The Truth

Cupid and Thanatos

Krystal's steps were halted once she figured out who was in front of her right now. The girl wanted to turn her back but the person called her name.

The girl hesitated, but she decided not to hear that person calling her name and turned her back. The desire to meet him was as big as the hatred she had to that person. But seemed like the pain she had, made the hatred won over. 

"Why you avoid me? Do you hate me?," that person held Krystal's left arm. The girl didn't have any option beside faced him.

"Yes, I do, Daniel," she replied and she made Daniel shocked for twice. He didn't know why this girl hates him. 

Daniel took Krystal's arm and made her to follow him instead. "Explain to me why," the boy was being serious once they were in the cafe nearby.

"Why you are so persistent, Daniel? I have my right to not telling you anything," she didn't hesitate to say that although Daniel stared at her. 

Daniel held her hands, and tried to make a contact with her eyes. "Tell me, who have been hurting you?," he really cared about Krystal. She was precious to him, same like Jessica.

Krystal took a deep breath. She let her hands from his, "Can you two stop asking me why I did that, huh? Do you really care for me?,". She gave Daniel sarcastic words. "What did you say? I do really care for you and Jessica. You two are my best friends, now and forever," Daniel made a statement clearly. He couldn't understand everything about Krystal now. All things from her already were changed. 

Krystal stood up and left Daniel instead answering his question. That girl's eyes were teary. She wanted to end all of things that made her stress out. It was enough for her to feel the pain before, she didn't want to feel the same pain again now.

++++++

Krystal silently went into her room. She didn't bother her sister asking her why her eyes were teary.

She ate some pills, over 4 pills, the limit for her to consume it a day. She didn't care what will happen to her later, she just knew that those pills can make her calm in this situation.

She laid on the bed, crying again. Those memories kept appearing on her mind.

Flashback

She didn't bear with all the hatred she received in the classroom. She heard clearly everyone talking about her, but not in a good term. It was bad, really bad. Her classmates were bullying her whenever she came to the school. Every day.

At first, she was bullied on her SNS, so she didn't even use her SNS. Seemed like everyone knew it, they started to talk bad about her in real life. Even when she was there, they didn't care. They always mocked her and even called her '' or 'fake princess'. All of her action seemed wrong in their eyes. 

When Krystal got high score or even perfect score on a test, her classmates started spreading a false rumour. They said Krystal were cheating and the worse thing was she gave her body to the teacher so she could get that high score. 

When one of her classmates wanted to copy Krystal's answer sheet and Krystal didn't want to give it, they started to play with her. They wrote all of the bad words to Krystal on white board after school, and they erased those words in the morning after Krystal saw it in order to not get caught by their teacher.

When a boy from another class confessed to Krystal, and one of her classmates knew about it, they would tell that boy all of her bad rumours (which they just made it), so that boy avoided her.

Her classmates were even worse for hating her because she was cold. She didn't cry in front of her classmates or beg them for stopping bullying her. She was silent, with her emotion-less face, she didn't make any response. 

But, behind those tough image, Krystal had suffered from depression. She lost her appetite, she couldn't sleep properly at night, and she felt hopeless even Jessica couldn't help to solve her problems.

 

One day, she couldn't go into her own class because she was full of flour. Her classmates made her like that. In the morning, when she thought no one had been in class and the door was still closed, she didn't notice there was a bucket full of flour at the top. Once she opened the door, the bucket fell on her, hit her head, and the flour was pouring to her uniform. 

"Look at that ! Take a bath with flour in the morning!," she heard Haejin's voice and it turned out that there were Haejin and her friends in class. They already planned to bully Krystal that morning.

"Good morning, Princess. How's that? Is it fuuun~?," she mocked Krystal. Haejin then asked her 'people' to clean the mess they did. Krystal sighed. She, then, went up to the rooftop, the best place for avoiding her classmates. Since rooftop was always quiet, she tried to cool her head there.

+++++

It was lunch time. But Krystal didn't want to go back to her class nor to canteen. 

She decided to hide behind a useless lockers, so no one could find her today. She lost her appetite, one of the symptons of depression. Fortunately, she brought her medicine, and she just ate it.

"Jessica Jung, I want to tell you something important," 

Krystal looked behind as she heard a familiar voice calling her sister's name, Jessica. She found a boy, a very familiar one, Daniel Kim, there. Krystal's heart was beating fast. She didn't know Daniel, her best friend and her crush, would be on the rooftop.

"Aissh! It drives me crazy!," Daniel shouted in frustration as he ruffled his hair into a mess. Krystal frowned. She wanted to approach him, but some words halted her body to move.

"Do.. you want  to be my girlfriend, Jess?"