Chapter 5

Best Friend's Boyfriend

Myungsoo was still at the beach after Suzy left. He was in deep thought, trying to process what just happened. Myungsoo sat there until it became dark. He got up and drove home. On the way home, Myungsoo couldn't stop thinking about the kiss with Suzy and almost kiss with Jiyeon. When he got home, he decided to call Jiyeon. When Jiyeon saw Myungsoo's caller ID, she was shocked and happy at the same time. She picked up and Myungsoo didn't say anything at first.

*PHONE CONVERSATION*

Myungsoo: Hello.

Jiyeon: Hey. What's up?

Myungsoo: Nothing much. Just needed someone to talk to so I can clear my head.

Jiyeon: Did something happened?

Myungsoo: Yeah. Suzy kissed me today at the beach.

Jiyeon: What? Really? Well... she does really like you, you know, so it's not that strange of her to do that, right?

Myungsoo: Why do you sound shocked? Jealous? I don't like her though.

Jiyeon: I am nnn-not jealous at aaa-all. What are you talking about?

Myungsoo: First of all, you are stuttering. Second of all, you seem tense and shy around me whenever we hang out.

Jiyeon: Not at all. You are mistaken. I have to go, bye.

Jiyeon hung up before Myungsoo could say goodnight. Myungsoo was smiling to himself and thinking about how cute Jiyeon was. Jiyeon immediately went to take a shower then sleep but couldn't fall asleep because she was smiling herself while thinking about Myungsoo. Jiyeon suddenly felt like she had to tell Myungsoo and Suzy about her feelings. This was the one time she can't give up her own happiness for her best friend. But sadly, she had to go on her family trip in two days and that means Suzy will be hanging out with Myungsoo for a whole month. So Jiyeon decided to tell Myungsoo her feelings before she leaves and tell Suzy after. Jiyeon then fell asleep while still deep in thought. In the morning, Jiyeon felt super nervous and happy for some strange reason. It must be because she is finally going to tell Myungsoo. First thing first, she finished packing for tomorrow and then texted Myungsoo to meet with her. Myungsoo was of course delighted when he saw Jiyeon's text and immediately agreed. When they met up, Jiyeon and Myungsoo greeted each other shyly. 

"What's up?" asked Myungsoo.

"Nothing. I have something important to tell you," said Jiyeon anxiously.

"Yeah okay. What is it?" asked Myungsoo curiously.

"Um...well...I like you. I have liked you since I first saw you freshman year," said Jiyeon while looking at Myungsoo nervously.

"Really? Seriously? Cause I like you too," said Myungsoo excitedly and in shock.

"Are you serious? I can't believe this. I thought you didn't like me at all," said Jiyeon.

Myungsoo and Jiyeon were both in shock and couldn't say anything to each other for a while, but they were both extremely happy. After a few minutes, Myungsoo looked up at Jiyeon, who was staring at the ground smiling, and grabbed her hand. Jiyeon looked up at Myungsoo shocked and blushing with embarrassment. Myungsoo intertwined their fingers together and Jiyeon couldn't stop blushing and smiling. Myungsoo thought she was super adorable when she was embarrassed. They walked around while holding hands and started talking, laughing, and smiling like a couple. After spending a day together, they both went home without finalizing their relationship. Jiyeon didn't care though because as long as she knew that Myungsoo likes her, she knows he won't date Suzy.