III

Everybody Loves Lay

 

 

Miya strummed her guitar. It was a beautiful day. the sky was cloudy but a pleasant cloudy and not an ominous dark grey sky type cloudy. She sighed, playing a nameless tune on her guitar. Something to match the beautiful breeze blowing and the flowers which looked extra bright today. This day was perfect.

"A pretty tune for a pretty lady?" Yixing asked as he sat down next to her with his own guitar.  "More like a random strum for a perfect day" Miya answered awkwardly. "Well I thought that sounded rather nice" he said with a smile. Miya blushed when she saw the pretty dimples. "Teach me?" he asked with a smile. "Sure!" Miya brightened up instantly. She turned to face him and tuned the third string which kept sounding off tune. She started explaining the chords seriously and Yixing nodded seriously, listening to every instruction carefully.

They started singing the notes along with the tune, making it up as they went. Miya started with words about clear days and happy feelings. Yixing intervened to sing about happy feelings that pizza gave. Or the ones that you got while watching puppies play. Or sometimes with ice cream and Miya laughed. Pretty soon they had a small audience of children and college students alike who stopped to listen to the summery melody and the funny makeshift lyrics. Yixing ended it with a simple chord that trailed off and everyone began to clap, including Miya. He smiled and bowed at everyone who cheered him on before leaving.

"Why aren't you in Music Composition?" Yixing asked surprised. "I took that course last semester. This semester I am doing Modern Influences On Music" she told him shyly. "I would have loved to work with you on a composition or two" Yixing said with a small smile. "Why? Is my gege that bad?" Miya laughed, knowing Yifan was Yixing's partner for the course. "No! Not at all!" Yixing said, worried he had offended her. "That's okay Yixing-si" Miya said with a smile. "He can be a handful" she agreed. Yixing nodded sheepishly. Not that he didn't like Yifan, but the other man was rather... unique.

"Are you going to perform?" Haneul asked, looking at Yixing and Miya happily discussing songs over their guitars. Miya jumped, shocked by her sudden appearance. "No, you missed it" Miya said sadly. "we could play again for you if you want" Yixing offered kindly. "Oh no, that's okay. I'll have to be off in a while. I'm just waiting for Yifan. Thank you though" Haneul said with a smile. Miya noticed how she wouldn't stop smiling and immediately noticed something was up. Haneul was dressed up. she was wearing a simple tshirt and sweats like she did for her morning jogs, but she had actually taken the effort to tie up her hair nicely. "Are you going on a date with Yifan ge?" she asked, brightly. "No what. No" Haneul denied, blushing. It wasn't a date. "We're just going to go play basketball. Yifan promised to teach me" she explained. Not that there was any use.

Yixing and Miya shared a knowing grin. "Is it just going to be you two. Alone?" Miya asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively. "Yes. but anyone can join us. You both should come too!" Haneul said quickly. "I have plans sorry" Yixing said with a smile that let everyone know he was lying but no one could call him out on it. "I am not being a third wheel" Miya said, sticking her tongue out at Haneul. She saw Joonmyun and Yifan walking their way and she waved at them. "It's a perfect day for a date jie! Go have fun you crazy kids" Miya said rather dramatically, when Yifan stood next to Haneul, Haneul squeaked and hushed her up before Yifan could notice.

Yifan who had been talking to Yixing so far, turned to Haneul. "Ready to go?" he asked her. She nodded and he smiled. "We'll be off you guys" Yifan said with a three finger salute. "Bye!" Haneul piped up, ready to leave before Miya could say anything. Miya waved lazily with a knowing expression. "Have fun on the date!" Yixing called out joyfully. "We will!" Yifan replied loudly with a grin that eclipsed Haneul's indignant exclamation. He put his hand around her waist and led her away. Miya and Joonmyun started to laugh at the oh-so-innocent scene where Haneul pouted but didn't really make a move to move Yifan's arm away.

"It's my time to be off too" Yixing said. "Wait what" Miya realized. If Yixing left, that meant she would be alone with Joonmyun. She panicked. She wasn't ready for this. Her heart was beating faster. They hadn't taught her how to deal with this in first aid in school. "I'll walk you home then Miya. I have nothing to do for now" Joonmyun offered. "Actually, I have to go practice piano for my first assignment" she told him. "Really? Do you mind if I hear you play?" Joonmyun asked, genuinely interested. "Come along if you like" she said shyly.

Yixing waved at the two and set off first. Then he remembered something and turned around. "Oh and Miya? If you two are alone then it's a date!" he called out, before turning around and speeding off mischieviously. Miya balked and Joonmyun cleared his throat awkwardly. "We should go" Miya said, standing up and catching her guitar in time. "Yeah" Joonmyun agreed, running his hands through his hair. He took Miya's bag for her, letting her carry her guitar on her insistence. Maybe a date wasn't such a bad idea.

 

 

 

Yixing looked around the football field. Luhan was on the field with Minseok ge, Minho and Donghae ge. The fangirls behind him cheered when Minseok scored a goal and he chuckled. A voice from somewhere to the left and behind him growled. He found Minah glaring at all the fangirls. He felt confused. Why would she mind the fangirls? Minah noticed him looking and sheepishly lowered her gaze (but not before shooting them one last lazer sharp look).

"Minah-si! I didn't know you liked Football" he said happily, joining her. Minah could feel the burning gaze of the fangirls on her back. Let them be, she decided with a hmpf. The jealousy was a good enough revenge for troubling her by the silly fangirling for her brother. "I like football alright. My favourite team is ManU" she said proudly. "I am sadly ignorant" Yixing confessed sheepishly. He ran his hands through his hair and Minah melted. "I'll teach you some time" she offered. "Please do. Luhan will love you for it" he said with a laugh.

"Just in time Lu ge! We were just talking about you" Yixing said pleasantly as Luhan and the other bous came upto them. "Yixing! You are stealing my fangirls!" Luhan protested. "What fangirls? Most of them are here for Minseok ge" Minah laughed. Luhan pouted. It didn't work on Minah but he tried anyways. Minseok shook his head. He gave an apologetic look to Donghae who took it in his stride. He had his own fangirls and knew the consequences. However, the one woman who needed to notice him wasn't even looking.

"I'm very hungry" Luhan grumbled, forgetting aboit the fangirls. "Let's go to that cafe nearby" Minseok suggested. "Do you both want to come along?" he asked, turning to his sister and Yixing. They agreed, not having much to do.Luhan helped Yixing with his guitar and Donghae helped Minah navigate through the crowd of fangirls. Minah, who had been paying attention to Yixing all this while, was distracted by muscles flexing around her upper waist. Donghae had his arm arond Minah, attracting everyone's looks. Minseok noticed but decided not to say anything. He knew that Donghae liked his baby sister but would never take any untoward chances.

"Here we go" Donghae said, letting go of her near the end of the field. He smiled and Minah could swear his eyes twinkled. Just like Yixing's. And he had a dimple, much like Yixing did. Wait a minute here. Weren't these two born around the same time? The same sign! It must be! The bulb in Minah's brain went off. Two Libran men. This was the perfect opportunity for her to check if the astrology theories worked.

And that was pretty much how Donghae found Minah analysing him quite intently. He blushed and tried to walk ahead straight without rushing headfirst into a drain or pole like he wanted to do under her unrestricted gaze. Minseok and Luhan kept arguing over something and Yixing took a break to talk to Minah and Donghae. But when he found her quizzing him on totally random topics he wondered if he should really interrupt those two. Yixing smiled to himself. This was a funny place. So many people in love with each other but either oblivious to either partner's feelings or too shy to take the next step.

Huh.

Must be something in the water, he concluded.

 

-x-

 

A/N - Double update tonight since I love you all and I promised chapters long ago ^^;