Chapter 4

Best Friend's Boyfriend

The next morning Jiyeon woke up early for some strange reason. It was 6 A.M. and she decided to surprise her parents and best friend with a delicious morning breakfast. First, she texted Suzy to come over to her house in an hour for a surprise. Then, she went to the restroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She then went downstairs to the kitchen to start cooking. Jiyeon decided to make a variety of dishes since this would be the first time she cooked for anyone ever since she started learning three months ago. After an hour, she set the table beautifully and placed the dishes on the table. Then the door bell rang and she opened it to see Suzy smiling, wondering what the surprise is. Suzy walks into Jiyeon's house and smells something absolutely delicious and then Suzy spots the homemade breakfast on the kitchen table. 

"Did you make that for me?" asked Suzy in shocked.

"Yeah. For you and my parents," said Jiyeon, "I cooked my first meal for you guys."

"OMG. This is the best surprise ever. You are the best, " said Suzy while hugging Jiyeon tightly.

"Okay. You are going to strangle me to death if you don't let me go," said Jiyeon in between breaths. 

After Suzy finally let her go, Jiyeon said, "Okay, now let me wake up my parents so we can all eat together."

"Okay," said Suzy.

Jiyeon went back upstairs to wake up her parents. She gently shook them and they woke up with curious eyes. 

"Why did you wake us up?" asked Jiyeon's parents.

"Um... I made breakfast for us," said Jiyeon, "Come eat after you wash up."

"What? You cook? haha unbelievable," said Jiyeon's parents, "We will be right down."

Jiyeon walks downstairs and five minutes later her parents come down. They become speechless when in sight of all the delicious food prepared by their lovely daughter. Jiyeon tells them to have a seat and they happily sit down and start eating. Suzy also starts to eat, and Jiyeon just sits there waiting for their opinion on the taste. 

"Wow! This is absolutely amazing," they all said.

"Really? Thanks. I will cook it more often for you," said Jiyeon smiling happily.

After breakfast, Suzy went home to spend a day out with her parents. Jiyeon bid farewell and promised her that they will hang out soon. Jiyeon's parents tell her to go out and enjoy a fun day of her own. She was hesitating at first but then she suddenly got a text from Myungsoo asking her to hang out. So she ended up meeting Myungsoo at a park. Myungsoo came first and was patiently sitting on a bench, waiting for Jiyeon. He was dressed casually but it still looked extremely hot on him. Jiyeon also dressed casually in a romper with a pair of cute sandals. She was approaching him and he was blown away by her beauty.

She looks super adorable, Myungsoo thought.

He looks so freaking handsome, Jiyeon thought.

"Hello," Myungsoo said shyly.

"Hey," Jiyeon said shyly back.

"So let's go somewhere," Myungsoo suggested.

"You choose," said Jiyeon.

Myungsoo ended up choosing to go to an amusement park, Disneyland. It was apparently Jiyeon's first time there so Myungsoo brought her to every ride and bought her cute gifts so she can remember her first time at Disneyland. It felt like a date because they were so lovey-dovey with each other but they still couldn't recognize each other's feelings. While walking around Disneyland, Myungsoo's hand accidentally brushed by Jiyeon's hand and they felt a spark and butterflies in their stomachs. They looked at each other and it was one of those moments where they knew there was some kind of connection. Myungsoo slowly went towards Jiyeon's face and she was frozen. He slowly came closer inch by inch but at that moment, Jiyeon's phone rang. They stopped and shyly looked away from each other. Jiyeon picked up the call and it was Suzy.

"Oh...um.. hhh-ey," said Jiyeon nervously.

"What's up? Why are you stuttering?" asked Suzy.

"Oh nothing. Why did you call?" Jiyeon asked back.

"I wanted to ask if you were busy or not. Hang out with me," said Suzy.

"What about your parents?" asked Jiyeon.

"They left early for business again," Suzy said.

"But I'm currently out with a friend right now," Jiyeon said.

"Who?" Suzy asked curiously.

"Myungsoo...," said Jiyeon nervously.

"Oh really?! Then let's all go together," said Suzy happily.

Jiyeon hung up and told Myungsoo that Suzy was going to tag along. Myungsoo didn't look happy but he agreed. When Suzy arrived, she immediately clung onto Myungsoo. Jiyeon tried to ignore it and suppress her feelings of jealousy. Suzy and Myungsoo walked ahead of Jiyeon again so she suddenly felt like leaving again because she didn't feel welcomed. Jiyeon decided to make up an excuse to leave. She told them that her parents needed her for some emergency and left. Myungsoo and Suzy continued to hang out.

"Let's go somewhere else," Suzy suggested.

"Sure, wherever you want to go," said Myungsoo.

"Let's go to the beach," said Suzy.

"Alright," Myungsoo said.

When they arrived at the beach, Suzy suggested that they go for a swim in their clothes. Myungsoo didn't want to but Suzy kept whining so he gave in. When they went into the water, Suzy pretended to drown and Myungsoo quickly swam to her and rescued her. Suzy thanked him and pecked him on the lips. Myungsoo was frozen and speechless. Suzy had a wide grin then left.