smiled Suzy.

Jiyeon walked to the right and Suzy walked to the left. While Jiyeon was walking to class, she wasn't looking where she was going and accidentally bumped into someone and both of their books fell. That someone happened to be Myungsoo. When they both bent down to pick up their books, they accidentally touched each other's hand. Jiyeon felt shy so she immediately pulled away. Myungsoo was smiling sheepishly and helped pick up Jiyeon's books and handed them to her.

"Here you go, I'm sorry I didn't see you," said Myungsoo.

"Oh no, it's okay. It's my fault really. I wasn't looking where I was going," said Jiyeon with her head down.

"I wasn't either though so I guess it's both of our faults," said Myungsoo.

Jiyeon chuckled and said, "Yeah I guess so."

Jiyeon could feel her cheeks blushing and burning up, so she kept looking at the ground. Myungsoo was looking at her and smiling genuinely. He was blushing too, so for a few minutes, they were both looking at the ground. Until Myungsoo finally looked up and told Jiyeon that they should go to class before they are late. Jiyeon and Myungsoo have the next class together so they decided to go together. When they entered class, Myungsoo asked Jiyeon if she would like to sit next to him and Jiyeon replied with a shy nod. During the whole class time, Jiyeon and Myungsoo would write notes to each other in their notebook whenever the teacher wasn't looking. They have finally talked to each other again since freshman year. It was like nothing has changed between their friendship in the last two years. They continuously chat and laugh during class throughout the last week of school. They even say hi and good morning to each other everyday. When the last day came, Myungsoo and Jiyeon exchanged phone numbers to keep in touch during the summer, but sadly Suzy also got Myungsoo's number after continuously pestering him about it. Now it is officially summer and Jiyeon and Suzy went to the mall right after school to celebrate. Myungsoo on the other hand went straight home to spend time with his mother. Myungsoo's dad died one year ago, and he wants to take care of his mom during the summer.