When you have a misunderstanding

Chanyeol One Shots

 

Requested by electricgrey

 


You were sitting alone in your room, listening to music and doing nothing but stare into space. You didn't have the energy to do anything, not after everything that had happened earlier that day.

 

"__________, can I talk to you for a sec?"

 

You look up to see your boyfriend calling you out while you're laughing with your friends during lunch. You reply with a confused "Okay."

 

You follow Chanyeol out of the cafeteria and into the empty hallway of lockers, silent due to the vacancy of the classrooms. He continues up the stairs that lead to the roof of the school and he opens the door, you following close behind.

 

He stops walking but doesn’t face you. You stand there, confused as to why he would interrupt your lunch. Not that you mind, but he usually lets you have time with your friends during the school day since you spend most of your free time together otherwise.

 

“Uh, is there something wrong,” you ask.

 

He doesn’t respond and still doesn’t look at you. You walk closer to him and position yourself to face him. You repeat, “What’s wrong, Chan?” You examine his face and he has a slight frown on his face and he avoids your gaze.

 

“I think we should take a break for a while,” he says softly, almost a whisper.

 

At first, you stood there, unable to speak. Emotions of sadness welled up inside of you, and tears slowly started to form in your eyes. You had thought that your relationship with Chanyeol had going really well and that there’’d be no way the two of you would be breaking up so soon.

 

But maybe not as well as you thought. You recalled how the other day your friend had made a comment about Chanyeol and how she thought she saw him with another girl during the weekend you were out of town.

 

Now instead of sadness, feelings of anger started bubbling inside of you. You were in shock due to the fact that Chanyeol would be breaking up with you. You thought that if anything it would have been the other way around, considering what your friend told you.

 

“And why do you think we should take a break,” you ask, making sure your voice doesn’t crack while you speak.

 

He finally looks into your eyes, his eyes red from what may have been lack of sleep or crying. “I think you know why.”

 

You scoff at his response. “No, I don’t know why. That’s why I asked. If anything, I should be the one breaking up with you,” your voice slowly growing into a yell. “Yeah, Mi Yun told me about that girl you were seeing while I was gone. What’s that all about, huh?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrow at your response. “__________, you don’t-”

 

Chanyeol was interrupted by the sound of the bell, signaling the end of lunch. “Whatever, it’s fine. Just go to class,” you say coldly, turning away from him as you walk. Instead of letting you continue to leave the roof, Chanyeol jogs over and grabs your arm.

 

“Hold on, _________-ah. Let me explai-” You yank your arm away from him, still refusing to look at him now that tears have started to fall down your face.

 

“I don’t care, just leave me alone.” And with that you abandoned Chanyeol on the roof.

 

You didn’t see Chanyeol for the rest of the day after lunch, and you left school as quickly as possible to get home. You got home and didn’t touch your homework. You just sat alone in your room, listening to a playlist of heavy metal music.

 

You checked your phone to see what time it was, and you saw that it was still pretty early in the evening. You also noticed that you had no missed calls or texts from Chanyeol. You unlocked your phone and opened the messages. You clicked on Chanyeol’s name and started typing, but stopped mid sentence. You shook your head and turned off your phone. You didn’t want to talk to him anymore, you were done with the drama that you dealt with today.

 

You threw your phone on your couch and took out your homework. You also your TV to keep you distracted in case, so that you wouldn’t think about your phone and resist the temptation to text Chanyeol.

 

You were about an hour into your homework when the doorbell rang. You looked at the time on the wall clock and saw that it was 9:30 PM, about the time that your mom came home from work. You smiled and jogged over to the door, thankful that you would now have someone to talk to about your day.

 

You unlocked the door with a smile, and opened it wide for who you thought would be your mom. But the person on the other side was a lot taller, with broader shoulders, and his shorter hair was combed over. “Can we talk?”

 

You wanted to slam the door in his face. You didn’t want to listen to anything he had to say. But the unselfish part of you came out and remained silent, turning around and leaving the door open for Chanyeol to come into your apartment. He walked in and closed the door behind him gently. “Is your mom home yet?”

 

“No,” you said bluntly. You walked back to the sofa to check your messages. You had a missed call from your mom and a text that said she was going to be late. Well .

 

“I brought food with me just in case you haven’t eaten yet,” Chanyeol said, holding a plastic bag up with what looked like boxes of food. He placed them on the table and opened some of them, letting the smells of the warm food flood the small apartment. Meanwhile you were curled up on your couch, surfing through the channels to see what was on. Or, to make it look like you were busy so that you didn’t have to talk to Chanyeol.

 

You could hear Chanyeol working in the kitchen, getting plates and utensils in the cabinets and drawers. He knew his way around since he would often come over when your mom worked late, and he often brought food with him since you didn’t like cooking.

 

“Here,” Chanyeol said as he held out a plate of spaghetti in front of you. You took the plate and placed it on your lap, not touching the fork. He sat on the other end of the couch and slowly began eating, watching the TV intently as he chewed. Silence enveloped the two of you, creating an awkward atmosphere.

 

“Do you like it?” Chanyeol broke the silence after he finished his food. You had only taken one or two bites of your food, your plate still on your lap. “Yeah, it’s good,” you responded.

 

“I’m going to start talking while you finish your food,” he said, slightly adjusting his position on the couch to face you. You could feel him gazing intensely at you, but you refused to look at him and keep your eyes locked on the TV.

 

“First off, I take back everything that I said today. It was all a really bad misunderstanding. I had heard from Chen that he saw you with some other guy a few weeks ago and I took him seriously. But being the little troll that he is, of course he was joking. So that was my fault.”

 

You scoff at his story and shake your head, as he continues. “I also talked to Mi Yun and explained to her that I was just walking around with my sister when she saw me that weekend you were out of town. I ran into my sister at one of the cafes, and I had no idea she was in town so I just spent the day with her.”

 

You threw Chanyeol a suspicious look. “Really? You didn’t know that your precious noona was in town? That’s surprising.” Chanyeol pulled out his phone and glowed. He tapped the screen a few times and showed you a picture. “See?”

 

You had seen pictures of Chanyeol’s sister before, and since they looked alike you knew it was her in the picture right away. You took a look at the date on the top of the pictures and sure enough, it was dated at the time you were gone. You felt your face heat up because of the embarrassment of the mistake you made. No, of your friend’s mistake. And actually believing what you heard.

 

You started giggling, and your giggle slowly grew into a loud laugh. Eventually Chanyeol joined you and the two of you were laughing your heads off at nothing. In the break of one of your laughs, you barely spoke,“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry Chanyeol! I can’t believe Mi Yun mistook your sister!”

 

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close to him, still chuckling at the whole situation. “It’s totally fine, I’m just glad this whole misunderstanding was sorted out. I missed you.”

 

You looked at the time on your phone and snorted. “For like 4 hours?”

 

Chanyeol snuggled in closer to you and closed his eyes, resting his head on your shoulder. “Just not being with you at all makes any time feel like forever.”

 

You smirked because of his cheesiness, but wanted to a little so your face changed into a pout and you pushed him off you. "But I definitely can't forgive you for believeing someone like Chen. Seriously? I thought you were a smart giant."

 

Chanyeol pouted back and tried to pull you in again but you didn’t budge. “I know, but he sounded so convincing. And Baekhyun kept commenting so the two of them made it sound really believable!”

 

You stood up and took your plate to the kitchen. “Yeah then you go date one of them instead of me,” you joked. After you spoke, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around your waist and pecked you on the cheek.

“But then I wouldn’t be able to do this to you and see your beautiful face everyday.” You squirmed out of his embrace and made fake gagging sounds. “Ew, cheesiness!” You ran away from him and he chased you around the house, tickling you from behind. The two of you were both happy that the stupid misunderstanding was now behind you.