The Run off Prince, the Left Behind, and the Angry Deer

Sticky Notes

As soon as the bell rang signaling lunch echoed through the hallways, every student launches for the only escape route to all evil. The floor momentarily shook as the students, along with the teacher who inconspicuously camouflaged into the crowd, stampeded out the small frame. In a matter of minutes, the classroom, that was once full, was now vacant as if nobody had even stepped inside in the first place. 

 

 

“Well…that was unusually fast” Luhan said, blinking rapidly at the rare sight.

“Boy, everyone must have wanted the lunch special today,” Xiumin adds chuckling softly into his hand.

 

Luhan shoots him a judging stare, “Nobody, and I mean nobody, eats the lunch special primarily because it taste like , Xiumin.”

 

“Says the person who brought stinky tofu for lunch.”

 

“Hey! In my defense it actually tastes good despite the smell! At least I’m not the one who brought extra strong smelling kimchi!” Luhan snaps his fingers sassily.

“I’m Korean, Luhan. All is lost when I dare not touch kimchi,” Xiumin, in return, gives him the I’m-judging-you-so-hard-right-now- look.

 

The two lock their gazes on each other, battling out the endurance of their eyes.

After a mere minute, Luhan turns away with pearls of tears.

“Ah! I blinked!” he rubs his sore eyes as Xiumin bursts out laughing.

“C’mon, Luhan. Let’s head to the rooftop before somebody gets there first,” he grabs his lunchbox with his left hand and Luhan’s wrist with his right, pulling the deer towards the door. Luhan hurriedly grabs his own lunch before allowing his arm to be pulled by his new found friend.

As they were walking down the hall talking, somebody had collided with Xiumin, knocking both he and Xiumin to their bums. The student immediately stands up to pull up the later. Patting each place, checking everywhere for injuries. (No. No pats guys)

 “I’m so sorry, sunbae! I didn’t mean to bump into you!” the younger bows in a ninety degree apology.

“It’s fine! Really! You don’t have to apologize. It was my fault for not looking where I’m going. Raise your head… uh…. Name please?” Xiumin scratches his head sheepishly.

The younger looks up a while, before standing with straight posture and a flaming charisma.

 

Xiumin slightly closes his eyes at the imaginary glow radiating from the younger.

 

“Sehun. Oh Sehun, Xiumin-sunbae” Sehun says stiffly, keeping his long limbs at bay.

“Sehun,” Xiumin hums thoughtfully.

 

“Come on, Xiumin! We need to get going!” Luhan shouts from a distance, being uncharacteristically agitated at something as he taps his right foot impatiently.

“Okay! Sheesh!” Xiumin turns to Sehun and pats him on the chest. “Are you sure you’re okay Sehun? Not hurt anywhere?”

“Um… Yes… and No”

Xiumin smiles brightly at him.

“Well, then. Take care not to bump into others next time okay? See you around Sehun!” he runs off to Luhan’s side, continuing their previous conversation with a large grin decorating his features.

 

Sehun just stands in the same spot for a while, clutching the place Xiumin had touched a few minutes ago. It still had lingering warmth remaining at the very same spot. Sehun clutches it harder.

“He could have left my heart alone, but there he goes running off with it, as if it were nothing”

 

Sadly, only the empty halls had heard his heart’s dilemma


 

 

 

“Ms. Lee’s test was pure torture I tell you!” Luhan groans, collapsing into the bench. Unlike the forever deer, Xiumin sits gracefully, opening his lunchbox, courtesy of his brother, before he replies with wise words.

“You just weren’t paying attention, Han. That’s why you got low on the quiz”

                                            “Or the teacher just really at her job,” Luhan reasons.

“Or you’re just really bad at absorbing everything” Xiumin retort sassily.

“Are you really my friend because you’re supposed to be supporting me, not making me realize things like my mother does.” Luhan arches an eyebrow, stuffing a piece of tofu into his mouth.

“I’m not an angel, Luhan. I have my pitchfork moments” Xiumin shrugs.

“Really. Pitchfork Moments” Luhan stares at him deadpanned.

“I can’t cuss as well as you do, Han”

Luhan huffs “Fine then! How did you do on the test then?”

Xiumin sneaks a glance and throws his index finger up.

“1/15?”

“1st place in the class”

 

Luhan does the flips-table motion.

“Teach me your ways oh wise one!”

“You’re making it hard to eat properly, when you’re clinging to me like a Koala, Han.”

With a pout, Luhan unwillingly releases his friend and goes back to slacking off.

“It’s just, I never would have imagined you’d be first in the class.”, he glances at the other, “I thought you were the type who fairly did well. Not too low, nor too high. Just normal”

Xiumin loosens his grip on his chopsticks, opting to turn his gaze to the clear and cloudless sky above.

“I don’t blame you for assuming that. Considering the fact that I never did talk to anyone, nor did I ever have a friend in our grade.”

When everything goes silent, Xiumin can help but sneak a glance at the reaction of the younger; but he wasn’t expecting frowning wrinkles to welcome him.

“I hope all the dickbags that ignored you goes to hell because you’re too precious to ignore”

 

Xiumin wants to cry because he had gone too long without love, and he feels that he’s become so numb already.


 

 

 

“Hey Jongdae-hyung, what time is our flight?”

“It’s in two hours, Jongin. That’s like the 10th time you asked me in an hour.”

Jongin grins as he pulls his jacket to himself.

“We are going back after all! I can’t help but be excited”

“Jongdae! Jongin! We should probably head out now! The van’s already waiting outside,” the siblings turn to meet the resident giant of their group bouncing up and down in excitement. The two look at each other and bend down to gather their luggage. As soon as they enter the van, Baekhyun nags them about being slow.

 

“We’ve been ready for like 15 minutes already! What took you so long!?” he huffs, blowing a raspberry.

 

It doesn’t amuse Jongdae.

 

“Oh shut it, Byun Baek, we’re not late for our flight anyway”

He says, wordlessly sitting next to the most decent member of their group.

“Just because you want to buy the latest products in Korea doesn’t mean the plane is going to go faster for you Baekhyun” Kyungsoo says, stuffing his earphones into their respective places. He hums and looks out the window as the music blasts.

 

“WELL, excuse me for wanting to look beautiful!”

“So you are admitting you’re ugly!”

Jongin bursts into a fit of giggles.

Yeah, he’s cute like that.

 

“Nice one Chanyeol!”

 

Whilst all the commotion was going on, Jongdae was staring out into the window, drawing on it out of boredom. It had just rained a few minutes ago and the fog was great entertainment for the Cheshire cat. He traces his older brother’s name.

 

Kim Minseok

 

“We’re coming home, Minseok-hyung.”

He smiles to no one in particular. 


 

 

 

Hey Guys :) I'm back with another Chapter!

I finally have a beta so *quality!*
 

I hope you enjoy this chapter and leave lots of comments and suggestions!


SnowySpring

 

P.S How does one get a poster?

Or do I wait for one to fall out of the sky?