Five

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 5

 

A month later

Seohyun suddenly feeling dizzy so she stopped from checking her ledger, massaging her forehead before drinking some water. Lately she has always feeling lethargic. She feels like her energy has been drained and when she's back to her home after her work, she gotten straight to her bedroom and sleep without even eating dinner. She thought that she might have caught some bug that makes her weak. After her dizziness subsided a bit, she continued on doing her work.

"Boss... where do you want me to put this orchids?" A voice interrupted Seohyun from checking her ledger, she glanced up and saw Jong In smiled widely. He likes to by saying 'boss' once in a while when infact he usually just called her 'noona'.

Jong In is younger than her and also playful. When the first time she saw him playing with his siblings at the narrow alleys not quite far from her store, he got her attention and when one day she decided to secretly followed him out of curiosity, she was shocked to see his small house.

His family was poor, that she could evidently see. It sadden her somehow, thinking that a bright teenager like him was living like that. That's why the next day, she waited for them, and bravely encountered him, offering a job at her store. Of course he rejected at first, saying that she was bluffing. Like who would want to offer a stranger to work?

But the minute she say her store's  name, he realized that it was real as he past through it countless of time. She too persuade him by saying that a bit of extra money won't hurt as it could be helpful to his family. A few minutes later, he agreed. And that's how he started to work here and still worked here part-timely over the weekend and whenever he's free. Over the time he has become closer to her as a little brother that she never had.

"Ermm... I think over there on the shelves at the windows. It's easier to get it later when the customers come." She pointed at the spot.

"Okay..." Jong In nodded and walked away to get the job done. Suddenly her phone beeped, noting that a message has been received. She looked over, unlocked her phone, and saw that it was from Yoona.

Hyun... I'll go n visit u at ur store later. C ya! ^^

She frowned. Why would Yoona wanted to see her? She usually visit her at her house and rarely at her store. Seohyun just shrugged.

Since the day she gotten off the plane, back from the short trip with Luhan, Yoona hasn't gotten to see her or call her. And don't even start with Luhan. The time they have been spent together after her birthday was indeed enjoyable.

Yes, she admits that she wasn't that bored and Luhan accompanied her everywhere she go. For her, at that time, she felt like she's closer to him compared to before but the talk they had in the airport before actually seeing Yoona left her cold.

 

*flashback*

Seohyun keep on glancing on her side where Luhan was seated. She could literally feel that he was fidgeting and nervous the whole time in the plane. Actually she kind of sensed that something was wrong with him earlier this morning, the minute they woke up to be exact. She has woken up in his embrace since that fateful day. Even though she tried not to snuggle into him after that first day, she would still wake up with his arms around her waist. Usually by the short time they've woken up together, Luhan would greet her good morning and with a smile at that too.

But not today.

The minute she opened her eyes, she felt an emotion that was close to being satisfaction just by seeing his face, his closed-eyes. Her heart suddenly felt warm. She saw Luhan's eyes fluttered and opened, her lips started to smile but stopped after seeing his reaction. He flinched after seeing her, moved back, get up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom after shuffling his bag for his clothes.

Seohyun frowned. She wondered on  what's wrong with him giving her the cold shoulders treatment. She just shrugged at his actions, and went to pack her things. In the middle of her packing, her hands stumbled on the red cloth that her sister gave her to wear and the things that happened after that. Her cheeks beginning to feel warm. It's just embarrasing her to remember all of that. She then shoved the red piece somewhere inside her bag so that she wouldn't see it anymore. After a while, she finished packing her clothes except for the clothes that she was going to wear later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter