Come Back Home to the Past

Sticky Notes

“Yi Fan-hyung, we’re heading out now!” Jongin shouts from the door whilst Jongdae waits for him outside. They were heading out to see their eldest brother after how many years of being apart and only having skype and emails as their only means of communication. 2 years is a very long time, and the thought of their brother unchanging was terrifying.

 

‘Has he recovered?’

‘Has his memories…...’

 

 

 “Come back as soon as you see him, okay? We wouldn’t want any more to deal with while you guys are on vacation!” Kris shouts equally as loud, mumbling colorful profanity at how the main lead was stupid enough to be fooled by the bad boyfriend as he squeezes Zitao on his lap in frustration. At this point, Zitao was just plain sobbing at the fact that his ship was not sailing.

 

Huang Zitao, or Tao for short, is the son of the man who owns the dormitory building that they were currently occupying. Kris and he had met during a social gathering for a fashion show. The moment Tao had stumbled into Kris’ arms after tripping over thin air and making direct eye contact with the blonde’s piercing eyes, everything started twinkling and shining around them; as if they were suddenly in their own secret little world. In their point of view it was quite the romantic and heart-warming experience. On the other hand, it was an embarrassing sight for all the members of EXO that they started denying even having knowing with the tall Canadian trying to have his moment.

Since then, they’ve been in contact especially because Tao had also been working in the fashion industry as a fashion designer. He was the one who had offered to house them even before the group gained their popularity.

 

He was also the one who welcomed the group a few minutes earlier, holding a variety of balloons in one hand. Unfortunately for EXO, it was all for Kris. 

 

 

“Say hi to Minseok-hyung for us, kay?” Kyungsoo peeps from the wall.

“Tell him we miss him so much! Drag him back as soon as possible!” Baekhyun piles on top of Kyungsoo’s head, grinning like he had won a million bucks.

“Tell him I miss him the most!” Chanyeol, without mercy, positions himself on top of the two midgets, effectively bringing them down to the floor. They fall down like a bunch of bowling pins, their limbs tangled to a twist.

“Strike” Jongdae whispers.

He hears his brother snicker beside him.

 

“GET OFF OF ME YOU LITTLE S.“

“ YOU AND YOUR FATS BYUN BAEKHYUN.”

“You guys are so squishy.”

Oh, we’ll show you squishy Chanyeol, but first get the off of us-“

 

The racket continues as the Kim siblings sweatdrop by the entrance.

“Come on Jongin, leave them be. We wouldn’t want to be late. I really want to see him already” Jongdae pulls his sibling’s collar and drags him out. They walk together, not uttering a single word as they journey through the familiar pavement. It was the same path they used to take when they were still studying here.

 Naïve

 

 

 

 Unknowing

 

 

 

Oblivious

 

Jongin slips his hand into his brother’s, startling the elder from his dark thoughts. They continue to walk towards the junction section. Jongin sneaks a glance and immediately looks forward again as he tries to phrase his words correctly.

 

 

“Are you scared, Dae-hyung?”

“Why would I be?”

“You’re trembling”

 

Jongdae tightens his grip as he bites his lips in nervousness, a bad habit he’s never gotten rid of since childhood. He couldn’t help but be scared especially because he has done something cowardly.

 

He ran away.

He left his own blood to suffer alone.

 

 

All because he was scared of hurting his brother more.

 

He was young. He was stupid, and he wanted to make up for it.

“I-“

 

A car pulls up beside the two, making them freeze in their tracks.

“Paparazzi? Are you ting me?” Jongin hisses.

“Too bold and aggressive,” Jongdae mumbles under his breath sneaking a glare at the intruder.

As the window slowly reveals the one inside, the siblings’ breaths hitch.

“Holy Hell.”

“Suho-hyung!”

“You guys look like you need a lift and some good amount of ice cream.”


 

 

 

 

“So… you guys want to start telling me why the two of you, who are supposedly in China working, are now right behind me looking like lost children.” Suho looks at the Kim siblings from the corner of his eye through the mirror. He scans the appearance of what had physically look like the top models of an international label, but to good-old-Suho, they seem more like soldiers marching to their death beds with their grim expressions moments ago.  Now the two sit obediently behind him, hands clutching their designer jeans like it was second hand.

 

“We… we’re on vacation now… was about to go back home to meet…. Minseok-hyung...” Jongin says hesitantly. He tries to refrain from indirectly looking at his hyung’s eyes.

“I see… if you’re going to meet Minseok… he won’t be at home.” Suho says calmly, trying to decide whether he would take the turn leading to the local private school or the turn leading to Minseok’s home, their home. He hums in thought.

“M-Minseok-hyung doesn’t live in the old house anymore? H-he moved?” Jongdae stutters this time. Guilt was eating him from the inside ever since he stepped foot in Korea and it was getting a lot worse as he processes the information Suho feeds him.

“Yeah, he decided to leave the house because it was doing him no good. Mr. and Mrs. Kim have assigned me to live with him until he decides to come back….or rather, until he succumbs to them…” Suho whispers the last part. Jongdae slumps unto the backseat further, wallowing in self-pity. Suho decides to turn left where Minseok’s school was located. He figures it would also be where the two will be studying if they plan to take a year off from modelling.

“It’s my entire fault! If only I hadn’t have left him after the incident! This matter would have never reached this point.” Jongdae takes a fist full of hair and begins to bang his head unto the front seat.

“Don’t beat yourself too much kid. We all know that nobody out of all of us could do anything for Minseok, the poor boy. It took so much out of him; it was a nightmare. You could never blame him for his reaction”

 

Suho parks in front of the school gate and waits for Jongdae to calm himself.

“Hyung do you think Minseok-hyung will ever forgive me?”

“I have faith in him Jongin, Jongdae. He was always the most forgiving out of all us anyway.”

“Even if I was the reason his fiancée was declared to be in coma and had to be brought to America to be treated?”

Suho twists back to pat Jongdae’s head.

“Let’s all have faith. Now go and fetch your brother from school. He’s in Class 2, Senior.”

The siblings climb out of the car, trying to calm their unstable heart rate. They give Suho a last look before disappearing into the mob of hurrying students.

 

 

Suho slumps into his seat.

“He was never angry Jongdae…. Because he always thought that he had been the reason why Sehun was in coma.”


hELLO

omg WHY how did it come to 105 subbs.....

But I thank you all :>>>>
I really appreciate all of your support and I hope I havent disappointed you guys with my long absence :(


I cannot explain how stupid I feel right now.

 

 

Look forward to the next chapter!

Until then,
SnowySpring


P.S. 

My lovely beta once again, many thanks!

 

edit:( 08/25/14)
Did anybody question how did Zitao get there because I wanted to bang my head when I saw it