03 Need You Now

Henber's 2nd mini album

It’s already 2AM but I can’t sleep
What do I do? I need you now
Oh I’m so weak
Without you, without you
I need you now

Henry struggles to get out of his bed in the middle of the night, his head hurts like hell right now and the floor seems to be colder than always. He finds his phone glowing on the table, probably someone just sent a text in; he walks there with himself wrapped in the blanket, only to find it's just 2AM in the morning, a time way too early for Saturday.
He walks to the living room trying to look for where the pills are, but his brain seems to be mulfunctioning due to the pain.
So he decides to just lie on the couch in the empty house, listening the tiking and tocking of the clock.

I’ve never been like this before
You’re not even that nice but I don’t dislike you

He still remembers he met Amber. It's the second term of college and his mom suddenly came to visit him, it's because of his mom, he had to throw down all the assignments he had at that time to meet her. He came in to the dining place with his violin acrossed his back, just came back from a rehersal; and he saw his mom chatting happily with some other people. He walked in and greeted his mom, and ly to see a woman he had never seen and a familiar girl. He froze, suprised to see the tom boy girl who always sits two rows behind him, they are actually in the same class. But he quickly recovered from his daze, he held out his hand, put on his cute smile and said "Hello ladies I'm Henry Lau. Sorry I'm late."
"It's alright, me and your mom haven't seen each other for a long time, we just had too much to talk. I'm Elisa and this is my daughter Amber." The woman in front of him shook his hand and had a motherly smile.
"Actually me and Amber have met, I think we are in the same class." He turned to Amber, who had the expression that could be bored or uncomfortable. Her mother looked at her, waiting for her explaination.
"Yeah we are, but you remember me, Mr music genius." This is the first time he heard him speaking, in a tone between sarcastic and playful.
"Nice to meet you Amber." He smiled and held out his hand.
"Me too." She smirked and shook it, she paused a little then said, "Henry." Her hand felt smaller than his.
Henry could feel the unfriendliness of Amber, though he didn't hate it; it's almost the like the first time ever in his life he didn't get the kind of respect from being called a "Music genius". He wanted people to truly look inside him and listen to his music, not the music created by the music genius, but simply by Henry Lau.
He thought he could be friend with this interesting girl.

On this dark night
I see your dark room
Only you are the light

Henry opens his eyes hoping that his roommates would appear in the house like magic, though he only finds himself again sitting in the dark. He signs and holding his head, he walks to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water, only then he stops by a room on his way. It's dark and seems to be dead, making him more lonely. He walks in to it and looks around the room, even though she told him "it's a lady's room", they ahve spent times together in the room quite oftenly.
He turns his attention to her desktop, looking at the photo frame on it showing Amber and her family: her parents and older sister Jackie; he then turns to the other side and smiles, he feels like his headache has been better.
It's him and Amber, just the two of them, shot after their first collabration for a recital.

The night is getting deeper
But it’s too weird to call you now
I need you now
I’ll lift up my hands in surrender
I’m a prisoner, I’m yours
I need you now

They got quite close after the dinner, part of the reasons was the parental pressure ("Take care of Amber son" and "Learn from Henry gege, Amber"), but it was mostly because they matched with each other naturally.
Henry loved the way she's not treating him like the other ones in school, they saw him glowing and crowned with the name "Music genius"; and Amber loved the way he's treating him like a girl, but not even once mentioning she should act girly or what-so-ever; and also the most important thing is, they have found a soul mate to share each others' passion in music.
They would spend extra times even after class just to discuss on how changing the strength of notes would affect the atmosphere of the song, they wanted perfection in music and they had found the right person to talk to.
Not only that, they had also found others in class who more or less had similar insights on music, and they joked about forming a composing team called the "noize bank" because whenver they gathered, they would make huge noises.
Then it was in the start of this year, the third year of their academic study, they decided to move in and shared an apartment close to school, along with the girlfriends of the moize bank members since Amber was the only girl of noize bank.
The noize bank seems to stick together all the time, though Henry's first priority is always with Amber; he sometimes even hates the noize bank members for taking "too much" of their "private time". All the members of noize bank could see it, though Henry did not want to admit it, and they didn't know if Amber even noticed anything about it.
Then a golden chance came when they were told their class is going to have a recital opened to public to show the potential of their perstige music students, being the ace of their class, Henry was asked to perform a special stage.
"Amber wait!" He ran breathlessly up to Amber just before she left school, he went to see the professor to discuss about his performance.
"How was it snoopy? Got your kicked by the old man?" She joked, not paying attention to him.
"Listen to me Amber....." He walked up to her and held her shoulders, forced her to look at him in the eyes.
"Whoa now it sounds pretty serious..... Don't tell me you've got suspended by school snoopy?" She was worried about this normally chessy silly canidian suddenly turned into the serious music genius mode she could only see in performances.
"Nope but I've asked the professor just now, and he approved US to have a collabration!" His tone changed from serious to excitment, and left Amber stood there to pocess the message.
"Wait what you...me....." She mumbled the words and Henry kept looking at her, glad that she hadn't noticed his hands were still on her shoulders.
"Oh my god you can't be serious Henry Lau!" Then she suddenly yelled and looked at Henry, he could see her eyes sparkling, from shock and also happiness. He only nodded to her and kept smiling greater and greater, watching her danced around because of the joy.
"Thank you snoopy I'm so happy, this is probably the best day ever in my school life." She gave him a hug, and Henry would agree with what she said.

I’ve become a fool
You make me anxious and tease me but I don’t dislike it

"Amber.....Amber....."
"Amber.....Amber....."
"Amber.....Amber....."
"Amber.....Amber....."
"STOP!!!!!!" Amber screamed from their waiting room, almost threw her guitar to Henry's face, who had been mumbling her name for almost half an hour, asking some stupid questions that a professional performer wouldn't ask.
"But Amb---" She stopped him and avoided looking at his cute puppy eyes look.
"Now listen to me Henry just breath in and out." She demonstrated it to him, and he followed, not sure why. "Yep you're doing good." She laughed at the guys who was so called the music genius breathing in and out just to get ouver the nervousness before performing.
"Wow yes that's my music genius." She .
Just too slowly he realized Amber was making fun of him, "Oh shut up will you."
"Seriously what you're worrying about?"
He paused a little, then turned to look at her, "Because we have spent so much time and effort on this; you, me, the noize bank."
Amber fell silence when she heard of this; this performance was the only one arranged, composed and performed by the students themselves; their performance carried the glory or shame of their school. But more importantly, this was their dream. They had spent so many nights working on this piece, recorded so many demos and rehersed for so many hours; this performance was their baby, and the two of us had to carry their dreams out, all of the noize bank members'.
"Hey we'll do our best, just not to disappoint those guys k?" She smiled and said gently, and Henry pulled her into a hug; for a moment he wanted to confess to her.
Yet this was not the time.
"Good show Amber!"

Like getting a cold in the middle of summer
You came to me unexpectedly
It seems like you’ll go away but you don’t
So every night, I am love sick with you
There’s only one way to get better, laying in bed with my eyes closed
But I can’t erase you tonight
There’s still so much to tell you
Oh Oh I need you now

"Hello....?Hello?......" The voice comes from the phone's speaker and Henry answers it quickly.
"hi---Hello..." 
"Snoopy? What happened? Why did you call me in the middle of the night?" He looks at his phone and all around him, he has dialed her number instinctively, not knowing when did he do it.
"Umm no n-nothing...." He wants to hang up in embarrassment, yet he wants to talk to her just as much.
"Oh gods what happened to your voice?" She asks him, and now only has he noticed he's got a sore throat. "Are you sick?"
"I-I don't know.... My head hurts so much right now." Listening to her voice makes him misses her more and more.
"There's only you in the house and no pills no food at all, and you're sick....." She mumbles lowly to the phone. "Wait for me snoopy, I'll be back soon."
"W-what?" 
"Just lie on your bed and don't do anything ok? Stupid snoopy." 
"Alright." It goes to silence, thought he quickly says, "Amb?"
"Yea snoopy?"
"I-I......" Words could form, he feels like he's losing the ability to speak.
"I'll be with you soon ok? Just try to get some sleep."
"Okay."
He listens to her and walks back to his bed, closes his eyes and the last thing he remembers was her promise to come soon.

I just wanna know
It’s not fun anymore
Stop playing games now

"H-hey!" He was waken up by the voice he longs for, only to find his headache even worse. He grunts and sits up.
"You're awake?" She checks on him, then brings in water and pills to his side. "What kind of moron are you? Getting sick in the summer holidays, and especially the times all of the Americans gone home for vacation."
He takes the pills obediently, and stares at her quietly, imagining she being his wife and yelling things to him.
She would make a cute wife.

I don’t like being alone, I want you
He has imagined his life since childhood, though he just couldn't picture how his future girlfriend would look like.
Growing up he had dated some, though he was pretty clear he's still searching for "the one".
"The one" that could fill up his loniness of his mind and soul, a friend and a girlfriend that would be there when he needs her.

I don’t like this silence, fill it up with your sounds
"What?" Noticing his gaze she asks him.
He only takes her hand quietly and holds it.
"Henry?" Her voice is gentle, it's a nice singing voice.


A complicated night with no answers
But one thing is clear

"I love you."

Girl I need you now