When you work at a coffee shop part 2/2

Chanyeol One Shots

 

Requested by 4evaShineeluv

 


One day as you were talking to Chanyeol about the time you sprained your ankle in soccer, a very familiar face walked in through the door, causing you to stop talking. “Yeah, and then what happened,” Chanyeol asked, waiting for you to finish your story. You quickly got up, not removing your eyes from the man who walked through the door, “Uh, sorry it’s gonna have to wait.”

You jog over to the man who patiently stood at the end of the line. You quietly sneak around him and jump on his back, causing him to almost fall over, “Oppa! You’re back!” He quickly regains his footing and supports you on his back, chuckling from the sudden attack. People around you stare at the sudden disturbance, but you didn’t care. You knew everyone still loved you.

Your older brother puts you down and ruffles your hair. “How have you been, __________? It’s been so long since I’ve last seen you.” Your older brother, Suho, had moved away earlier that year to go to university, and since then he rarely visited since he was so far away. The two of you were really close when he still lived with your family and you always loved how much he cared about you.

“I’ve been fine. I’ve been working here everyday,” you say as you gesture towards the rest of the coffee house. “That’s good, my little sister keeping herself occupied during her break with important things instead of boys,” he chuckles. You laugh along with his comment and suddenly remember that you held up Chanyeol. You turn back to the table that he usually sat at, only to find it empty. You didn’t see Chanyeol leave, but he probably had to go, you thought to yourself.

“What are you looking at,” Suho suddenly says, sticking his face next to yours to see what you’re looking at. You shake your head and give him a big grin. “Oh, nothing. Just admiring the coffee house again.”

~~~

“Aish, what happened to the sunny weather?”

You looked out one of the windows and watched the sheets of rain continuously falling from the sky. Earlier that morning it was sunny, but the weather suddenly changed into heavy rain coming out of no where.

“I know right? Ugh, traffic is going to be terrible when I go home,” your coworker mumbles to  herself as she continues to mop the floor. “Why don’t you go home now? I can finish closing up,” you say to her. You lived down the street, so you would be able to get back home quickly.

“Really? Are you sure that’s okay,” she asks with a worried expression. “I don’t want to burden you, you do so much work here already!” You wave her off and take the mop from her. “Yes, it’s totally fine! I love to work, and I live right down the street so I’ll be able to get home quickly. Just go ahead.”

She thanks you and runs to the back to the employee exit. You sigh as you continue to mop the floor, going around the shop to make sure all of the spots are covered. After you finish mopping, you go back around and rearrange the chairs to their proper tables. You notice that one table had one extra chair, so you take it and try to find which table it belonged to. Your eyes eventually drifted to the table that Chanyeol usually sat at, only now it had been completely empty for the past week.

After the day Suho came to visit, Chanyeol hadn’t come back to the coffee shop. It worried you since you weren’t sure why he left. You had lost many customers before, but it hurt you even more that Chanyeol would stop coming. You wanted to see him, but him not coming back also made you worry that you did something wrong.

You shake off the thought and go to the back to turn on some music in the house to entertain you while you worked. You moved to the beat, dancing around with the mop as you sang along to the song.

A loud knock on the front door startled you and made you drop the mop. You run to the door to see who in the world would be out in the rain. When you see his face, your jaw drops and you quickly unlock the door to let him in.

“What in the world are you doing out there Chanyeol? Do you want to get sick,” you yell as he walks in, making a mess of the floor that was just cleaned.

"Sorry, I was at a store down the street and I didn't know it started raining. I usually take the bus, but it won't be here for a while because of the rain," he chuckles as he starts shivering in place. You quickly run to the back and grab some towels for Chanyeol to dry off. "Go sit down, I'll get you something warm."

He doesn't respond and you quickly run to the bar to make him some hot chocolate. As you heat up the water, thoughts race through your head. You haven't seen Chanyeol in a while, and now he suddenly appears out of no where. On top of that, the two of you are all alone in the coffee house, the thought making your heart skip a beat.

You finally finish making the drink and bring it over to Chanyeol, who is sitting at his usual spot. "Thank you," he says as you place the drink on the table. You awkwardly stand there as you watch him drink the cocoa, your eyes taking in every inch of him.

Chanyeol's gaze suddenly shifts to you and you freeze in place, your heartbeat quickening. "Uh," you start as you slowly back away from the table, "I'm gonna go turn the music off," you say. You turn away but he suddenly grabs your wrist and gently pulls you back.

You face Chanyeol again, his eyes deeply staring into yours. "I'm sorry I haven't been coming recently. I've gotten really busy so I haven't had time to come in like I usually do," he said apologetically.

You flash him a smile. "Oh no, it's fine. I was just afraid that you weren't coming because I did something wrong, or you didn't like it here."

He chuckles nervously and avoids eye contact after your comment. "Well, I guess seeing you with that guy that day kinda made me leave," he mumbled.

You stand there, confused by his statement. You thought back to the last time you saw Chanyeol, and how that day Suho had visited the coffee house. Your eyes widen when you realize that he was jealous of seeing you with someone else, but you also chuckle from his assumption with you and your brother.

"What's so funny," Chanyeol asks, confused by your reaction.

You hit him in the head gently with your palm. "Pabo, that's my older brother. He moved out earlier this summer and I haven't seen him since."

Chanyeol's ears turn a light pink color and he looks at the floor. "Oh."

You giggle and turn again to turn off the music when he suddenly wraps his arms around your waist, once again restraining you and causing your heart to race.

"Then that means I can do this right," he whispers softly in your ear, gently swaying your bodies from side to side to the beat of the gentle jazz playing in the room.

You open your mouth to say something, but then close it and give in to his movement. The two of you dance around the room for a while until he gently turns you around to face him. "You know I've liked you for a while, __________. Ever since I first saw you behind that counter, I knew that you were the one for me."

You instantly blush from his words and feel yourself smile from his confession. You were filled with so much happiness from his words. "I like you too," you whisper.

He gives you a gentle smile and slowly inches his face towards yours, placing a delicate kiss on your lips that causes the entire world to go silent. You knew you had for Chanyeol a long time ago, but not this hard. He pulls away from the kiss and takes your hand, resting his forehead against yours. "I think the rain stopped."

You look out the window and see the sunlight streaming through the clouds. You smile and quickly run to the back of the shop to finally finish up closing. You grab your coat and run back over to Chanyeol, linking your arm through his. "Let's go before it starts raining again."