Breathless

The Zorro

Darkness.


Just utter darkness.


Well, that and the sound of Jonghyun's kidnapper talking to some other guy, possibly guys, as his shoulder digs into his to cage uncomfortably. If he was gonna be kidnapped the puppy eyed boy would at least could do without the slowly forming bruise on his abdomen. 

Jonghyun begins to thrash and flail in his abducter's arms. 

"Let me go!!! I said let go!!"

A particularly soft voice cuts in, "Just stay still, the Zorro will be here soon."

Jonghyun comes to find out he's not the only one being taken against their will. Mrs. Lee always warned them about gypsy territory. It's the breeding ground for rapists and traffickers taking gypsy women and children in masses. 


But why in the world did they take him?! 

 

"Oi, before we put him on the market should we test him out?"

"Great idea. Heh...he's the perfect pretty boy. He'll sell for a lot."

Jonghyun's heart dropped. Test him out? Sell for a lot? They were gonna traffic him after they him! 

This only made the short male put up a stronger fight. His legs flailed and kicked one of the men in the face, resulting in a string of curses from him. 

"Why you little --!"

Suddenly things grow silent before a wave of chaotic screaming begin. Jonghyun can't see a thing so he has to guess about what's going on. Now he was bouncing on his kidnappers shoulder as he runs away from whatever inflicted so much fear in the men. There's sounds of guns and swords clashing, it all makes Jonghyun want to knock out the man holding him and get out of the crude sack. 

Suddenly his body is sent tumbling to the ground. His kidnapper is screaming like a little child, but he can't see why.

"That's the last time you kidnap innocent people!" a familiar voice rings out before the sack is pulled off of him. 

 

The Zorro smiles apologetically at Jonghyun.

The Zorro had saved him! 


The shorter male looks to his left, a thin girl with long brown hair hanging over her face sits next to the sack pulled off her head.

So that's who was talking earlier!

The Zorro nods his head behind him, "You two stay behind me. This will be over in a few minutes."

One of the men scoff and point his pistol at Jonghyun's savior. The Zorro smirks and pulls out one of his own.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Which one will it be gentlemen?"

"Spare us the talk!" the man growls cocking his gun.

The Zorro shrugs, "As you wish. Might wanna close your eyes you two. Things are gonna get messy."

Jonghyun isn't too sure exactly what the Zorro did, he closed his eyes just like asked and only heard gunshots for a good five minutes before it ceased. He opens his eyes only to find the masked man inches away from his own face.

Jonghyun jerks back as the masked man merely chuckles. The shorter males cheeks burn a bright red. It's taking everything in Kibum's power not to laugh in Jonghyun's face. Being the Zorro still has it's perks, why not have a bit of fun while it lasts? 

He helps the two up. The other abductee has clearly been under hostage for much longer than he had thought. Bruises decorate his arms and neck. Kibum can deduce what they're from with not much difficulty. 

"U-Um!! Thank you for saving me!" Jonghyun blurts while playing with his fingers.

"Same here! Thank you Mister Zorro! My name is Taemin by the way." Jonghyun makes a face of shock, so that's a boy?

He would've never have known because of the hair. Plus Taemin's face is awfully pretty. 

"No need to thank me. I'm just glad you two are safe. Now Taemin, I'll bring you home alright? I want to make sure you get home safely." Jonghyun watches as his savior puts away his pistol.

Taemin nods and begins to lead the way down the road. He has a bit of a limp too. Jonghyun tilts his head in curiosity, he has seen that same limp in Jinki. 

 

How strange. 

 

More pressing matters occupied the boy's mind though.

Like the fact he was walking next to the Zorro nearly inches away. 

Jonghyun could feel his heart slamming into his chest out of pure nervousness. His stomach feels fluttery and his palms are starting to sweat. He wipes his palms on his thighs and steals a glance at the black clad man. 

"Um...thank you for saving me. I was really scared... I really thought that I was never gonna get home. They were gonna do things to me just before you came...I-I'm just really glad you exist." Jonghyun bites his bottom lip staring at the floor, what was he saying? He's probably among the tons of people the Zorro saves everyday. 


He wasn't any special.


"Did you really think I was gonna let you get defiled by some grimy men? Your lack of faith in your hero is surprising, Jonghyun. Nonetheless you are welcome." the shocked look on the shorter makes face when Kibum had remembered his name was almost laughable. 

Jonghyun latches onto the arm of the mask man, inhaling the scent from the black fabric. 

"You don't think I'm some annoying kid...do you?"

"No. I never once did." 

A gloved hand ruffles Jonghyun's hair out of affection. All this is making his heart want to leap out of his throat. 

There was no doubt of it now.

Jonghyun was undoubtedly in love with the Zorro and Kibum knew it.


••••• ••••• ••••• •••••


How they ended up eating dinner on a log in a gypsy camp Jonghyun did not know, but here they were. When they brought Taemin home his mother insisted we stay for the small party they were having. There were people dancing playing music and cheering. Jonghyun thought it was a nice, lively atmosphere. 

Kibum gets up to help Taemin's mother with clean up, leaving Taemin and Jonghyun alone. Taemin is the first to speak.

"So what's your name?" 

"Jonghyun... I was actually on the way here when I got snatched up."

Taemin nods and combs his fingers through his hair, "No wonder then. You walked straight into the red zone. May I ask why? Town dwellers should know better than to come here alone."

Jonghyun sighs deeply, "I was looking for The Zorro actually. A friend of mine said he came through here so I wanted to ask around if they know where he went or saw his face. He's...fascinating. He's been all I think about recently so I've been on a wild goose chase after him since he appeared. But you know what...? I'm not so sure what my motives are anymore. I feel weird about him now."

"So you're in love with the Zorro? I'll tell you what you're fully entitled to that. I mean look! He's the poster man for handsome and dangerous! Before I got kidnapped I heard about that incident here. He sure ran out pretty quick."

"Thats exactly my problem. He's gone as fast as he comes. I can never get a hold of him long enough to get in a good conversation." Taemin nods before looking past the shorter boy, spotting the Zorro coming back. 

Taemin grins and gets up, "Well now's you're chance lover boy. Use it well."

Before Jonghyun could register his words Kibum sits back down on the log, crossing his legs in a cool position. Why was Jonghyun left so breathless around this man? He didn't understand it. His mere presence had Jonghyun's tongue tied in knots with a loss for words. 

"What you do for everyone, it's really noble of you. Saving the people of this small town...it's really great! Aish...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really admire you. You always seem to be there when I need you even if you're far." He cringed at his own words, way not to be desperate. 

"I'm closer than you think. You don't need to shower me with thank you's, it's enough to see you okay." Kibum's eyes turn up into an eye smile, making Jonghyun internally melt.

The black clad man scoots closer to the body next to him causing Jonghyun's cheeks to burn a brighter red. 


"I know...it's just that...you're all I ever think about now a days. A-Ah! Not to mean it in a creepy stalkerish way at all it's just that you've really made an impression on me alright?!" his voice turns shrill, dripping with embarrassment.

Kibum mentally chuckles and opens his mouth to say something, but only he never gets to speak.


Someone is screaming.


"HE DID WHAT TO YOU?!"


Kibum immediately draws his sword.


It's Taemin and his mother is holding him up by the hair. 


"MY SON IS UNPURE!"