IV.

Everybody Loves Lay

 

 

"What is he doing here? Why is he walking this way?" Ara hissed. "Who is?" Eunji asked, struggling to finish a highly boring book for her book report due in two days. she flipped the pages, skimming through paragraphs at a time in order to finish a hundred pages more. Then she could freely criticise it and smake snide remarks about the stupid assistant lecturer who had thought this would be an interesting read.

"Do Kyungsoo! who else!" Ara said angrily. "Oh you mean Squishy" Eunji said, looking up from her book. Ara scowled. She did not like that "Squishy". That "Squishy" was not nice. That "Squishy" was mean to her even when she tried to be nice to him. Hence Ara had given up on being nice to him. Hmpf. She would ignore him altogether. She would be civil but she would ignore him altogether. she had no obligation to a man who made her feel so! (She didn't know what exactly "so" referred to, but you get the point right?)

As if to spite her, Eunji waved to Kyungsoo who decided to come over. Ara bit her lip and pointedly looked away, not even greeting the Spawn Of Satan. "Hi" Kyungsoo said, waving his fingers in her face. "Hi" Ara grumbled. Eunji rolled her eyes. Those two should just kiss and get it over with. If only it were that easy. 

"Daydreaming about Yixing hyung?" Kyungsoo asked Ara. "You wish!" Ara replied indignantly. "Well, guess what I know about him" Kyungsoo teased. "Nothing good I bet" Ara said dryly. "Of course not. Can't you see how jealous he is" Eunji snorted only to be ignored in favour of a glaring match. "Fine I won't tell" he decided and turned to talk to Eunji. "Not like I asked" Ara said turning to Eunji too. Both of them turned to her, watching her with a poker face and backs ramrod straight. They looked at her expectantly and she could swear they resembled long lost twins more than they resembled soulmates.

"Oh guys guess what happened in the morning today!" Miya exclaimed as she sat in the space between Euni and Kyungsoo. "Joonmyun finally asked you out?" Eunji took a lucky guess. "No....." Miya trailed off, causing the eldest sister to narrow her eyes. "He did accompany me to my rehearsal but this is not what I was referring to" Miya pointed out. "So you did have a date" Kyungsoo pointed out. "No! That is not the main point!" Miya insisted pouting at Kyungsoo. "The main point was that I performed impromptu at the park with Yixing" Miya said, before anyone else could.

Kyungsoo and Ara shared a look. "Poor Joonmyun has a broken heart" Eunji said with a sigh. "Serves him right for taking so long to ask Miya out. He should have learnt something from Yifan" she added picking up her book again. "If Joonmyun was anything like Gege I would have run away from him" Miya deadpanned. "But he isn't. And you still aren't dating" Ara pointed out. "We'll date when we'll date" Miya defended. "Then gramps is growing old alone then. How sad" Eunji retaliated, ending the discussion.

"Hey guys!" Minah yelled from the other end of the cafe. The people on the table waved back and they saw Minah be followed by Minseok, Donghae, Lay and Luhan. Minho had left earlier due to some remaining project work. Another table was joined to theirs and everyone sat down adhoc. It somehow resulted in Minseok sitting next to Eunji, much to her exasperation. The hamster turned towards her and smirked and she had no clue why and that irritated her. Also because he looked hot in his jersey. Who asked the hamster to look hot.

"So hyung isn't your anniversary coming up?" Kyungsoo asked, looking at Yixing and Luhan. "Oh yeah!" Yixing remembered. "You ruined the entire surprise by reminding him!" Luhan complained to Kungsoo. "Sorry" Kyungsoo said genuinely. "Oh well. You have to act surprised ok baobei?" Luhan told Yixing who nodded while swinging his head from side to side. Luhan gave him a one armed hug because he was too cute. 

"Wait, you guys have been dating for a year now?" Miya asked surprised. "Three actually" Luhan chirped. "Yeah" Yixing admitted shyly. Ara's jaw dropped further. Eunji sighed. All the good ones were always taken or gay. Plus she was jinxed. She just had to be. Getting an evil idea, she turned around to face the hamster. What were the chances?

"Anyone else who wants to tell us they are dating? We are quite at our leisure here" Minah said with a huff. "Hey guys! What memo did we miss?" Yifan asked, arriving hand in hand with Haneul who pulled it away as soon as he took it. The entire table saw it and sighed. These two were definitely going to take a while to get to anniversaries.

 

 

"I still can't believe it" Ara told Minah. "That Yixing was gay? Neither can I" Minah agreed. "Oh well, it was nice while it lasted" Ara said wistfully. Even if it was for a little while, they had seen Prince Dimple Charming in action and they had made a good friend. also, one simply did not sustain a relationship with Luhan. Yixing must really be special.

"They are cute together" Miya said. "Yes they are! So cute and handsome!" Ara agreed. "Speaking of handsome guys, I had no clue Donghae oppa had muscles" Minah said honestly. "Of course he does. He's a football player" Eunji pointed out. "Athletic people usually have muscles" Ara laughed. "Does Yifan ge have muscles jie?" Miya asked. "No one talk about muscles" Haneul grumbled, burying her head in her math book. "Why? Because Yifan ge has a nice set of them?" Ara continued the game with a wink.

"What muscles" Eunji asked, breaking the trend. "Of course you wouldn't like them more than Minseok ge's" Minah teased. Eunji gave her a poker face, opting to say nothing about the handsome hamster. "Does the midget have any?" Eunji asked Miya instead who was taken back by the question. "Joonmyun has abs. He modelled for Baekhyun's photography assignment remember?" Miya laughed. "I know. But have you seen them first hand?" Minah asked curiously. Miya blushed as she shook her head. Minah, Eunji and Ara grinned at each other.

"Kyungsoo is the only one without muscles then" Ara said randomly. "Don't worry. His deep voice will seduce you" Minah quipped only to receive a pillow in her face from Ara. "I think Yixing will have muscles" Haneul spoke, tearing her gaze away from her book. "Of course he will, he is perfect" Eunji pointed out. "He is perfect isn't he?" Ara agreed. "He is awesome" Miya put in. "Totally" Minah said with a sigh.

"But all the good ones are taken or gay."

 

 

-The-End-

 

A//N - Because Layhan was going to happen regardless.