When you come back from overseas

Chanyeol One Shots

 

Requested by Hustler

 


 

As you made your way down the terminal, you could feel your heartbeat ringing through your ears from nerves slowly building up. You were about to see your boyfriend for the first time in months since you left Korea to study overseas.

 

Of course the two of you had kept in touch, but only through Kakao and very rarely did you skype. You had cut your hair since the last time you saw him through your phone screen, and you were buzzing with excitement at being able to be in his presence once again.

 

When you exited the gate, at first you didn’t see your precious giant anywhere. There were a lot of people waiting for their other occupants of the plane to come out, so it was hard to find him.

 

“__________-ah!”

 

You turn to the sound of a chorus of voices yelling your name and you smile to see a large group of boys smiling and waving at you, led by Chanyeol at the front. You quickly run over to them, dropping your bags in the process as you are met halfway by Chanyeol and jump into his arms. You giggle when he pulls you up and spins you around.

 

He stops abruptly and plants a kiss on your cheek. “I missed you so much,” he whispers. In return you smile and give him a light peck on the lips. “I missed you too.”

 

“Sorry __________, at first we didn’t recognize you because your hair is so short,” Chanyeol says when he finally puts you down. He pushes a strand of hair behind your ear and smiles. “I really like it.”

 

“Thank you,” you say quietly and you feel your face blush from his words. Even though the two of you have been dating for quite some time, your heart still went crazy whenever he complimented you or did something sweet. That same feeling that you had when you had a crush on him in high school still lingered and was permanently in you.

 

“Aish, first time seeing each other again and that’s all you say,” you hear Baekhyun say behind you.

 

You totally forgot that the guys were there and you turn around to face them and cross your arms. “Yah, why are you here anyway,” you snap back.

 

“They wanted to come, I tried to stop them but they wouldn’t listen to me or Suho,” Chanyeol said with a sigh.

 

“Yup, we wanted to see our precious noona again,” Chen says and he gives you a big hug on one side, followed by Baekhyun on your other.

 

“Yah, get off her,” Chanyeol yells when he tries to pull them off of you. You laugh as Chen and Baekhyun constantly avoid Chanyeol, and the others laugh at Chanyeol’s struggle.

 

“Okay guys, I think that’s enough,” Suho suddenly steps in and gives Chen and Baekhyun a stern look, causing them to let go of you. His expression suddenly changes to a smile when he turns back to you. “We were hoping that we could all go to dinner together as a welcome home present from us.”

 

You look at Chanyeol and from his expression you could tell that he was still annoyed at Baekhyun and Chen. You give Suho a sad smile, “Thank you for the offer Suho, but maybe tomorrow or something.” You grab Chanyeol’s hand and smirk when his when his expression suddenly changes to a happy one.

 

“I should spend some time with this bipolar elf,” you whisper to Suho. You suddenly let out a long yawn, “That, and I’m terribly jetlagged from my flight.”

 

“That’s fine, I’m sure the guys would understand,” Suho chuckles. “You two enjoy yourselves.”

 

Chanyeol squeezes your hand and slowly pulls you away from his friends. “We will hyung!” You wave at the others who are trying to catch up with you and Chanyeol, but Suho was blocking them and explaining what was happening as they waved back with sad looks.

 

“So, how should we celebrate your return,” Chanyeol asks, pulling you closer to him as you continue to walk to his car.

 

“Hm, I don’t kno-” your sentence is interrupted by another long yawn and you feel your eyes start to feel droopy. “I guess a celebratory nap,” you say.

 

Chanyeol chuckles and kisses the top of your head. “Sounds like you definitely deserve one.”

 

You get to his car and he opens the door to let you in and jogs back to the other side to get in. On the car ride back, he talks to you about things that happened while you were gone as you tried your hardest to keep yourself awake.

 

When Chanyeol turned off the car when you arrived at your apartment, he found you fast asleep in your seat, drool slowly falling out of your mouth. He smiles and whips out his phone to take a picture, the phone making a loud clicking noise that causes you to stir. Luckily for Chanyeol, you didn’t wake up and he lets out a sigh of relief.

 

He jogs over to the passenger door and opens the door, slowly and carefully carrying you out of the car. He slowly walks up the stairs to your shared apartment and struggles to open the door with you in his arms, but he gets it open with time. He walks into your bedroom and gently places you on the bed, gently tucking you in the covers and moving your hair out of your face.


“Welcome home,” he whispers, and he gently kisses your forehead and closes the door.