Guilt

The Zorro

That next morning Kibum was the one to wake up first, the elder still snoring soundly. He judged it was about eight in the morning or slightly earlier. He looked at Jonghyun's sleeping face and sighed in admiration.

 

Well, except for the fact he was drooling a little bit, but that could be easily overlooked.

 

Jonghyun looked so cherubic and beautiful while sleeping with his lips slightly parted while his hair was in an organized chaos. Kibum's index finger traced the pout of Jonghyun's lower lip all the way to the curve of his nose. Still, the news of the elder's scumbag father still stuck in Kibum's consciousness. He understood perfectly what it's like to feel alone in the world.

 

What he couldn't figure out why such a beautifully good person like Jonghyun would suffer the same fate as him.

 

Suddenly the boy beside him stirred, mumbling something under his breath and shoving his face deeper into the pillow. Kibum chuckled and decided to finally wake the latter up.

 

"Hey...Jong...wake up.." 

Nothing.

"Jonghyun~" A little more louder.

Still nothing.

"Jonghyun wake up--"

 

A strong pair of tanned arms wrap around Kibum's slender torso, pinning him to the muscled warm body that was Jonghyun. 

 

Jonghyun pressed his lips against Kibum's ears, "Yah, be quiet. Some people are trying to sleep here." 

 

Kibum shivered from the breath tickling down his neck and the elder's lips caressing his earlobe. He was pretty sure everyone else was going to wake up soon to go out and work, but Jonghyun had other plans.

 

Looks like Kibum is sleeping for a few more hours

••• ••• ••• ••• •••

Onew was back in the field that day much to both of their surprise. Kibum had to threaten Jonghyun whenever he attempted to chew out Jinki for the secret meetings with Minho. Taemin had been looking better as well. He looked fed and healthy, not as thin and ghastly like they had found him. Still, Taemin's words nagged Kibum. He was lying to Jonghyun and Jonghyun detested liars. 

He just hated himself even more. The elder had been already been apart of a three year lie of his father. Times like these Kibum wished there wasn't anything like guilt or regret. 

That guilt would eat Kibum alive for exactly a month and two days. 

Kibum found himself in a predictable loop while out fighting thieves and outlaws. It was the same routine really: Wake up, go out as the Zorro, Jonghyun somehow finds him, he gets kidnapped, Kibum saves him, then the cycle repeats.

You'd think after the first kidnapping the puppy eyed boy would've left him alone, but it was quite the opposite. It's like he did it on purpose because he knew nothing would ever happen to him as long as the Zorro was around.

Today however was different and Kibum has no idea how they ended up this way. 

Today's battle was near a train stop where cargo trains were lined up by the dozen. Of course Jonghyun showed up and nearly got himself killed twice and angered one of the thugs by easily snatching his gun straight out of his holster. So to save both their asses he pulled Jonghyun into a moving cargo train heading north to the main city. 

"Are you insane?! You've could've gotten us both killed!" Kibum or should he say the Zorro yelled.

Jonghyun looked as through he wanted to disappear through the cracks of the wooden train car. This was the first time he had snapped.
Kibum sighed, not being able to stay mad for too long, and taking off his hat while running his leather clad hand through his dark hair. 

"I'm sorry...I know I'm always in your way but I can't help it. I-If you really think I'm getting annoying then I'll just stop showing up. I just don't know what I'm doing with myself anymore." Kibum knows that tone of voice too well. He turns around and sure enough Jonghyun was hugging his knees and crying quietly into his folded arms. 

Cue shattering heart.


So Kibum found himself holding the shorter male, feeling terrible for yelling at him yet again. 

Jonghyun choked between quiet sobs, "Lately I've been so sad...I don't know who I am anymore, what purpose I serve anymore. I don't have anyone to turn to to give me the guidance and care I want that only family could give you. S-Sure I have my friends but they have their own lives and I don't...I don't wanna burden them. And then I have the most amazing boy back on the ranch. Oh Kibum I don't deserve you!" 

Kibum bit his lip listening to Jonghyun ramble on about his depression and his lost of his self worth. A boy who shone so bright...his light was being drained from him slowly...and no one was there to see it. Not even Kibum had been, he had been so busy living a double life and trying to avoid the elder he had ignored the signs of his distress. How could he have been so blind?! 

Kibum hooked his hand under Jonghyun's chin, making him look at him directly in the eyes.

"Please...for me...stay strong. Please continue to smile and make the others around you feel special. I would hate to see someone with such a bright radiance die out so tragically." 

Jonghyun merely sniffled in replied while his eyes where red and puffy from crying. 

So Kibum kissed him, his nose briefly brushing against the latter. Jonghyun melted so easily and didn't even flinch out of surprise like he was expected to. It was supposed to be quick, but that served to be a lie as well. Kibum tilted his head to deepen the kiss, meeting Jonghyun's tongue half way.

Now normally this would've had Kibum on a love high and he would've passed out long ago, but he was in Zorro mode which meant fake confidence. The shorter male hummed into it, slowly shifting his weight into the Zorro until Kibum's back hit the wooden floor.

That was when the tangled web of lies and deception became one giant knot. 

Things became quickly became more passionate and heated, kisses grew sloppier and touches grew from innocent to full of desire. Jonghyun pried his lips from the younger's bow lips, moving to on the tender skin of Kibum's collar, earning a dragged out moan from the leather clad man. 

"J-Jonghyun what are you--"

Jonghyun pushed their hips together harshly, shamelessly rubbing himself against Kibum.

Kibum was deteriorated into a babbling mess in a mere 5 seconds. The train cart smelt of raw passion and sweat as the layers of clothing were removed one by one, only one missing: The Mask.

It never came off during the two's dance in the darkness in the barely lit train cart. It wasn't like Jonghyun minded, it was something he shamelessly dreamt about that would have him waking up to a painful . 

"Shh...please just let me forget..."

••• ••• ••• ••• ••• •••


At the crack of dawn Jonghyun was back in his bunk lying next to a lightly snoring Kibum. He didn't remember how he had gotten there, but he most certainly remembered what happened after he reached his peak in that heated night in the train cart. The Zorro was even more beautiful in the moon light draining through the cracks of the cart door. His long legs and slender torso was permanently engraved into his memory.

He looked next to him and was immediately overwhelmed with guilt. Kibum and he were officially dating. They haven't gone as far as heavy make out secessions either. He felt so bad for deliberately cheating on him. 

"I really don't deserve him after all..." He mumbled to himself as he let his head fall back into his pillow. 

Jonghyun had it all.

But now he felt more helpess than ever.