01 Fantastic

Henber's 2nd mini album

In this story, Henry Lau is a poor musician/composer; and Amber Liu is an engineer.

 

Yo girl you’re fantastic (you know that)
You make me fly
Baby I don't know

He comes out from his room after he has finished editing the last draft of his composition, only to find the short-hair girl falls asleep on the table, her arms on her unfinished paper works. He takes a look at the clock, it's nearly 2 in the morning already; he sighs deeply and grabs a blanket from the room and puts it on her. He stares at her for a moment, then finally plants a light kiss on her hair. These nights especially, he feels terribly sorry for her, and he doesn't know if getting with her a right decision. 
"I'm sorry baby, just one more day......." He murmurs to himself and turns away, not noticing her shifting a little bit.

I was so immature
A child, who didn’t know what love is
I always won in this strange game of love
I was never even serious
I was always too proud

If you ask people from the SM high school, no one woudn't know Henry Lau; the talented guy, the music genius, and the big charmer. Well if you ask the teachers from the school, it would be the troble maker though. In short, the students (especially the girls) love Henry Lau, but the teachers hate him. He is talented in music alright, but he never paid attention to any other classes, he simply doesn't care. He is a really nice guy, really easy-going; but this turns him to become a "playboy" when speaking about romantic relationship; he just moves on from one woman to another quickly (almost immediately) after a relationship has ended.
But he did commit into every relationship, he never cheat on any of the relationship; but he never really understand what love is either.
Surely it does feel good to have some pretty girls accompany you, someone to hold hands, to share, and someone who admires you. But he never feel involved in a relationship: he has never missed someone crazily, never feel the excitement when dating, and definitely not experienced with the overwhelming sadness when broke up.
He only hurts others.

I was like a swirling hurricane
Not even knowing myself
I only ran forward
But the very precious you came into my arms
Like a hot and small comet
You melted my frozen heart

Though he was not sure about women and love, he was and he still is definitely sure about his dream. He wants to be a musician, or a composer, just anything relate to music. To perform the music he loves and shares them around, it's the biggest dream of his. And he did try his best to pursue his dreams, though the road of being an artist is not easy.
He did become a violin player in many concerts, though the payment wasn't high; he composed and recorded demos, but not many of them were accepted. He knows that he loves music and what he is doing now, but he isn't sure anymore about pursuing his dream; he has thought of giving up and just go and teach music.
Until he met Amber one day.
The day he was being a violin player in the orchestra in a grand hall, he arrived early as he had nothing to do, he started playing his violin in the room, it was one of his latest composition. When he finished, he was surprised to find out that a short-hair girl (yes a girl he can tell) in t-shirt and jeans standing by the door, clapping her hands and her eys full of appreciation. In daze, he only stared back. It was the girl who approached to him first.
"Ummm I was, well I just passed by, but the piece you were playing was so beautiful, so ar... I... umm just stopped." She was a little embarassed and awkward. "I hope you don't mind.... Oh I'm Amber by the way." 
She held out her hand, he shook it and gave her a smile, "I'm Henry."
She took a look at her watch, and looked a little bit nervous, "I still have a conference, but I..I wanted to talk to you," Henry raised an eyebrow, but she continued, "Are you one of the performers tonight by any chance?"
"Indeed I am." 
She seemed to be delighted, and said, "Well let's meet after tonight's concert then, here's my phone number." She slipped her name card into his pocket without asking him, but he just let her.
"See you then! Henry!" She shouted while running out, he has never met any girl like her before.
For the first time ever, he was actually looking forward to meet a girl.

You move me, you’re special
You make me be able to start everything
I found the answer to a fantastic dream
I hope your end is me as well

He found her waiting outside the performance hall, sitting on a bench and looking around; she greeted him with a bright smile. They went to a cafe nearby and had a really long talk. They talked about tonight's performance, the song, the history of music, and also his piece of composition.
"The piece you played was beautiful, did you compose it yourself?"
He nodded, and she did a "yey" gesture.
"I knew it! But it sounded a little bit.... sad, or confused; just like you were hesitating to make a choice, the one that could affect you life long." She said casually while taking a sip from her coffee, but her words struck him. They had just met, but she could pretty much understand who he felt while he was composing this piece. He grabbed her hands suddenly, which nearly made her dropped her cup of coffee, "How...how... did you understand it? You undertand my music!"
"Say....what?" She was still in shock.
He started to tell her about everything, his goals, his dreams, his ambitions in music, and his troubles; she sat there and listened quietly, not speaking a word until he finished.
"Don't give up Henry." She suddenly took his hands, "I've given up mine before, so please continue to work out your dream, together with mine."
Her smile reassured him, he suddenly felt the motivation to keep moving on; even until now, he still remembers her warm smile.

you make me wanna be a better man
You make me reborn into a real man
You, who called my name
The fantastic you
The reason I chose you
Is because you’re the biggest gift in my life
Because you lift me up high
It’s gonna be fantastic

They became friends after the night; she went to the concerts he participated in, they met up before or after, and they had lots of talk. Then they became best friends; he let her to listen to some of his unfinished or finished compositions, she gave him comments and together they worked on those; they shared their dreams, concerns or basically everything, they understood each other just by one look. Sometimes they went out with other friends, but more oftenly, Henry found himself only wanting to hang out with her, alone; he had developed some kind of protectiveness over Amber. He felt the sweetness, the happiness when seeing her; he felt the bitterness and jealousy when she got too close to other people; he began to understand the girls who he had hurt in the past, he began to understand love.
With great effort, he finally asked her to be his girlfriend. But their relationship wasn't easy, he felt unequal whenver being with Amber, he felt like he is not enough for her. To him, she is smart, confident, funny, and most of all the one in the world that understands him the best. He couldn't leave her, but he's afraid he is wearing her down.
She and his music, that become the two things he would never give up on from the day they were together.
Henry started to work harder, getting a schlorship to a music school, he got a better idea of the pop music better. He then began to compose songs that would become "popular". Of course he got rejected sometimes, but the degree of acceptance improved gradually.
Everything seems to be going on the right track, but in fact they had less time to spend with each other. Amber becomes insecured, now Henry begins to gain some popularity, she is now the one to feel not enough for him.
"Why did you choose me?" On the brink of breaking up, she asked Henry this question; she decided that if Henry couldn't answer her this question, they break up; if he could, she would stay.
"Is because you’re the biggest gift in my life, you lift me up high." He pulled her into a warm embrace, and she could not leave.They decided to move in together.

It’s gonna be really great, be excited
It’s gonna be fantastic
I’ll give you the world and more
It’s gonna be fantastic

Henry wakes up after the noise from the alarm next to him, after a long night of work, today this is the day. The day to announce his success, he could tell the world proudly that his name is Henry Lau, the writer of all those many famous songs that became a hit in the world. 
He finds his suit in the wardobe, attached with a note written by Amber, saying "See you tonight snoopy." He kisses the note and puts it in his wallet. He packs up all he needs for tonight's showcase and leaves.
The auditorium is packed, but he could still spot her without effort; he waves at her, wondering if she knows it's for her. The showcase starts, and things go in with a flow; at the end he's asked to say something, and he's ready for it.
"I'm not always successful, in fact there was one time I've nearly decided to give up, but one person stopped me." He looked at her way, the reporters turn to look for the person. "She gave me the reason to work hard, she lifts me up to a state I could have never acheived on my own, and she gives a new meaning to my music." He walks to her, he can tell she is trying to run away.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you my fantastic girl, Amber Josephine Liu!" He knows she hated her middle name, but he loves it, like it's a previllage to annoy her.
"Girl you're fantastic."