Episode 2

Girls' Generation

Jessica steps out of the hotel bathroom to find her fiancé, Darrien, checking himself out in the mirror. She sneaks up to him and pecks him on the cheek. Darrien seems a little annoyed with her and brushes her off. Jessica pouts.


‘Hey, is this how you’re gonna be? Are you not going to kiss me?’ Jessica asks.
 

‘Stop playing around, Jessica. I’m running late for an important meeting.’ Darrien replies.
 

‘If it’s so important, then why are you still here?’
 

‘Jessica,’ Darrien turns around to face Jessica. ‘A man has to look his best no matter where he’s at. So, I’m only doing what I have to do.’
 

‘Never heard of that before…’ Jessica rubs her lower lip with her index finger.
 

Darrien is a foreign investment banker whom Jessica met at a speed dating event a year ago. When she finds out that Darrien works for a reputable investment bank, she uses all her wits to be with him. But of course, in order to be with him, the only thing she can do is to lie and scheme her way up and she succeeds and they have been together for a good few months now.


‘Boss, we have to go.’ A voice suddenly invades their privacy.
 

Jessica cringes at the voice. She hates that voice. She hates the owner of the voice even more. She looks to the direction of the voice and sure enough, he is standing there and judging by his expression, he is getting impatient. This man is Darrien’s assistant, a Korean man named Lee Jung-in but goes by the name Jeremy. Jessica scoffs at the name Jeremy because she finds it pretentious for him to add an English name before his actual name to make him come off as more sophisticated or something. Well, talk about a pot calling a kettle black!
 

‘Okay, Jeremy, I’m coming.’
 

‘WAIT!’ Jessica calls out.
 

Both Darrien and Jeremy look at her. Jessica points to her cheek and Darrien rolls his eyes. He pecks Jessica briefly on the cheek. Jessica is overjoyed.
 

‘Oh, here.’ Darrien pulls out a stack of notes from his pocket and hands them over to Jessica. ‘I won’t be free for lunch today. So, go occupy yourself.’
 

‘Oh my God, Darrien! Baby, I love you!’ Jessica wants to kiss Darrien one more time but Jeremy stops her.
 

‘We really have to go.’ Jeremy says and gives Jessica an unfriendly stare. Jessica returns the unfriendly stare.
 

‘Fine! Bye, darling! I love you!’
 

Jessica sees Darrien out of the door and closes it behind her. After they left, Jessica takes out the stack of notes and starts counting them. Her eyes grow wider and wider with each note she flicks through. She is so going shopping!
 

But before she can change and go out shopping, her phone rings. She looks at the caller ID and it says Hyoyeon. She answers the call.
 

‘Hi, Hyoyeon.’ Jessica says.
 

‘Jessica! Where are you? The competition is about to start!’ Hyoyeon says on the other line.
 

‘Oh…right. I’m just on my way there. See you.’ Jessica hangs up right after.
 

Jessica sighs and looks at the stack of notes. Looks like she can’t go shopping today. But not that it matters anyway. The shopping can wait since she has money with her. Jessica may be materialistic but when it comes to her friends, she still cares about them. Maybe not as much as money but caring a little more about her friends compared to other things still counts as caring, isn’t it?



 

Taeyeon hops up the stairs to her old house, the place she lived in before she married Dong Wook. She is visiting her family after a long, long time and she is very excited to see them.


Unlike Dong Wook, Taeyeon’s family is modest compared to his. Taeyeon’s father and Jonghyun have been living in the same place for well over 20 years, ever since Taeyeon was still in high school. Taeyeon’s mother had passed away from cancer when Jonghyun was 5. Taeyeon had to take care of Jonghyun while her father goes to work. Right after she graduated from high school, she looked for a job and that was how she met Dong Wook. She was his secretary for about two years before they both fell deeply in love and married each other. Since then, Taeyeon left her old house and lived with her husband and her irritating mother-in-law. She rarely gets the chance to visit her family because of her mother-in-law’s demands.


‘Appa! I miss you so much!’ Taeyeon says when her father opens the door and gives him a hug. ‘Ah, Jonghyunie! I miss you too!’ Taeyeon sees her little brother, Jonghyun, and gives him a hug as well.


‘What brings you here, Taeyeon? Aren’t you supposed to be with that jangmonim of yours?’ Taeyeon’s father teases.


‘Appa, can we stop with the teasing? I had to go through many obstacles to get her to say yes to me coming back to visit you guys.’ Taeyeon says, taking a seat at the dining table.
 

‘Fine, fine. How have you been?’ Mr. Kim asks.
 

‘Same old, same old. She’s not giving me a break and she’s always commanding me with that shrill voice of hers. Ugh, gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.’
 

‘Is that really, noona?’ Jonghyun says from his room.
 

‘Try getting married and see, Jonghyunie.’ Taeyeon says. ‘Oh yeah, talking about getting married, do you have a girlfriend yet?’
 

‘Good question, Taeyeon. Please help me scold your little brother. He’s living off of me and he doesn’t even have a decent job! I don’t mind if he’s busy with a girlfriend but all he does nowadays is sit in front of his computer.’ Mr. Kim says.
 

Taeyeon gets up from her seat and goes into Jonghyun’s room. Sure enough, he is on his computer. Suddenly, an idea comes to Taeyeon.
 

‘Yah, Jonghyunie.’ Taeyeon pats Jonghyun’s shoulder.
 

‘What is it, noona?’
 

‘Do you know how to use Facebook?’
 

Jonghyun looks at his sister like he just heard the funniest joke ever.
 

‘What?’
 

‘Are you telling me you don’t even have a Facebook account?’
 

Taeyeon rolls her eyes. ‘I’m so busy taking care of my jangmonim, your brother-in-law and your niece that I have no time for myself, let alone using Facebook.’
 

‘So…you want to create one?’
 

‘Yes.’
 

‘But I thought you said you have no time.’
 

‘Yah, just help your noona out, will you?’
 

Jonghyun gives Taeyeon the ‘okay’ sign and goes to Facebook’s site. He teaches her the steps to sign up for a Facebook account and even installs the app on her phone. He also teaches her how to search for her friends on Facebook. Once he finishes giving her the tutorial, he lets her explore the site herself while he goes out to grab a bite. She starts looking for her friends on Facebook. She starts with Sunny. She types in Lee Soon Kyu and there are over 30 Lee Soon Kyus on Facebook. She scrolls through the results until she sees a familiar face.
 

‘Omo! It’s her! Lee Soon Kyu… Sunny…married…real estate agent? Wow! Girl is doing well, I see.’ Taeyeon exclaims. She giggles to herself before adding Sunny as a friend.
 

‘Lee Soon Kyu? You mean that Lee Soon Kyu who always eats a lot?’ Mr. Kim asks.
 

‘Appa, you still remember her?’ Taeyeon asks when she comes out of the room.
 

‘I remember there was one time when you invited her and your gang of friends over to study and she was the only one who cries hungry every one hour.’ Taeyeon and Mr. Kim share a laugh when they recall how big Sunny’s appetite is. ‘Are you still keeping in touch with her?’
 

‘If she’s keeping in touch with Sunny noona, she wouldn’t have asked me to help her out with Facebook.’ Jonghyun says.
 

‘Yah! Mind your own business!’ Taeyeon scolds. Jonghyun sticks his tongue out at her and returns to his room.
 

‘So, you girls have not been contacting each other, then?’ Mr. Kim asks.
 

‘Well, not exactly. It seems like I’ve lost touch with everybody since leaving high school. But appa, I just met Hyoyeon the other day! Remember her? Dancing diva Kim Hyoyeon?’
 

‘Ah, yes, yes. I remember her. How is she?’
 

‘She’s still dancing and she is still living in that dance studio! Omo! I think she’s the only one who is still pursuing her dreams after all these years.’
 

‘Good to hear that. What about…hmm…that girl you always hang out with…Jessica! Is it?’
 

Taeyeon’s smile fades away when she hears Jessica’s name. Mr. Kim looks at her and he immediately understands. He takes her hands in his and pats it.
 

‘Don’t feel so bad about it, Taeyeon. It’s not your fault.’
 

‘How is it not my fault, appa?’
 

‘I’m sure Jessica has moved on and is doing well now.’
 

‘Well, hopefully. Hyoyeon told me that she’s living quite a lavish lifestyle now. She should be doing fine. I’m happy for her.’ Taeyeon smiles weakly.
 

Just then, Taeyeon’s phone rings. She pulls it out to see Hyoyeon calling her.
 

‘Hello, Hyoyeon?’ Taeyeon says.
 

‘Taeyeon! Where are you? The competition is starting!’ Hyoyeon says on the other line.
 

‘Omo!’ Taeyeon covers with her hands and her eyes widen. She has forgotten about Hyoyeon’s competition. ‘I’m so sorry, Hyoyeon. I’ll be right over!’
 

‘Who’s that?’
 

‘It’s Hyoyeon. Appa, I’m so sorry. I have to go now. I’ve promised Hyoyeon to go see her perform.’
 

‘Don’t worry. Go along. Take care.’
 

‘Bye, appa.’ Taeyeon says and hugs her father one last time. ‘Bye, Jonghyunie!’



 

Jessica arrives at the competition venue dressed from head to toe in designer’s outfit. She is wearing a Gucci dress underneath a Burberry trench coat, a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses, a pair of Prada heels and a Coach handbag to match. Since she is a little bit of a celebrity due to her relationship with Darrien, who happens to be quite popular as well, she catches the attention of several photographers and reporters who are present at the event. Jessica smiles and poses for them but refuses to give any interview. She quickly goes to the backstage where Hyoyeon is getting ready.
 

‘Jessica!’
 

Jessica looks around and sees Hyoyeon waving furiously at her. She goes over to Hyoyeon.
 

‘Hey, how’s everything? Are you nervous?’ Jessica asks.
 

‘I’ve been waiting this day for my entire life! I must win this competition!’ Hyoyeon says excitedly.
 

‘Good for you.’ Jessica pats Hyoyeon on the shoulders and checks her own reflection in the mirror.


 

‘What is taking Taeyeon so long?’ Hyoyeon says and checks her phone.
 

What Hyoyeon just said sends chills down Jessica’s spine. Her reflection in the mirror looks like the blood has drained from her face. Did Hyoyeon just say that Taeyeon will be here?
 

‘Hyoyeon, which Taeyeon? Kim Taeyeon?’ Jessica asks.
 

Hyoyeon looks at her and nods her head. Jessica sighs and looks like she is about to leave. Hyoyeon quickly stands up to stop her.
 

‘Jessica ~ ’ Hyoyeon slurs. ‘Don’t be like that. I really want you both to be here for me. Don’t leave, please?’
 

‘You know I don’t want to have anything to do with her, don’t you?’
 

‘But it’s my dream to see all my friends cheering for me in a competition and seeing me win my very first individual trophy! You can’t just leave now!’ Hyoyeon pleads.
 

‘Well, Taeyeon’s your friend. She can watch you. I’m not gonna stay in a room with her.’
 

‘Jessica ~ Sica ~ please don’t be like that ~please ~’ Hyoyeon continues to plead.
 

Jessica does not reply and seems to be thinking over her options. But before she can make her decision, a familiar voice rings through the room.
 

‘Hyoyeon! I’m so sorry I’m late!’
 

It is Taeyeon.
 

Taeyeon runs toward Jessica and Hyoyeon. She is panting for air when she reaches them. She then gives Hyoyeon the 'fighting' sign. When Taeyeon looks at the woman next to Hyoyeon, she can hardly recognize her.
 

‘You…’ Taeyeon begins.
 

Jessica takes off her sunglasses and tosses her hair behind. She smirks at Taeyeon.
 

‘Yes, it’s me, Jessica.’ Jessica says coolly.
 

Taeyeon is of course excited to see Jessica and wants to give her a hug but Jessica puts up a hand to stop her.
 

‘No need for skinship, thanks.’ Jessica sounds just as cold as before. 'Hyo, darling, I just remembered that I have a lunch date with my baby Darrien. I got to go now.'

Jessica picks up her bag, ready to leave when Taeyeon grabs hold of her arm. Jessica shrugs her off.

'Jessica, if this is about you not wanting to see me, I can leave.'

Jessica clicks her tongue and shakes her head. 'Taeyeon, Taeyeon, forever so self-indulgent.'

'I know you're not comfortable seeing me -'

'Save it! Hyoyeon ah, sorry but I really have to go.' Jessica eyes Taeyeon one more time before heading for the door.

Seeing Jessica leave makes Taeyeon feel bad so she decides to leave as well.

'Hyo, I'm so sorry but I don't think I can stay much longer. Jangmonim will be looking for me anytime soon. Good luck and win that trophy, okay?' Taeyeon smiles and heads for the door as well.

'KIM TAEYEON! JUNG SOO-YEON! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!' Hyoyeon suddenly shouts. Both Jessica and Taeyeon stop in their tracks, taken by suprise at Hyoyeon's sudden outburst.

Hyoyeon walks right up to the both of them. She looks furious and Hyoyeon was never one to get angry. If anything, she was the most tolerant member of Girls' Generation. But what Jessica and Taeyeon done must have upset her a lot for her to act this way. And calling Jessica by her real name shows how angry she really is.

'What the hell is wrong with the both of you? You are giving me excuses after excuses! I thought we were friends! We are best friends, goddamn it! Why must both of you change to be like this? What happened to you? Taeyeon, you were the most supportive friend I've ever known and you've always supported me in whatever that I do. But look at what you're doing now! You're walking out on me and it hurts! Right here!' Hyoyeon pounds her chest. She then turns to Jessica. 'And you, Jessica, you promised me that you'll see me perform and you never break your promise. But you're breaking your promise right in front of me! Do you even care about how I feel? All these years, I've been looking for both of you, not just both of you, but everyone! All of us, all of Girls' Generation but where is everyone? What happened to our friendship? We used to be so happy, doing everything together but nowadays, I'm doing everything by myself! Do you know how lonely I feel? I want my girls back, I want my Girls' Generation back! But nobody even seems to ING care!'

If that isn't bad enough, Hyoyeon dramatically falls to the ground and  starts crying. Taeyeon and Jessica look at each other, remorse in their eyes. They bend down to comfort Hyoyeon.

'Hyoyeon ah, I'm so sorry. I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'll watch you perform till the very end, alright?' Taeyeon says.

'Me too, Hyo. I'll be cheering for you, okay?' Jessica says.

'Jinjak?' Hyoyeon asks, tears streaming down her face.

'Hontou desu!' Jessica suddenly says in Japanese. Taeyeon giggles when she hears that but quickly stops when Jessica shoots her her famous ice princess look.

'Taeyeonie?' Hyoyeon looks at Taeyeon for confirmation. Taeyeon smiles and nods her head.
 

‘Yay! You guys are the best!’ Hyoyeon says, jumping up and coming in between them, bringing their bodies closer. Both women are a little hesitant, Taeyeon out of guilt and Jessica out of pride.
 

***

As Hyoyeon continues getting ready, Taeyeon and Jessica proceed to the performance hall and take their seats. Taeyeon takes a good look at Jessica. She really has changed! She is dressed from head to toe in designer’s clothing and she seems to be giving off the vibe that she’s doing well. And that ring on her finger weighs at least 10 carat.
 

‘So…how have you been?’ Taeyeon asks.
 

‘Good, never better.’ Jessica says, disinterest clear in her voice as she fiddles with her sunglasses.
 

‘Look at you with all these designer outfits and that ring. You are doing well, huh?’
 

‘Are you jealous?’ Jessica smiles sarcastically at Taeyeon.
 

‘Of course not. I’m just really happy for you, Jessica.’
 

‘Right, happy for me.’ Jessica rolls her eyes.
 

Taeyeon is not sure what to do. Should she apologize? It may have been many years but she can’t tell if Jessica has let go and move on. Or should she just shut up and remain silent in this already awkward situation? Against her better judgment, Taeyeon decides to say something.
 

‘Um…Sica, look..I’m really sorry about –‘
 

Jessica glares at Taeyeon like she is about to eat her up.
 

‘Do not mention anything about my past if you want me to stay.’ Jessica warns.
 

‘Okay, okay, anything you want. But I just really hope we can be friends again.’
 

‘Friends? Rubbish.’
 

The awkwardness of the situation intensifies. Taeyeon decides that it is best to keep quiet and wait for Hyoyeon to come out on stage.
 

‘Our next contestant is here to prove that no matter how old you are, you are never too old to chase after your dreams. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Kim Hyoyeon!’ the MC announces. It is Hyoyeon’s cue to go on stage.
 

The crowd, though small, welcomes Hyoyeon on stage with their cheers and claps. Taeyeon smiles brightly when she sees Hyoyeon while Jessica continues to look uninterested, checking out her manicured nails instead.
 

Hyoyeon prepares to dance. But before she can begin, she collapses on the ground. Taeyeon and Jessica look at each other in shock and quickly go over to Hyoyeon to check on her.
 

‘Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon ah!’ the two women call her but Hyoyeon is unresponsive.

'I'll call an ambulance.' Taeyeon pulls out her phone and starts dialing for an ambulance.
 

***

The ambulance arrives about 15 minutes later and Taeyeon and Jessica follow them to take Hyoyeon to the hospital. Hyoyeon regains consciousness about two hours later. Taeyeon and Jessica are informed that Hyoyeon had overworked her body and she was not getting enough rest thereby causing her to pass out. Taeyeon and Jessica are relieved to hear that nothing serious happened to their friend.
 

When they go in to the room to see her, Hyoyeon is struggling to sit up in bed. Taeyeon and Jessica help her up.
 

‘Tae…Sic…’ Hyoyeon says weakly, her eyes barely opening.
 

‘What is it, Hyo?’ Taeyeon asks, holding her hand.
 

‘Bring…bring Girls’ Generation back…I miss…I miss everyone so much…bring…bring back….’
 

Taeyeon and Jessica look at each other with uncertainty in their eyes. If bringing back Girls’ Generation will help Hyoyeon recover, they will. But the problem is where are they now?



 

A young Jung Soo-yeon was standing outside Soo Man High School. It was the first day of school and usually students are excited to meet their friends again but not for Soo-yeon because she was not familiar with anyone in Soo Man High. She felt lonely and intimidated as more and more unfamiliar faces passed her by.


‘Soo-yeon! Are you nervous?’
 

Soo-yeon turned around to see Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. She smiled when she saw them. At least, she wouldn’t be lonely with them around.
 

‘I am a little bit nervous.’ Soo-yeon admitted.
 

‘Don’t worry. Just stick with us and you’ll be fine. Come on, let’s go meet our friends.’ Taeyeon said.
 

In the school cafeteria, a group of girls were sitting around at a table and discussing their activities during the past summer break. A short girl was singing the incorrect lyrics to Michael Jackson’s Heal the World. She was not only singing the incorrect lyrics, she was also out of tune.
 

‘Yah! It’s make it a better place, not make it a fatter place!’ a girl with jet black hair scolded.
 

This girl who sang out of tune was Sunny while the girl who chastised her was Kwon Yuri. Yuri came from a rich family but she was a spoiled brat who always thinks that she is better than everyone else. Even though they were friends during that time, the Girls’ Generation clique didn’t really like her.
Sunny continued to sing out of tune and to the incorrect lyrics just to annoy Yuri. Just then, Yoona found an interesting reader’s letter in an adult magazine and she just had to share it with Yuri and Sunny.

 

‘Omo! Listen to this! My boyfriend slipped his tongue into my mouth last night and I felt a bit sick this morning. Am I pregnant?’ Yoona read the letter out loud.
 

‘Eww! Gross!’ Yuri responded.
 

‘But, is it possible for someone to get pregnant that way?’ Sunny asked.
 

‘What are you guys talking about?’ Hyoyeon asked as she approached the table with Taeyeon and Soo-yeon.
 

‘We were just talking about some…mmm…tongue action.’ Yoona winked.
 

‘Yah Yoona! When will you stop reading those adult magazines? Soo-yeon, this is Yoona, the guru.’ Taeyeon introduced.
 

‘I prefer the term most popular and most beautiful girl in school, thank you. Nice to meet you, Soo-yeon!’ Yoona waved to Soo-yeon.
 

‘I’m Soon Kyu! But you can call me Sunny because I’m always cheerful and I can light up the whole room!’ Sunny introduced herself.
 

‘Oh please! Talk about bragging!’ Yoona said.
 

‘What? It’s true!’ Sunny defended herself.
 

Before Taeyeon can introduce Soo-yeon to Yuri, a girl came running towards them. She was panting for air and was trying to say something. This girl was Tiffany, the motormouth and gossip monger of the group.
 

‘G-Guys…I-I…I heard that there’s a new transfer student from Japan! She’s Korean but she can’t even speak Korean properly! Isn’t that funny?’ Tiffany said and laughed.
 

However, nobody was laughing along with her and she stopped laughing immediately. She realized that there was a new girl standing next to Taeyeon.
 

‘This is…’ Tiffany said.
 

‘Hajimemae, my name is Jung Soo-yeon desu.’ Soo-yeon said in her usual, formal Japanese way.
 

‘Tiffany, this is Jung Soo-yeon. She is the transfer student you were talking about.’ Taeyeon said.
 

‘Oh…oops…sorry, my bad. I’m Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you.’ Tiffany extended her hand to Soo-yeon. Soo-yeon shook hands with Tiffany.
 

‘Please excuse Tiffany. She grew up in America and she just came back not too long ago, too. Her Korean is not any better than yours.’ Hyoyeon said.
 

‘Yah!’ Tiffany pouted.
 

‘Oh…So you are Soo-yeon…san, am I right? Nice to meet you, Soo-yeon san. I’m Kwon Yuri…desu.’ Yuri said. There was a clear tone of mockery in her voice.
 

‘Yuri, don’t make fun of her. She’s just not very familiar with the culture yet. She will learn over time. Soo-yeon, this is Yuri. She’s the smartest out of us all. So, if you wanna copy any homework, just go to her.’ Taeyeon said.
 

‘I’ll be glad to help…when you learn to write your Korean alphabets.’ Yuri said.
 

‘Yuri, please be nice.’ Tiffany frowned.
 

Soo-yeon and Yuri looked at each other in the eye. Soo-yeon smiled at her but Yuri only smirked. Yuri did not like Soo-yeon at all but poor Soo-yeon didn’t even know what she had done to Yuri.



Sunny is bored out of her senses as she yawns and scrolls through the computer. She is supposed to be working but how is she supposed to work when there are no customers? She logs in to Facebook and she has one new friend request. She clicks on the friend request and sees that it is her old friend, Taeyeon. She is delighted when she sees the request from Taeyeon because it has been many years since they last saw each other. Sunny quickly accepts the friend request.


‘Yeobo! I just found my friend on Facebook!’ Sunny squeals.


‘Oh really? Why don’t you go find us some business?’ Sunny’s husband, Kim Gura, says in a sarcastic manner.
 

‘Yeobo~ it’s not that I don’t wanna help out in the business but the economy is really bad nowadays.’ Sunny says.
 

‘Yeah, we’re suffering from an economy downturn. So, why don’t we just sit here and die?’ Gura mocks again.
 

‘Yeobo~’ Sunny goes over to her husband and shakes his shoulders. Gura pushes her away. ‘Yeobo ah~’ Sunny tries again but Gura just ignores her.
Sunny pouts and when she is about to return to her seat, she sees a magazine on her husband’s desk. She picks it up and a familiar looking woman is on the cover. On closer look, Sunny realizes that the woman on the cover of the magazine is Jessica.

 

‘Omo! Yeobo!’
 

‘WHAT?’ Gura is getting annoyed with Sunny’s affection.
 

‘Yeobo! This woman here is my long lost friend, Jessica!’ Sunny shows Gura the magazine. Gura looks at the magazine cover and his eyes widen in surprise.
 

‘You…you mean she is your friend? Do you know who is she?’
 

‘She’s Jessica.’
 

‘No! She’s the fiancée of Darrien Walters, the American investment banker!’
 

‘What? Really?’
 

‘Here,’ Gura takes the magazine from Sunny and flips to the cover story. ‘Here, read this.’
 

Sunny reads the content on the page and she too, is surprised. She is totally unaware of the fact that Jessica is getting married and of all people, Darrien Walters!
 

‘Yeobo~’ It is Gura’s turn to go all affectionate on Sunny. Sunny looks at Gura with questioning eyes.
 

‘Jessica is your friend, right, yeobo?’ Gura says. Sunny nods her head. ‘Then, go meet her. Go find us some business. Go! Go! Go!’ Gura pushes her to the front door.
 

‘Okay, okay, yeobo. Omo.’
 

Sunny takes her bag and prospectus with her before she leaves the office to look for Jessica. When Sunny is traveling in the cab to Jessica’s hotel, she can’t help but feel happy that she has reunited with two of her best friends. Well, sort of. Sunny sends a message to Taeyeon on Facebook asking her to come out for coffee some time. When she arrives at Jessica’s hotel, Sunny pays the taxi fare and steps into the prestigious five-star hotel. Sunny is amazed. When will she ever have the opportunity to stay in such an amazing hotel?
 

Because they did not make an appointment, Sunny has to depend on her luck to meet with Jessica. She quickly fires up her phone’s horoscope app to check on her luck today. Her horoscope for the day states that she is in luck for the thing that she truly wants. Sunny is not very sure if the business part is what she really wants but she knows that she truly wants to see Jessica again. She walks around the hotel aimlessly before sitting down at one of the comfortable couches in the lobby. She looks around, paying attention to nothing in particular when she sees a woman with light brown wavy hair exiting the elevator. Even beneath those sunglasses, Sunny knows that the woman is Jessica.
 

‘JESSICA! SICA AH!’ Sunny exclaims.
 

Jessica looks at her, confused. Sunny runs over to Jessica and throws herself at her.
 

‘Um, excuse me…but do I know you?’ Jessica asks, fending Sunny away.
 

‘Sica! It’s me! Sunny! Remember me? Sunny? Lee Soon Kyu!’ Sunny says excitedly.
 

Jessica thinks for a moment and when she finally recognizes Sunny, she nods her head and smiles.
 

‘Well, it was nice seeing you again, Sunny. Bye.’ Jessica says and leaves.
 

‘Wait, Jessica!’ Sunny chases after Jessica. ‘Omo! How long has it been? We should really hang out together.’
 

‘Yeah, we will have the time.’ Jessica dismisses Sunny.
 

Jessica continues walking but she stops when she sees several paparazzi outside the hotel. She knows one when she sees one since she has been trying to avoid them. Even though Jessica enjoys being in the limelight, she hates the paparazzi. They never leave her alone and they are always pestering her for new information about her love life. Jessica looks at Sunny, who is looking at her with eager eyes. An idea crosses her head.
 

‘Um, look Sunny, why don’t we go up to my room and I’ll order us some room service? I know how much you love to eat.’ Jessica fakes a laugh.
 

Sunny gasps. ‘Really? Omo! Sica, you’re the best!’
 

When Sunny wants to hug Jessica again, she grabs hold of her hands instead as they quickly make their way up to Jessica’s room.


 

***
 

‘So that’s why you are here.’ Jessica says after they are done eating their room service meals. Jessica ordered an extra large mixed grill for Sunny while she went for a Caesar’s salad instead.
 

‘Yah~ it’s not like that, Sica. I have no intention of asking you to buy any properties from me. I just wanna spend some time with you, really. I didn’t even know if you were still around in Korea until I see those magazines.’ Sunny quickly puts away her prospectus.
 

‘Well, where else can I go?’
 

‘You could have kept in touch with me. We’re friends!’
 

‘Yeah, you wish…’ Jessica mumbles.
 

‘What's that?’ Sunny did not hear what Jessica just mumbled.
 

‘Oh, nothing.’ Jessica fakes a smile.
 

Suddenly, the room door opens and in walks Darrien. Sunny can’t stop looking at Darrien the moment he walks in.
 

‘Omo! He’s…he’s Darrien? Omo! Mr. Darrien! I’m Sunny! Me, Jessica’s best friend, high school!’ Sunny tries introducing herself to Darrien in English. Jessica tries to stop her but Sunny ignores her.
 

‘Hello there, Sunny. Nice to meet you. I’ve never heard about you from Jessica before.’ Darrien eyes Jessica suspiciously.
 

‘We just haven’t kept in touch for a long time. We’re not that close anyway.’ Jessica tries to direct Sunny to the door but she continues pestering Darrien.
 

‘Congratulations! You, Jessica, marry.’ Sunny exclaims
 

‘Thank you. And you’re invited since you’re Jessica’s friend.’ Darrien says.
 

‘Jinjak yo? Me invited? Me, and friends…uh…’ Sunny is at a loss. English was never her strong subject and it continues to this day.
 

‘You mean you have other friends that are coming for the wedding?’ Darrien suggests.
 

‘YES!’
 

‘NO!’
 

Jessica and Sunny looks at each other. Sunny looks confused while Jessica is furious that Sunny wants the whole gang to attend her wedding.
 

‘Well, Sunny, since you’re Jessica’s friend and I’m sure Jessica has lots of friends as well, why don’t you invite them all to the wedding?’ Darrien says.
 

‘Oh, really? Okay, okay!’ Sunny says.
 

‘She’s just about to go, baby.’ Jessica smiles at Darrien. ‘Come on, Sunny. Look at the time! Omo! You have to get back to the office. Bye!’
 

Jessica finally manages to push Sunny out to the front door. But her problems are not over.
 

‘Graduated from the UCLA? Lived in America since birth? Just returned to Korea not so long ago? And not having any friends in Korea?’ Darrien takes several steps toward Jessica.
 

‘Darrien, I can explain.’ Jessica says.
 

‘Save it! I need a spa treatment.’
 

‘Oh cool! I can come with.’
 

‘No! Can’t you tell I’m getting some wrinkles on my forehead because of you? You are not coming along to stress me any further!’
 

Darrien leaves the room for a spa treatment at the hotel’s spa center but before he leaves, he gives Jessica the ‘I’m watching you’ sign. Jessica is relieved that she does not need to explain anything to Darrien…yet. But boy was that weird!