My Confession

GOT7 ONE SHOT COLLECTIONS

A group of girls heading to school's cafeteria were busy chit-chatting about the upcoming prom night. They will be the organizers together with the student council. 

"Hey~ Jin Hee ssi" one of their seniors and the vice president of the student council called the girl with glasses.

"선배, 안녕하세요." She slightly bowed.

"Did you already set the meeting with the catering for the prom?" She asked and Jin Hee nodded. "Good. I'll see you all tomorrow for another meeting. Bye girls." He bid goodbye and left.

"So much things to do" The girl with curly long hair grunted.

"I'm actually excited." Jin Hee exclaimed. The 4 girls looked at her and give her a 'you're kinda obvious' look.

"It's because you can spend time with Jaebum sunbaenim." The girl who is busy with her phone commented.

"Yah. Look who's talking? Uhhmm... Choi Youngjae" Natalie's face went red as soon Jin Hee 

mentioned the name.

"What the?!!!! Can you please shut up?!" Nat hushed. 

"Umm why? You were calling me?" A voice from behind asked which made the girls surprised. They all turn around except Nat who just ran out quickly away from her friends and from the guy.

"Youngjae~ah, Hahaha. Aniyo. I...I...just don't mind it." Jin Hee nervously replied.

"Okay, but your friend, she ran away. Is there something wrong with her? She's Natalie right?" Youngjae asked and Jin Hee nodded.

"Oh. Uhhmm. She's kinda having a stomach problem, you know?" SoonMin one of the girls, replied. The girls tried to hold their laughter till Youngjae bid goodbye.

"Bwahahahahahaha~ SoonMin she's soooo gonna kill you." Jin Hee said as she try to catch her breath from laughing.

"Agree. You better hide now." Yesa, the girl with curly long hair giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I am sooo gonna kill Jin Hee!" Nat reminded herself as she stormed out of the cafeteria.

"Natalie ssi~" Nat stopped on her track as the guy called her. None other than Choi Youngjae.

"Are you okay now?" He asked.

"What? I'm fine." Nat looked at him with a 'what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about" face.

"Well, Soon Min ssi, said you are having stomach problems sooo..." Nat's eyes widen and she clenched her fist. *okay, then gonna add you Soon Min on my list* She thought.

"Uhh, no. I'm perfectly fine. Oh well, need to go now. Bye" She ran away before Youngjae said goodbye. 

"YAHHHH~! JIN HEE AND SOON MIN!" She yelled as soon as she entered their secret hang out place.

"We love you Nat~! The girls hugged her before she explodes.

"You two are in big trouble!" She tried to get out from their hug.

"Uhmm Nat, they actually save your . Why on earth you just left like that?" Yesa asked her as Jin Hee and Soon Min let go of her.

"I know. It was a big mistake. On top of that, I even bumped into him, just like now!" She ruffled her hair in despair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*2 weeks after*

The organizers are busy preparing final touches for the prom night that is a week away from now. Natalie was assigned in the sound and music committee, so she went to the music department for help. As soon as she entered the 4-storey building, she heard a soulful melody coming from the 2nd floor. 

"Seems someone is practicing." She headed upstairs to check it. She peeped at the small window from the door. She saw a guy facing his back busy playing the piano. She was so caught in her own world that she didn't notice that the guy stop in playing and opened the door.

"Natalie ssi" She snapped from her thoughts and was shocked at the guy infront of her.

"Omo, Youngjae ssi, I didn't mean to disturb you." She aplogized and Youngjae shook his head. 

"No. You didn't. It's okay. By the way what brings you here?" He asked.

"Well, I am in charge of the sound and music for the prom, so I went here to ask for help." She explained.

"I can help you" Youngjae offered help and Nat asked him if it's okay. The two went to the recording room to choose songs for the prom night.

“Oh, what’s this song? I like the melody.” Natalie remarked on of the songs.

“It’s actually my composition. “ He responded timidly as he rubbed his nape. After listening to number of songs, Natalie picked 10 songs, 4 of them were composed by Youngjae.

“You know, you’re a good composer. You should join in the school’s competition. You have an idea about that right?” She asked and Youngjae nodded.

“But, I am not that confident, there are lots of great composers out there who are better than me.” He answered. .

“Believe in yourself Youngjae ssi. Trust me, you’re really great. Dae to the Bak!” Natalie gave him thumbs up and Youngjae chuckled.

“By the way, the song you’re playing a while ago, by any chance is that your entry for the competition?” She asked and he nodded.

“I haven’t finished it though. I’m having a hard time for inspiration. Most of the times, I composed songs when I have an inspiration.” He explained.

“You can do it! Youngjae fighting” She patted his shoulder and Youngjae just smiled at her softly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

As expected, Youngjae got first place in the competition; he was so glad and informed Natalie straightaway about the good news.

“Natalie ssi, I won!” Youngjae said cheerfully as he trotted his way to Natalie.

“Wah! I told you! You will get the first prize! Congratulations Youngjae ssi!” Youngjae unknowingly hugged Natalie that made her surprised. After realizing what he did, he then let go of her quickly and apologized.

“I’m so...sorry!” He stuttered as he apologized to her. Natalie shook her head telling him its fine.

“Uhh, Nat ssi, if you don’t mind, I have something to tell you later. Is it okay?” He asked and she nodded.

“Meet me later at the recording studio after the class.” He said and bid goodbye to Natalie.

 

That afternoon, Natalie head to the music department after their class to meet Youngjae. She’s wondering what he will say to her which made her a bit nervous. She went inside the recording room and saw Youngjae who’s inside the recording booth. Music started to play which made her more confused. Youngjae then started to sing.

“Omo., what’s the meaning of this?” Natalie asked herself still has no idea on what’s going on. She then decided to listen to the song that Youngjae is singing.

“*Why is this song familiar?”*

After the song ended, Youngjae then went out from the recording booth.

“Did you like it?” He asked and she nodded.

“Is that your composition for the competition?” Youngjae nodded and gave her a music book.

“That’s the song. My Confession. That’s the title of the song.” He said. Natalie scanned the lyrics and was touched at the same time a bit down at the thought of Youngjae dedicating the song to his special someone.

*I knew it, he has special someone already.*

“It’s actually for my special someone. I was able to continue the song because of her; she’s my inspiration for my winning piece.” He said as if he read Natalie’s mind. “And. . .i was so happy that she liked it.” Natalie smiled however deep inside she’s hurting and somehow wants to disappear in front of him or else she won’t be able to hide her true feelings.

“I also told myself, she will be the first one to know the good news…and I will also give her that book.” He continued. Natalie was about to give the music book back to him when Youngjae stopped him.

“What? Why? You didn’t like it? I thought you like it?” He asked in panic and got worried which made Natalie confused.

“You said you’ll give this to your special someone, here, give it to her” She said and Youngjae chuckled.

“Well, I already gave it to her and now she’s about to give it back to me.” Natalie furrowed her eyebrows because of confusion. Youngjae smiled and hugged her which she didn’t expect.

“Youngjae ssi…”

“Natalie,you’re that girl. You’re my special someone. I like you. “He confessed.

“Youngjae ssi.”

“I..i like you too.” She softly whispered however Youngjae was able to hear it that made him smile.

“Really?” He let go of her and looked at her eyes with full of affections. She nodded gleefully and Youngjae let out his signature laugh as he hugged her tightly again.