II

Everybody Loves Lay

 

"So the performances yesterday were good" Mimi started. "Where were you guys? I was looking for you" Ara said with a pout. "I took Eunji home" Yifan replied. "I thought you would come home with Mimi." "He was busy  staring at Haneul's face" Eunji replied. "You dropped her home?"  Mimi asked, an eyebrow raising in interest. "More like stared at her back while she walked" Eunji said.

"Why are you in an off mood?" Mimi asked. "Because men are idiots" Eunji deadpanned. "I agree" Ara said. "Hey!" Yifan protested. Both his sisters glared at him. He sat back with a frown. "You left me with that hamster" Eunji reminded him. She did not like that hamster at all. "What hamster?" Yifan asked. "The one that walked home with us" Eunji reminded him. "Minseok hyung?" he asked confused. "Whatever his name is" she waved him off.

"Oh there is Minah! That's Yixing with her right?" Mimi pointed out. "Yeah it is" Yifan said. He waved at the two to come over. Ara quickly fixed her hair and Eunji shook her head.

"Hi guys" Minah greeted with a smile. "Hello" Ara said with a bright smile. Yifan raised an eyebrow at  the sudden change but didn't say anything. "What are you guys upto?" Yixing asked sitting down next to them. He handed Minah her books who smiled brightly as she thanked him. 

"Oh yeah, Eun...ji right?" Yixing asked. "Yeah" Eunji replied, surprised he had remembered her name correct. "Luhan sends his apologies" he told her. "He can keep his apologies till  he remembers my name right" Eunji sulked. Yixing smiled and she grudgingly stopped.  The other people on the table stared. Haneul had to beg and resort to aegyo to make her stop sulking but he did it with just a smile.

"I have class so I'll be off" he told everyone. He saluted and walked off with a goofy grin causing the girls at the table to sigh. "He is awesome" Ara said. "Unlike some other dorks yeah" Eunji agreed. "He even carried my books for me" Minah said with a smile. "He is pretty perfect. No wonder Haneul likes him too" Mimi agreed.

"Haneul does?" Yifan asked. "Not.. hmpf" Minah started only to have covered by Mimi. "Very much" Mimi replied in her place. Ara raised an eyebrow and Eunji smirked at his kicked puppy look. "Why wouldn't she like him?" Eunji continued the game. "He's handsome and gentlemanly and talented. And he has a nice smile and eyebrows" Mimi prompted. 

"So she likes him" Yifan concluded. "She likes you too gege!" Ara put in. "But she likes him more" he countered. "That's not true!" Ara protested. "Speaking of the person" Minah said looking at Haneul who had just entered the cafe they were sitting in. When she saw Yifan she waved at him but he didn't wave back. She frowned but made her way over anyways. 

"Have any of you guys seen Yixing?" she asked. "Because he is perfect and has nice eyebrows and you like him?" Yifan asked, sulking. "What?!" Haneul exclaimed turning bright red. His eyes narrowed at her but he ended up looking away. "I was looking for him to return his notebook that he accidentally left in the bus" she clarified pulling out a notebook from her bag. "But also cause you like him?" Yifan asked. "Yes. I am truly in love with him which is why I abducted the notebook and held it ransom for his heart" Haneul said extra dramatically. Yifan stared at her before looking away.

"Yifaaann" Haneul sang in order to get him to calm down. She knew very well that he would keep sulking if she didn't stand down and pacify him. It was a trait all Wu siblings shared. Even Ara, though it was harder to rile her up. "What?" he asked gruffly, not even looking her way. "Do you want to go get ice cream?" she asked. Yifan raised an eyebrow. Ice cream at 10 in the morning? He was about to point out how incredulous the entire idea was when he remembered that Haneul really liked ice cream and would not listen to him anyways. "Alright" he agreed, before grabbing his things. 

"Hold hands before you go" Mimi prompted loudly, causing everyone at the table to grin instantly. Haneul's jaw dropped and she was about to protest indignantly but Yifan easily took her hand and led her away giving no time for arguments. "After all that cheese he wonders if she likes him or not" Minah said with a facepalm. "Haneul left her notebook here" Mimi said, picking the book up. "It's Yixing's book isn't it?" Ara noted. "Yeah" Mimi said, looking atthe name on the first page. "Ara can go return it. Her department is the closest to the Music department" Eunji said with a shrug. "I'd rather not" Ara said, remembering something. "Too late" Eunji said giving her the notebook before she could protest more. 

Effectively cutting off anyone's protests was also a trait all the Wu siblings shared, And so Ara found herself walking towards the Music department that afternoon in the search of Zhang Yixing.

 

 

"Room 214" Ara kept chanting. The music department had lots of studios that the students could use for practice and according to the fanclub outside, Zhang Yixing was in 214. Her mental chanting was interrupted by a smooth voice. "Fangirls are not allowed inside" Kyungsoo spoke, looking directly at her. "I am not a fan girl" Ara said irritably. 

Do Kyungsoo. Also the man Ara referred to as the Spawn of Satan, was perhaps one of the biggest problems in her life and also the reason she believed that men were idiots. She had known him since they were children. Yifan particularly was very fond of Kyungsoo for his cooking and Eunji because she claimed he was squishy and cute. Ara failed to see how they did not see the evil that lay underneath the many many squishy layers of cute. Not that he was all that cute mind you.

"Sure you aren't. Let me guess. You are looking for Yixing hyung, aren't you?" he asked her. "Yes, but its not because I want to stalk him" Ara told him. "Let me guess. Do you want to return a pen he lent you in class, even though you aren't in the same department? You made a lunch box for him to show your kindness?" he mocked. "Cause we already had 10 people come in claiming so." "For your information, I have to return a notebook that he lost" she told him, looking for ways to get away. "That's a new one. I'll give you some credit" he said with a shrug.

Ara glared at him before proceeding to Room 214 which lay somewhere in the second half of the corridor. She found the room and knocked. "Come in" a voice announced. She recognised it as Luhan's before opening the door. Wasn't Yixing supposed to be here? Maybe Luhan would have a better idea. She could always ask him. "Ara!" Luhan announced happily. "Hello gege" she said cheerfully. "You are Yifan's sister too right?" Yixing asked from behind causing her to jump. "Yeah" Luhan laughed while Ara took a moment to compose herself again. "How many sisters does he have?" Yixng asked, cutely confused. "Two. Jieun and Ara. And Mimi is his cousin" Luhan explained. "He's lucky, always surrounded by girls."

"So he's a ladies' man?" Yixing asked, trying to be polite about the term 'player'. "More like one lady's man. He likes Haneul" Ara prompted. Yixing went 'oh' and looked at Luhan who nodded his head in sympathy. Haneul gave inches and Yifan took miles, causing the former to discourage his actions whenever they could. Yet he pursued her. He was going to be a modern tragedy in the making.

"Oh, Yixing ge!" Ara exclaimed. "Yeah?" Yixing asked. "I actually came to return your notebook. Haneul found it on the bus" she said, taking the book out of her bag. "Notebook?" Yixing asked, confused. She handed it over to him and he went through the pages to check if it really was his. His face lit up in realisation as he recognised his Music Theory notebook that he had been reading through on the bus this morning. "I had no clue I lost it. Thank you Ara" he said with a bright smile. He had a dimple, Ara realised. Her cheeks may or may not have turned pink when she experienced all that cuteness first hand. Her social butterfly instincts took over and she replied politely before leaving the room and those two to their practice.

She had heard Haneul talk about men with nice smiles but she had never experienced it herself. Sure everyone smiled at her but none ever stood out. Except maybe Yifan gege who looked funny whenever he tried to smirk and Do Kyungsoo who looked downright scary. But Yixing had an amazing smile. She had seen it a few times, but now when it was directed at her she couldn't help but feel the amount of cute and wonderful and amazing that radiated through it. And those dimples! they were so deep and prominent! But they looked really nice on him. Ara smiled herself from all the mushy positive feeling because of that smile.

"And she says she isnt a fangirl" Do Kyungsoo muttered when she passed him by without paying any heed to him because she was busy admiring Yixing's smile in her head.

 

-x-