Thanatos

Cupid and Thanatos

- Krystal Jung -

Jessica's POV

I didn't even know why my sister was so cold to others, even to me. She wasn't like that before. It started 2 years ago, two months before my graduation.

Flashback

"Krystal, are you there?," I called her name several times, but it was always no answer from her. I knew she already came back from school, and now she locked herself in her room. 

"Mom, why she didn't answer me?," I told mom. I was very afraid if something had been happened in school. Before, I couldn't see her at school at all, I asked her classmates but no one knew where she was. She suddenly came back, and went straight to her room. She didn't even greet me, because I knew she wouldn't be like that even if she had 'cold-princess' title on her.

"Maybe she is listening music now, and can't hear you. Don't panic, baby," mom said to me calm, like it couldn't be anything bad happen.

But, my feeling said the different way. I didn't use to be like this before. Krystal didn't used to be like this too, she never locked herself even if she was angry with me. 

"Krys! You hear me, right?! Please answer me or I'll break this door," No response from her.

"Mom! I've got bad feeling. We should break this door together," I said while panicked, and mom seemed to know that I felt uneasy about this one. Mom came to me, and we counted to break the door with our body.

"One.. two.. three!," We broke the door, and I didn't see Krystal on her bed.

Mom went to bathroom and she screamed, shocked me.

I went there in rush, and I found my little sister's hand was full of blood. The water on bathtub was red, and I panicked. I got my phone and called the ambulance immediately. Mom tried to wake Krystal up.

"Krystal... Baby... You must hold the pain," mom burst into tears. 

Flashback ends

After that incident, Krystal didn't talk much like before. She was cold to others, but she used to talk anything to me. When Mom decided to live with Dad in USA after I graduated, Krystal even was asked by mom to live with them there. But I didn't agree with Mom and I tried to make she live with me here, in Seoul. I didn't want to be alone here and part away with Krystal. She is my soul, and I didn't think I could live without her (or at least before I get married).

I didn't dare to ask her the reason why she tried to injure her arm and it almost took away her life. Fortunately, she didn't attempt suicide again. She just locked herself after back from school, but it's okay as long as my sister didn't do that stupid thing.

 

Author's POV

Krystal sat on the corner of her room, looked at the outside through her open window. It would be night soon, but she didn't even want to have dinner. She was just staring blankly to the outside, like she didn't have a life anymore.

She sighed deeply and took a glance at her drugs. It was for her depression.

The girl had been suffered from depression even before the time she attempted to suicide. No one knew the reason why she suffered. She didn't tell to anyone, including her sister who was very close with her.

She took the drugs and ate two pills. 

Today, she got bad score on her test and it made her more depressing. When she came back home, she heard her sister was on the phone with Daniel, and it brought her to remember her past. Her dark past and the reason behind her attempts to take away her own life.

 

 

-----------------------

How was this chapter, guys? This chapter seems too short compared to the first one. Kekeke.

Too much secrets on the past I haven't told here, so I'll tell some secrets in the next chapter! ^^

Please comment and subscribe me (: