Chapter 6

Best Friend's Boyfriend

The following morning, Jiyeon got dressed to go to the airport. When she came downstairs, Suzy was standing there with a sad face. Jiyeon ran to her and hugged her tightly. 

"Don't worry, I will be back before you know it," said Jiyeon emotionally.

"Okay, don't forget to buy me a souvenir," said Suzy.

"I won't," laughed Jiyeon, "okay, I have to go before I'm late, bye."

"Bye. Have fun," said Suzy.

Jiyeon and her parents walked out to their car to load their luggage and Jiyeon went inside the car to make an important phone call. Jiyeon called Myungsoo and he picked up immediately. Jiyeon told him about her trip and how much she was going to miss him. Myungsoo said he would wait for Jiyeon until she returned to make their relationship official. Jiyeon was anticipating how Myungsoo was going to ask her out. They said their last goodbyes and hung up. Jiyeon was excited for the trip but also excited to quickly return. While Jiyeon was heading to the airport, Suzy was planning out what she was going to do for a month without Jiyeon. Suzy decided to hang out with Myungsoo for a whole month which she thinks is enough time to seduce Myungsoo into liking her. Jiyeon is obviously not aware of Suzy's plan so she doesn't feel worried about anything happening between Myungsoo and Suzy.

*JIYEON'S TRIP IN AMERICA*

Jiyeon arrives at LAX feeling a little bit jet-lagged but excited. Jiyeon has relatives in America so Jiyeon and her parents are going to stay at their house. Upon arriving at their house, Jiyeon takes a selfie to send to Myungsoo and Suzy. Jiyeon got a chance to explore a lot of different places. She enjoyed a lot of delicious food. There were also some guys who tried hitting on her but she happily rejected them. Jiyeon was only suppose to stay for a month but her relatives suddenly fell ill so they stayed for another month. Jiyeon texted Suzy and Myungsoo about it and they were both devastated but Myungsoo wasn't like his usual sweet self. Myungsoo sounded like a friend. Jiyeon gradually grew distant with Myungsoo because he suddenly stopped replying to her texts. Jiyeon started falling into depression and becoming distant with everyone. She rarely talked anymore and looked sad all the time. When it was time for her to go back to Korea, she wasn't excited about returning. Jiyeon didn't want to know what happened while she was away.

*END OF JIYEON'S TRIP*

While Jiyeon was away on vacation, Suzy felt a little bit lonely so she decided to call Myungsoo out. Myungsoo was hesitating about whether to pick up the phone call but he didn't want to seem rude so he ended up picking up the phone. Suzy kept asking him to hang out with her while Jiyeon was away. She kept saying she was feeling lonely and bored. Myungsoo, being the nice guy that he is, agreed after Suzy pleaded many times. They started hanging out almost everyday that it started questioning his feelings towards Jiyeon. Myungsoo still liked Jiyeon but he couldn't help but feel a connection with Suzy. Suzy could tell that Myungsoo was starting to act different around her and she was happy because she knew it was a sign that Myungsoo was falling for her. Myungsoo wouldn't deny it whenever Suzy asked him if he had feelings for her; he only ignored it and changed the topic. 

Am I falling for Suzy? I can't, I like Jiyeon but she has been away for quite some time now, Myungsoo thought.

Myungsoo didn't know it would end up like this. The next time he hung out with Suzy, which was during the second month Jiyeon was away and he had grown distant with Jiyeon already, he told Suzy that he might like her. Suzy was ecstatic when Myungsoo said those words. She jumped with joy and hugged him. 

Suzy is actually kind of cute and a nice girl when she isn't being her usual self, which is trying to seduce every guy, Myungsoo thought.

Myungsoo suddenly pulled away from the hug, held Suzy's hands, and looked straight into her eyes with a serious face. He then said, "Let's go out."

"Are you serious? Do you mean it?" asked Suzy dumbfounded.

"Of course I'm serious," said Myungsoo smiling.

So starting from that day, Myungsoo and Suzy have been going out. Myungsoo felt guilty towards Jiyeon but he couldn't stop his feelings for Suzy. Myungsoo is happy with Suzy and hasn't thought about Jiyeon for the past few weeks. Suzy feels absolutely blissful with Myungsoo. She has fulfilled her goal and couldn't wait to tell Jiyeon so she tried calling her but Jiyeon didn't pick up because she was on the plane flight back to Korea so Suzy just texted her.

Jiyeon is going to be so happy for me when she gets back, Suzy thought.