05 Butterfly

Henber's 2nd mini album

When I’m yawning and feeling restless
Only you seem like spring out of this whole world, girl

Running on the stage at the last song of the SMTown live world tour, Henry is as happy as always, though only he knows how tired he is. He has just been in BeiJing to have his new tv drama filming this morning; then he flew back to Korea in the afternoon for the filming of one variety show; and now he is, running on off stage in a stadium in Thailand. Still he is happy because of the fans chanting and support down there, but his already small eyes are becoming smaller as he runs around.
"Snoopy?" The familiar voice hits him, there's only one person on this earth would ever call him like that; he follows the voice and turns to see the person.
"Hey Amber." He greets her tiredly, puting an arm around her as a support.
"oh you're heavy." She says in a tone of annoyed, though she pushes his head gently onto her shoulder, letting him to lean on her.
Henry smiles and closes his eyes for a little bit; being with Amber on this busy stage seems like giving him a safe spot to rest, like a nice spring grass patch he would go picnic with his family.

When you look at me
You’re like a playful cat chasing a small butterfly

Amber nearly screams out when she feels the arm on her shoulder slips to her waist, and without giving her time to respond, she is dragged by Henry who was lying on her shoulder to rest just seconds ago.
"WH--What are you doing Henry Lau!" She uses the snoopy plushie she picked up on the stage before to hit Henry; she is thankful that the light here is low, or everyone else would see her face becoming bright red.
"But look over there Amb, that's our kingdom!" He points to the area sitting with fans holding up "Henber" banners and waves happily to them. He then turns and stares at the girl besides him, he bends down a little, his lips touching her hair and speaks directly into her ears, blowing in hot air to hers, "Those fans are just smart enough to know the truth."
Amber turns to look at him, he is putting on the same playful smile as she has expected. She blushes even more because of his skinship and also what he has just said, she throws the plushie in his face and runs away; immediately after picking up they toy he runs after her on stage.
She loves his smiles, and he loves hers.

The soft sunshine shines down on you right now
Give a little more Give a little more to you

Usually the SM artists would sit with their band mates, which happens this time to most of them except Henry and Amber. They are sitting at the back of the large group of artists, the seats next to the window. Amber closes her eyes and listens to the music, with a snoring snoopy on her shoulder; underneath the blanket, they are holding hands together. 
She feels Henry moves his head all of a sudden, she opens her eyes and turns slowly not to disturb him, knowing that Henry turns a lot while he sleeps. Without breaking their hands, Amber turns sideways to have a better look at Henry: his milky skin shines bright under the sunshine, he looks more child-like in his sleep; the newly dyed brown hair falls on his forehead without his cap on,  she is pretty sure he would be so upset when he checks himself up in the mirror when he wakes up. Amber touches his hair lightly, like touching his dogs when they are asleep, though that wakes Henry up; he mumbles a little than turn and puts his arms around Amber's waist.
Henry looks up and stares at her, it's quite rare the both of them are that quiet, though they just look at each other in silence; their eyes spakle under the sunshine.
"Henry?"
"Hmm?"
"I'm afraid." She feels his grip hardens.
"I'm never gonna let go." He promises, and she leans back to him comfortably.
 

Hey boy, will you follow me?
To the white clouds over there?
Amber knows that there's no backing down now, she has negotiated with SM for over half a year, and outside in just a minute, she would have to face the presses from all over the world. She is nervous, she wants to withdraw and runs away from all of these.
Though when she feels her hand being held by another bigger and warmer hand, and the childish looking guy smiling at her, somehow she feels like she has all the bravery in the world.
She recalls all the times she has spent with Henry: how they have finally dated each other, how they got into fights easily, how her stupid snoopy askd for her giveness everytime afterwards, how they were worried about their future...... All of those memories come in like a flash to her, and yet there are still so much more for her to tell.
She losts in the memory of last night, they spent almost the whole nigh cuddling at a spot looking at Han river after they got off the plane. It was dark and not much people cared about who they are, they looked just like normal couple.
They have decided to make their relationship public, which was a tough decision considering the two of them being idols; there were struggles, yet they just couldn't give each other up so they decided to blow things up by themselves before the others do.
"Will you do that for me snoopy?" Amber asked when she suggested the idea; Henry hesitated, for a second she thought he's gonna turn her down.
But he smiled and hugged her.
"My pleasure."


Hey girl, when I follow you, I start to smile
The tickling wind blows over to you into your arms
Give a little more, give a little more to you

The flach lights g o crazy, and the exclaims and the noises made by both media and the fans are huge, but this is not Henry's greates concern; he looks at the girl sitting besides him, nervously tugging on the sides of her shirt, he has never seen her being so inconfidence like this.
Without words he takes her hand, he doesn't care how badly the media is going to write about him; she is what he cares about the most. He understands that she is probably blaming herself for suggesting this idea, "pulling him back" as she would put it; but to be honest, he'd follow whatever she wants to do, it that keeps them together.
He is an idol, but he is also just a human; he has fans, yet the many numbers of his fans have their own families, and he needs his too. He knows some of them (or many of them) would leave him, not that he doesn't care, but he knows if he losts this girl, he'd rather be abandoned by all of his fans.
What kind of man he is if he could not protect his girl!
So he smiles to her, meeting his eyes and he knows that she loves him, and that's really what he needs to know.
He stands up and makes the speech he has prepared for so long, drafted and re-drafted after asking for comments from all his seniors and hyungs.
"Me and Amber have always supported each other since our trainees days, we were friends mostly for the past years. We have only started dating each other for a year and we have decided to make it public." He looks at her, she looks less scared now.
"We do not want to lie to our fans, nor we want to do any harm to them. I don't think there's anything to be sorry for as I don't feel sorry for falling in love with this amazing girl Amber, who has been my best friends and an excellent singer all these years. I hope our fans would understand, that despite our relationship, we would still do our best to perform as singers, as artists, as musicians. Thank you very much."
He bows sincerely, and he could feel her standing up and joining him; he doesn't look at her but he would ahve guessed that she is trying to hold back her tears.

Hold up ladies and gentleman
You came to me like spring
Worried that it’ll end when you open your eyes?
Baby don’t worry
Are these feelings of love, heat waves?
Don’t doubt, don’t worry, don’t ask

"Henry and Amber, " It's the question time for the media, and one of the presses stands up and asks. "How did you guys move on from best friends to girl/boy firend?" All of them are looking at them in hungry eyes, looking for some romantic stories to publish later on; despite this the fans outside are still shouting loudly.
Henry looks at Amber with his usual playful smile, he loves seeing her blushes.
"It's more like the sudden realization, that to me, she is more than just a friend." He chuckles, there are way more than just this cheesy simple explaination.
Because of his reactions on variety shows, he built up his playboy image; and then there was the time that Amber just ignored him completely.
Amber felt jealous, her chest hurt when she heard or saw Henry flirting or mentioning other female artist, she should have noticed his playful smirks, though she was to disturbed to notice. So she avoided him, partly because she was angry with him, and partly she was trying to hide away from this emotion.
"Amber you couldn't avoid him forever, " Her nice leader Victoria told her one day, after she had cut Henry's call for the so many times. "All the people know that you guys are good friends and it's really weird that you guys are not interacting with each other anymore."
She signed, "I know unnie........ But you don't know....." She let the remained of the sentence sinked; but she knew that by saying that would equally admit that she has a thing for Henry her best friend. Only she knew: she could never be the ideal girl that Henry liked, she had nothing alike to all those female artists.
Victoria sat down and put an arm around her, "You'll never know."

On the other hand Henry felt confused, then he felt very defeated, and he became depressed which he didn't believe this would ever actually happen to him but it did; he didn't have any motivation to move or play music or even he had no interest in food.
"Dude are you alright?" Genneo asked after Henry replied "Whatever" to his question "You wanna go to that awesome mexican restaurant for dinner?"
Henry didn't even look up and replied "yeah."
He walked up and snatched his phone, which Henry stood up immediately and yelled "HEY!".
Gen took a glance at the name, it's Amber, a friend of his too. He tossed it back to Henry and said, "If you do care about her that much than just go up and talk to her, be a man, what are you waiting for?"
Henry stood and blinked for seconds, then he runshed and got change, yelled "thanks" on his way out.
Gen knew from that moment he's going to be the best man for Henry soon.

"Amber!" They were now in an empty practice room, just the two of them; Henry blocked the door, and he was somewhat pissed when Amber tried to get away from him. "Why are you avoiding me?"
Amber smiled bitterly, but she turned away from him quickly, she didn't know how to face him once she realized her sepcial feeling to him. "N-nothing, just let me go, Vic unnie would be looking for me."
Without words, Henry pulled her to him; he was hurt to see her painful smile, and at the same he was so angry that this girl would rather choose to avoid him than to tell him the truth.
"What are you doing Lemme go Henry Lau!" He held tighter even though she started to hit him hard. "I have been trying so hard to-- and now you just come up and blow up the whole thing!"
"I love you." He says calm but loudly, she stopped her yelling.
"You--what?"
"You heard me, I. LOVE. YOU!"
"No you don't, I'm nothing alike to those girls you flirted with on the shows!"
"I'll prove it to you, Amber Josephine Liu, I'll prove my love for you." He took her hands. "Just give me a chance."

Looking back to those moments it still seems like a dream, though when they look at the person next to them, the warm sensation from the clenching of their hands, it's more real than any other things.
No doubts, no worries, nothing more to ask.
When I'm with you.

If I’m with you, whenever, wherever
It is like a field filled with flowers in a dream

As they have expected, the fandom explodes after their confession on their relationship. Though that dosen't affect much of their work, they are well prepared for all the consequences, and of course they are more than willing to take them.
The SM gives them what they wanted from long ago: a duet album by the Henber couple, it is indeed a quite smart strategy. But this opportunity means much more to the couple, between love and their dreams, they could still hold on to both, and they are very greatful about this.
They hold hands and move on to the stage with the cheering sound and the boo-ing from the crowd.

You’re my butterfly, with a light movement
Come and fly over to me

Henry knows whenever he wants to have some fun after a long day of busy schedule, there's a boyish girl always there for him. With just one call, she would fly to him immediately.

You’re my butterfly, every day
You bring a new spring, a happiness to me

Amber knows whenever she wants, she would see the cute hamster looking guy flashing his smiles to her, just to make her happy.

You’re my butterfly
Follow the soft scent, the flowers and come to me

There are reasons why they are so speical in those many girl/boy friends, it's the natural attraction between the two of them; like butterflies attracted to the flowers, it's in evitable.
So they took the chance and held on to each other, as they just couldn't give each other up.

You’re my butterfly
I’ll give all the sweetness of the world to you

"I love you." "I'll be good to you."
Those simple promises are just the sweetest words in the world. The wording doesn't actually matter, it's sweet because he says so to her, and it's sweet because she knows he means what he says.
"I love you stupid snoopy."
"I love you too my stitch."