I

Everybody Loves Lay

 

 

"Have you seen the new batch of students who enrolled in the spring courses?" Ara asked Minah. "Yup. They looked so lost at the orientation" Minah grinned. "If you both are done gossipping" Eunji attempts, only to be ignored. "Did you take a look at the new Music Composition class. The guys looked so cool and handsome!" Ara said. "are we talking about the guys in music composition?" Mimi asked, sitting down next to the three on the table with Haneul. "Yup" Minah agreed. Eunji decided not to say anything this time and Haneul grinned mentally at her face. "The guys in there look handsome" Mimi agreed. "Especially Joonmyun right?" Haneul asked knowingly. "Especially Yifan" Mimi retorted.

"What in the world is Yifan doing in musical composition?" Eunji asked incredulously. "He claims he writes lyrics. So he wanted to enroll' Ara told Eunji. "I'm not going to acknowledge him anymore" Eunji decided. "That's mean Eunji!" Ara said. "Like you would" she snorted in reply. Ara bit her lip and everyone shook their heads. Ara was the most social one of the five and she also loved her brother a lot. While Eunji did too, she knew when to call her brother out on his stupidity. A trait Ara didn't share.

"Speak of the devil" Mimi grinned, nudging Haneul extra painfully. "Ouch..." Haneul grumbled as Yifan sat down next to her. She glared at Mimi and turned to Yifan who raised an eyebrow. "Nothing" she mouthed and he frowned. Nevertheless he was here on a mission. "Are you guys free now?" he asked everyone. "Yes" everyone said simultaneously while Eunji answered "No" firmly. She knew that nothing ever good happened if Yifan had to resort to asking them for help. It was never good. "Good! Come along" he insisted, dragging Haneul away. "Any excuse to hold her hand huh?" Mimi mused, exchanging a look with Minah. "My brother is so lame" Eunji said facepalming.

 

 

 

"So umm... hi" Joonmyun started, surprised to see Mimi and her friends sitting. It made sense that Yifan would ask his sisters to come but the rest were unexpected. He looked as clueless as they felt and that was never a good thing. "I'm guessing Yifan never told you anything" he said, looking deflated. A murmur of no's echoed and Joonmyun sighed. "I was going to but then I got distracted and forgot" Yifan said sheepishly. "And what did you tell them?" Joonmyun asked, looking at the growing crowd of freshman girls sitting behind the five girls in question. "Nothing. They happened to follow me on their own" Yifan said, looking lost. Joonmyun sighed and Eunji understood this was not going to end well. As she stood up to leave, Haneul pulled her back down with a polite glare and she sulked.

"I didn't expect to see so many people here" an angelic voice spoke up. More like the angelic voice had forgotten that the mic kept near the piano had been . When everyone turned to look at him, he realised his mistake and blushed a little. He grinned sheepishly and Eunji could swear she heard freshman drop to the ground at the back. "Sorry" he mumbled shyly and instantly millions of voices began to assure him it was ok. (In reality it was Joonmyun and Yifan who were assuring him and everyone else was swooning at the background).

"Wow" Ara and Minah chorused. Haneul nodded in agreement and Eunji almost did but shook her head. "He's handsome" Mimi said, echoing everyone's thoughts. "He's perfect" Haneul, Ara and Minah chorused. "Yeah" Mimi and Eunji agreed. "We should go say hi" Ara piped up, first to break out of her trance. "Yeah. But I don't think its possible now" Minah frowned. "We could ask Joonmyun to introduce him to the group" Mimi suggested. "Do whatever" Eunji said taking Haneul's book out of her hand and starting to read it. Haneul protested but was effectively ignored. "Maybe next time" Haneul said, looking around at the crowd.

"Anyhow, now that the lovely audience is here we can start" Joonmyun said with a smile. Mimi blushed and Minah noted it mentally so she could tease the younger one later. "The music department is just doing a impromptu introduction session. All the new members get to perform a small piece to introduce their talent. And its great to see an enthusiastic audience" Joonmyun explained. The session was always impromptu and a means of initiation. The seniors always made the juniors and newbies do it. But they rarely invited people to watch. From behind him, the angel smiled and everyone beamed instantly. The small program began with Yifan and the angel setting up by the piano.

"Hi everyone. My name is Yifan" Yifan started by introducing himself. His fan club cheered and Haneul shook her head. "My name is Yixing" the angel introduced. It was followed by louder cheering which made Yixing blush so he quickly started testing the piano instead. "We're going to perform a small piece called Call You Mine. Yixing will be accompanying me on the piano" Yifan spoke up. It was followed by yet another round of cheering (Minah had to admire the strength of fangirls). "He's gonna sing" Eunji realised, horrified. She turned to look at Ara who was leaning forward in her seat enthusiastically. She needed better siblings.

Yixing started with the piano and everyone quietened down to listen. Was it just them or did the music sound heavenly? Yifan started to sing and starry eyes grew bigger. The audience held their breath till the last notes. Yifan and Yixing exchanged a look at the manner of silence. Did no one like it? Yifan began to put and that's when people realised the needed to clap. The duo beamed and the fangirls cheered harder. "They could be some manga otp" Eunji suggested. "Yeah" Ara, Minah and Mimi sighed in agreement. (Haneul had already left to go talk to Yifan). In their eyes, Yixing could do no wrong.

 

 

 

The performances were followed by a few more people whose names Eunji had already forgotten. She left halfway to make her way backstage to return Haneul's book before going somewhere more peaceful. The backstage however was more crowded. Eunji wasn't even sure if so many people were even in the music department. "Yo Jieun! whatchu upto here?" Luhan asked as he accidentally stumbled into her. "My name is Eunji" Eunji deadpanned, pushing him off. "Wait what?" Luhan asked. "You've known me for a year. How do you not know my name yet?" Eunji asked him. "Sorry. Have you met Seokkie? He is my new friend!" Luhan said, pulling some random guy forward. "Are you a hamster?" Eunji asked, before she could realise it. His fae was stuffed with food and his cheeks now resembled a hamster. "Are you as drunk as Luhan?" the guy asked, swallowing the mouthful of food. Eunji raised an eyebrow at the mentioned man and scrunched her nose in distaste causing "Seokkie" to laugh.

"Eunji!" Yifan called out when he spotted her. Eunji had never been more thankful for her idiotic brother who could never read the atmosphere. "Excuse me" she said, pushing Luhan out of the way and going towards her brother. "The piano was nice. Your singing " Euni told him with a straightface. "Eunji!" Haneul gasped. Eunji shrugged. Over the past year that Haneul had known the her, she had been her self appointed coach in social ettiquette. Except Eunji wasn't interested in learning and occasionally followed her directions to avoid unnecessary harrassment by Haneul's pout which would only ever work on Yifan. "Okay fine. You were nice at the thing. Whatever the thing was" Eunji sighed. Yifan smiled and hugged his baby sister who resisted the urge to punch him. Too many drunken people lunging at her.

"Yo Yixing! Have you met my sister?" Yifan yelled releasing her. Yixing came over and shook his head. Eunji and Haneul froze. This was too quick. "Hello" Yixing greeted with a polite bow. "Hi" Eunji said, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. "It's nice to meet you" Yixing said with a smile. "You're an angel in person too" she wanted to say, but she wasn't an idiot. "So, you are Yifan's sister?"  Yixing asked. "Yeah. My name is -" "Jieun!!!!" Luhan yelled from somewhere. He came in and promptly crashed into Eunji. "The heck?!" Eunji exclaimed. The men around rushed to help her but Yixing got to her first. "You okay?" he asked, pulling Luhan away so that the older was resting on his shoulder and not Eunji's. "Yes" Euni answered, glaring at Luhan. "Cute" yixing said with a smile and Eunji's eyes widened.

"there he is! I was looking for him. Oh hi. Jieun right?" "Seokkie" asked. "Eunji" she said, gritting her teeth. "I'll take him" Seokkie offered, taking Luhan from Yixing. "Let's go back Haneul" Eunji said, highly irritated. "There's one more performance left! Stay" Yifan insisted. "I'll take her back" Haneul piped in, deciding it was better not to let the siblings continue with Eunji's current mood. "Haneul~" Yifan insisted. Why was her brother such an embarrassment Eunji will never know. "You should stay" Yixing told Haneul. Haneul blushed a bit. "I wish I could but I can't" Haneul said regrettably. "Busy again?" Yifan asked. Haneul nodded. "You would have liked it. It's too bad then" Yixing said politely. Haneul blushed and nodded, much to Eunji's annoyance.

"How about she stays and you drop her home?" Seokkie suggested looking at Yixing. "I can go by myself" Eunji said. "I need to go back anyways" Haneul added. "Lets get Jieun home!" Luhan cheered in his knocked out state. "How about you walk them home hyung? I'll take Luhan instead. We live nearby" Yixing offered. "Seems sensible" Seokkie agreed. "Let's go already!" Eunji insisted. She felt really irritated by the hamster guy. First for putting her in an awkward situation with Yixing and then for taking her home himself. She left first and Seokkie followed, handing over Luhan to Yixing. Haneul wished Yixing good night, only to be rewarded by his smile and Yifan pulled her away again citing they shouldn't be too late since it was already dark.

"Yixing is really nice" Haneul commented on their way back. Eunji was walking ahead at two times her normal pace, followed by the guy from earlier who was rather amused at her antics. Yifan and Haneul trailed back a little with Yifan using the slow pace as an excuse to spend more time with her. "Is he now?" he asked too nonchalant for the question. "Yeah. He's polite. And talented. And handsome. and he has gentleman like manners. Saw the way he helped Eunji? He seems like Prince Charming from fairytales" Haneul described with a nice smile. 

"Is your book heavy Haneul?" Yifan asked all of a sudden. "Uh no?" Haneul answered, surprised by the sudden question. "I will carry it for you" Yifan said, taking it out of her hands. "Hey wait!" Haneul exclaimed but it was already too late. The notes in between fell down when Yifan took the book. They stared at each other before Haneul shook her head and bend to start collecting the papers. "Sorry" he apologised, feeling guilty. Their hands touched as they went to pick up a piece of paper on the ground. "Oh , I'm late!" Haneul realised when she saw her watch. She quickly gathered her notes while Yifan stood still, in trance about what had happened a moment before. "Thanks for inviting us today Yifan. You go ahead and take Eunji home okay?" she said in a sudden rush. Yifan wanted to stop her but she had already walked ahead. She wished good night to hyung and Eunji before walking in the other direction.

"You are such an embarrassment" Eunji commented before shaking her head at her brother. Yifan opened his mouth to protest but no sound came out. "I actually agree" Seokkie nodded. Eunji raised an eyebrow at him before walking ahead, three times faster now. She didn't like the hamster at all.

 

-x-