Prologue

You're Special

Jongin is proud to say that he lives the life he actually wanted.

 

To work at their own theater, where Taemin, his twin brother, writes the plot with his creative mind, while Jongin takes the role of choreographer to help the actors dance their way through the audiences hearts and mind, with the goal of giving the best musical experiences to all the people watching them.

 

They opened the Chonana Theater with the help of their parents', who also own twenty other theaters in South Korea and overseas.

 

Jongin once asked his twin, "Why Chonana? Does it have any meaning hyung?" and Taemin answered him with the most brotherly look in his eyes

 

"Because I want this theater to be filled with our loves for art, as much as I love banana milk and you love Chocolate, and yeah, you get the idea right?"

 

That day Jongin brought Taemin to the hospital to check his brain and mental state.

 

They choose Heyri Art Village as the location, a perfect little community of writers, painters and other artists just forty minutes from Seoul, and decided to performs musical twelve days a year, and hold open lessons and practices for the remaining days.

 

While his love life is close to nonexistence, he is quite happy with this kind of routine, except everytime he comes home to an empty bed and sleep alone, meaning everyday, so it's always a cycle of happy at work and sad at home.

 

And of course, who thought that the y looking main choreographer of the most famous theater in Heyri is actually a shy person who never asks someone to date. Jongin seriously doesn't look like the type who can't speak to his crush because he simply don't know what to say, but sadly, he is.

 

~

 

Jongin is already on his way to his theater from his apartement in Seoul when he receive a text from his twin,

 

From : Taenana Milk

Are you ready to rockkkk?! aksdfajsf

(good morning btw)

 

Jongin chuckles at Taemin's absurd text. He do understand why Taemin feels so excited though. Tonight their theater will perform their first ever rock themed musical play, a remake on Shakespeare's famous story, Romeo and Juliet.

 

He can't even think how his brother thought of that idea, or how the tickets actually sold out the moment they are posted on their website, but he sure know the Shakespeare mania of a brother he have will do his best to make 'Shakespeare-hyung'  works known to all the people in the world and---

 

From : Taenana Milk

Stop thinking you silly boy and just reply me D: !

 

Jongin sighs and quickly replied to his brother, knowing that one minute longer he doesn't reply his brother will probably come and wait for him at the bus stop to scold him for his number one weakness, thinking, which he should probably stop doing now because it's almost one minute and he still want to keep his manly pride.

 

To : Taenana Milk

I'm sorry hyung D: , good morning, I almost arrive so just tell the others to start warming up before the dance practice !

(and yes, I'm ready to rockk !! )

 

Jongin open the door to the practice room, a spacious wooden-floored studio with mirrors and build-in changing room and showers, and got a handful of his brother who, said by a witness, "flies from the other end of the room even before he opens the door," and attacks him with questions,

 

"Why did you take so long to arrive? I thought you got into an accident or something."

"Are you okay ?"

"Have you eat ?"

 

Laughters soon fills the room, mainly because it happens so often that all the people there has already been used to it, and also they know Jongin is only late for like five minutes and Taemin is just being a protective brother as usual.

 

"Okay, okay hyung, now you know that i'm okay, I'm not dying, I ate already, and I'm just late for a few minutes--,"

 

"but I'm worried" Taemin pouts,

 

"--let's calm down and start practicing okay ?"

 

Taemin takes deep breathes and then turns his attention to all the actors and actresses for the play and start briefing them.

 

"Good morning guys, you know tonight will be our very first, actually, our country first ever rock-themed Romeo and Juliet, Rock Me Romeo, and we will begin our last practice and do preparation to open our theater at 7 PM. So let's do our best! Are you guys ready to rock!?"

 

The actors all look at Jongin with questioning eyes, probably wondering how they should answer the director's question, so Jongin mouths "We are ready to rock!" to them and do random clapping motions, and soon all of them clap their hands and scream loudly like the true rocker they are supposed to act.

 

Taemin watches with great satisfaction and beams to all of them, then he quickly grabs Jongin by the arms and starts talking with a weird twinkles in his eyes

 

"Jongin-ah, let's go to the new exhibition!"

 

Jongin frowns and mumbled

 

"But you know i like to rest after a play, and since when are you interested in visiting an exhibition ?"

 

Before Taemin can open his mouth, Jongin adds.

 

"Is the exhibition about Shakespeares ? If so my answer is no"

 

"Gee, can't you listen to your brother for once before answering ? it's not about Shakespears Jong, it's something that you and I always need," Taemin said, finally releasing his grabs from Jongin arms.

 

"And what's that ?" Jongin asked, because aside from more success for their theater and a lover (or a crush, he's really desperate for love), he can't think about anything that he wants that can be obtained from an exhibition.

 

Taemin reaches into his pocket and takes out a phamplet, with a pretty blue floral background and a simple invitation written in golden letters.

 

"Treasure Exhibition, come and enjoy our humble little home of a hundred of professionally choosen treasures that the owners share to express their feeling and wishes... " Jongin reads and glance at his twin, who already attacks him with puppy eyes, and said,

 

"well, I'll come with you, but i still can't understand what can we get from the exhibition that I might really really want and--umphh!"

 

Taemin hugs his twin and laughs "Thanks Jongin! and I don't know how your dumb overthinking brain works, but choosen treasure almost means that it will be one of a kind, and when do you think the last time our parents' let us have diferrent items?"

 

Jongin thinks (shortly this time, bless him) and said "Never?"

 

"Ten points to Jonginpuff!" Taemin then claps his hand like a happy little boy and then checks the time and gasped "Oh, it's time for the dance practice, let's go and don't forget about our promise okay? The exhibition will be tomorrow at 2 PM so you can sleep in and rest without worries."

 

Jongin finds himself being pushed to the others actors by Taemin, who continues to give encouragements from the side ("Come on, let's show how Romeo rocks Juliet's world to the fullest.")

 

"Okay, let's do this guys!" the music starts and Jongin dance.

 

 

A/N : thank you for reading my first fanfic (and for my subscriber(s), you're awesome!) . Please point out my mistakes and maybe give me a constructive feedback in the comment :) .

And I'm sorry if my English is lacking, because I'm not an English speaker, but i tried my best.

The next and first real chapter will be posted this week :).

Thanks again and have a nice day !

xoxo